• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Help me decide

What color should I paint it?

• Red with gold decals and lettering.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Blue with silver decals and lettering.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Leave it white with blue or red decals and lettering.

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Other(please specify)

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Here's a before and after with all the decals now installed. I have the seats now and will install them sometime this week. Total cost for the for the facelift on this old boat is going to come in at less then $200 for everything including paint, primer, clear, supplies, all decals, new trailer fenders, new fuel line and new seats, swivels, and pedastels. I'm guessing that I've increased the value of this old girl by almost double of what I paid for her judging by the prices of comparable boats in this area. I plan on keeping her for 2-3 yrs then upgrading to something a bit bigger. I estimate the boat to be made in the 70's sometime. The engine is a '77 but has all new electronics, good compression, rebuilt lower end.

Great job,where is the beer cooler?:whistling:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I generally leave the beer cooler at camp. I was slightly mistaken when i said it had a rebuilt lower end though. That's what I was told. Good thing I tore it apart in the driveway to inspect it. Much easier to change parts here rather then a slow ride back with the trolling motor. Going to head out soon to give her another run to see if the problem is solved. It won't do it here in the driveway with the muffs on. The engine has to be under torque actually pushing the boat for it to skip like that.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's some before and after of the interior. I'm assuming those black pvc pipes were intended to be used as rod holders but it didn't make much sense to me to have them pointed straight up so I took them off, bent a 90 degree angle bracket to be more at a 45 degree angle, bolted the pvc pipe to it then remounted it in new locations more practical to where the seats are located. It works and should serve the purpose when trolling. As I said earlier, the interior isn't quite finished yet but I'll get to in eventually. I got rid of those big goofy wooden frames they had under the seats to get them mounted up higher and installed a 12" riser mount for the rear seat and built a much more appealing platform in the front for the seat to mount on. There's even storage space under the front seat now for a few rain jackets etc.

Attachments

• IMG00254.jpg
    IMG00254.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG00448.jpg
    IMG00448.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG00447.jpg
    IMG00447.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Doc