• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

interest in have a group conference call??

OregonAlex

Hey Folks,

I was wondering if anyone would have an interest in have a group conference call to talk about subjects or debate politics. Assume we can all keep it civil. Might be fun to hear what everyone sounds like.

The conference call would be free and anonymous for everyone. You can call in via a phone number or with your computer for free.

anyone have any interest in this? just think it might be fun.

Also, I think I might know of a neural political moderator/host for this if there is interest in political debate. He might be interested if we all promise to be civil to each other.

or.. maybe we can nominate someone else here to moderate. Bob is the only one I can think of who might be neutral enough.. although he is a conservative.

What do you think?
-Alex

OkeeDon

I dislike the telephone. I prefer written conversations. It's much easier to go back and point out the inconsistencies and contradictions...

OregonAlex

BoneheadNW said:
Bob neutral? I knew he could go either way, but he is not neutral politically! :D
Bone
well I don't know.. he always seems to be decent to me.. Being that this is mostly a Conservative group... Bob might be as good as it gets..

Bone,
You might know someone more neutral.. maybe we can convince someone to moderate.

OregonAlex

OkeeDon said:
I dislike the telephone. I prefer written conversations. It's much easier to go back and point out the inconsistencies and contradictions...
I can understand that.. I just thought it might be fun.. it goal was not to pick on people. People can certain just call in to listen in if they don't want to talk. There is a mute function. ;-)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now if we all had video phones do you think we could play a little Texas Holdem. Dealing the cards might be a bit tough.

I think hearing the voices would be cool. Not sure we'd all get a word in edgewise if it was a debate. Maybe we'll think of something else to discuss.

OregonAlex

Doc said:
Now if we all had video phones do you think we could play a little Texas Holdem. Dealing the cards might be a bit tough.

I think hearing the voices would be cool. Not sure we'd all get a word in edgewise if it was a debate. Maybe we'll think of something else to discuss.

open to ideas.... anyone?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
referring to interest or ideas?

OregonAlex said:
Hey Folks,

I was wondering if anyone would have an interest in have a group conference call to talk about subjects or debate politics. Assume we can all keep it civil. Might be fun to hear what everyone sounds like.

-Alex

"Not me" answer's the above and "I have no couth" is why.........:whistle:

BoneheadNW

Big Dog said:
referring to interest or ideas?

"Not me" answer's the above and "I have no couth" is why.........:whistle:
Hey Big Dog-
Did the dentist pull out your couths? :D :pipo: :pipo:
Bonehead

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
Hey Big Dog-
Did the dentist pull out your couths? :D :pipo: :pipo:
Bonehead

Yep, last one was a bitch too. He had to drill the damn thing out.... :frustrado

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So it appears that there was a test of this last night, at least Bonehead & Alex. Anyone else? How did it work?

I was offline last night since we were hosting a charity gathering and had a full house of people here eating all my good food and drinking the last of my Leinenkugle Honey Weiss and Sam Adams. But all worked out, we have a room full of goods that were donated for a silent auction fund raiser that will take place in early February. (everyone who came had to bring a 'gift' that we could use in the charity auction)