• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A little fun came my way yesterday

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
We were out in the yard yesterday afternoon.....and up the road came a young lady with one young boy in a wagon and another in hand.....one white and one very black.....the white one in the wagon had gotten a large splinter in his foot and the mother was panicking...Mom picked up the little black boy and handed him to me and said you and grandpa go get the mail....so he and I climed on the tracter and in low range first gear we went off to the mail box.......I would guess him to be about 5 if that old.......at first stearing was enough....then he spied the joy stick...whats that grandpa??? so we scraped a little sand, and dumped it and scraped some more!!!! At about 3/4 mile an hour it takes a while to go the 1/4 mile to the mail box.....as we pass my friends house he is standing in the yard ..mouth hanging open in full stare!! the youngster was so busy driving that I dont think he even saw him.....we picked up the mail and went on down to the lake a nd scooped some water.....then turned back to the house......as we started past the friends house...the little guy spotted him standing on the porch....and in a very loud shout the little guy said"LOOK GRANDPA....A PORCH MONKY!!!!!! from the mouth of babes!!!! the only thing I could do is hit the clutch,and brakes......I was laughing so hard I couldnt see through the tears!!!!! my friend just stood there....Finely got a little self control and we came on to the house.....the splinter was out and we gave them a ride home.....that little guy babbeled all the way home about driving the tractor and digging dirt.......as Ive gotten older I find that I seem to get along best with ...dogs and kids......and it dont seem to make any difference what collor eather of them are.......youngsters and dogs....they eather like ya or they dont....Last night I got to thinking back on it and I think I would rather have that young mans friendship....that a lot of the adults around here!!!!!

I have a little paper weight here on the desk...it says "a man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

The Lord blessed me with some happy time yesterday!!!!!:smile: Hope the little guy stays around......We both like tractors!!!!

Besides that....my friend down the road..is not going to hold coment for very long!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tell him East Tex Franks story of the black man drilling for oil in Africa toasting slavery at the bar..... Remember? I would love to tell a black guy about that...

Regards, Kirk

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes I remember one of thes days he will give me an opening......its a lot more fun that way!! just sort of slip it in...smooth like!!!!! a picture of his face yesterday would havebeen priceless but I was about to split a gut...I couldnot have taken a picture!!!!!!:whistling:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is too funny. Like you said, out of the mouths of babes. :yum: I love it. :thumb:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Today my "friend" stoped me and said he knew I had put the boy up to it.........I just smiled and said no....but I would love to take credit for it!!!!!!!! He chewed on that for a second and said he didnt think we should talk any more.........I was truly hurt:whistling: then had a thought....and told him .....the principal of equality only required that I have at least one Black friend...and little billy will fill that need nicely:smile: besides we both fit on the tractor together!!!!!!:clap:....receved no coment!!!!!!