• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Snocat model descriptions

skupetz

Total Newbie question,

What are the different models 1342, 1544, etc etc equate to?? is there a chronological order to it? I assume one digit has to do with the number of boogies. yep thinking cap on!

Fell in love with the Tuckers while stationed at McMurdo station, course I paid little attention to it other that is was considered the "Cadillac of the ice" by folks and if you were lucky enough to get a date, that was the vehicle to cruise in.

Thanks in advance, -Gustaf

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't understand the 4 digit codes but in the older 3 digit codes there was a clear logic to the numbers. I presume the 4 digit codes follow a similar system but I've not looked into them.

For example the 2xx models were smaller than the 3xx models, which were smaller than the 4xx models.

The 5xx series models were extra-wide track models.

The 7xx series were large freight haulers (and used in the Antarctic exploration)

The second and third digits, I believe, referred to body type/track configuration.

So looking at the four digit machines I have to assume that Tucker is using a similar numbering system but updated with their newer capabilities and cab configurations.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems to me the 4digits determined diesel vs gas, front engine vs rear, that sort of thing. I'm sure a Tucker dude will be along soon to straighten us out.

last digit..

2=pickup cab (2pax)
3=sedan cab (10pax)
4=crew cab (5pax)

next to last digit...
2=two track
4=four track

first digit in 3digit series
200-900=progressively large bodies, with 500 series being extra wide track

Last edited:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Still looking for definitive answer to meaning of first two digits in 4-digit number (13xx, 15xx, etc)... I think SnoOps knows.