• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

When did you do the 1st mow for this season?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a thread like this last year. In 2006 my first mow was on April 5th. This year my first mow was on April 2nd. Closer than I thought.

I'm going to try to remember to have a thread like this each year to compare first mow dates.

Last years thread was poorly titled: "it's about time ......"
here is a link to it:
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=3518

Post your date of first mowing so we can compare mowing seasons.

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
First mow was March 17th.
Second mow was March 30th.

The only positive to having to mow so early was that I got to use my new Kubota ZG23 mower for the first time!

*I still haven't done any weed-eating yet, and it's starting to show.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tonight (if I get all the sticks picked up first). Then plow snow tomorrow or the next day. Like you, 80 degrees today then snow is in the forecast for tomorrow.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Last friday march 30th I mowed at the shop & pi$$ed off the neighbors !! Now (since I have the better looking front lot) they have to start too !!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gee you guys get to mow really early. I won't be mowing for at least a month or so yet. But none of you guys got LBrown59 beat out. If I remember right he was mowing in February last year. :yum:

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm mowing today, and I think its the third cutting this spring. Don't remember for sure when the first was.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Mowed about two weeks ago. It's due for it again but its too wet.

I usually let it get kind of long during the rainy spring and then use the Flail Mower to knock it all down (except for the edges and tight spots) once it gets dry enough.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_B will probably mow the area on the upper level of our lot this weekend. The "valley" area still has standing water from snow melt and rain. The upper area is where the house & workshop sit, it tends to drain quickly and the soil is a hard clay so the grass doesn't grow quickly. I looked at it today, it doesn't quite need to be cut, but it will look neater after it is cut.

The lower level of the property has much richer soil, and the grass down there needs to be cut, but there is no way to do it until it dries out.

Hutchman

Site Supporter
I mowed about ten days ago and just finished the second mowing. I originally went out today to just mow the dog yard, but kept going and ended up mowing the full 4.5. Will probably be sunburned though. I put sunscreen on my face but not on my arms and legs. Hutch

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
The lawn here has been mowed every week or two. When I get home I do not plan to mow unless I have to. No time.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Haven't yet this season. Ground is still too wet. Grass was left long last year due to end of the season rains. Now it's just picking up where it left off from last year.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well if the weatherman is correct, we won't be mowing this weekend. They are now predicting 19 degrees and snow flurries for Saturday. It was in the 60's today, supposed to drop below freezing tonight and stay cold through Easter.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
B_Skurka said:
Well if the weatherman is correct, we won't be mowing this weekend. They are now predicting 19 degrees and snow flurries for Saturday. It was in the 60's today, supposed to drop below freezing tonight and stay cold through Easter.
Bob you big SISSY !! No 84 " MMM for the SnowTrac ?? ( I thought it had everything :pat: ???........!!)

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
My grass is still short - just started growing/greening up last week. I did get the brush hog out on the 24th of March and mowed the perimeters of my fields...and disc'd them on the weekend of the 31st to get ready to plant corn.
Now we are supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow today thru tomorrow.
:letitsnow:

humor_me

I've been mowing continuously throughout the winter.

But, I will have to say that I had to take a break (one weekend) to rebuild my deck's idlers and spndles.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Mowed the back yard for the first time today. It took a while as some of the grass was a foot high. Tonight the front.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll guess that you are doing the mowing in N. Dakota right?

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Still haven't mowed the grass, I can't call it a lawn, it has half a chimney on it and I can't get the mower going and also I am too busy with a snowtrac! It will probably have to have a scythe on it before I can cut it, also it is raining too much for a mower - ah such is life!!

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll guess that you are doing the mowing in N. Dakota right?

Down south, I have some one else do it as we are down there so little. Up here my son used to mow it until his back problems. So now it is me mowing it again.

Actually up here, it should have been mowed a couple of weeks ago, but just to busy.