• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1981 Pisten Bully 130D

pagosadave

Hey Guys...I'm new to this forum and hoping to find some threads and or answers to some general questions about a PB 130D that I have. So this cat has been on my ranch years and I think it was purchased over 20 years ago from the Alaskan Highway Department.

Anyone out there familiar with these cats and mind helping me with a few questions? Thanks in advance.

pagosadave

Ok so can some one tell me what this is and what it does. its baffled me for a long time...

picture.php

pagosadave

Im also wondering what some of these switches do. I have no manual to refer to and through trial an error I have figured out what some do.

picture.php

1. the toggle left of the stop button?
2. The 5th switch on the panel below the tach.
3. The far right switch below and to the right of the gas gauge. When flipped up, it lights up the bulb for what looks to be down pressure for the rear element. Am I right?

Also random questions about some other stuff in the cab.

1.On the passenger side next to the chair, there looks to be a jack mounted. What does that do?

2. There is also a valve under and to the right of the operators chair. Not the parking break but just behind that with a turn wheel. What does that do?

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated. I'm gonna go out today and tension the tracks. I'd love to hear back from anyone and am open to whatever guidance and or knowledge that could be shared.

pagosadave

Here are more specific pix of what I'm asking about...

picture.php

What is this and what does it do.

picture.php

What is this for? When do I use it and why is it there?

pagosadave

Oh...I need some new snow combs...Do you guys know of a good source for these parts. Well hell, any of the parts on this cat. I have a leaky injector and the list goes on. I'm just going to ease into this forum in hopes that can get a convo started with an authority on this machine. Fingers crossed.

picture.php

picture.php

And a ATF leak...sexy huh?

picture.php

I don't have any experience withe the 130 but plenty withe the 200d/260d and newer.

The pump device looks like the manual pump for lifting the cab and deck but is located on the outside of the cab on mine.

The valve with the knob looks like an emergency stop that sets the brakes in addition to the regular brake valve.

The toggle switch next to the start button was used for different reasons usually to switch the hydraulic function of the joystick to activate the cylinder that disconnects the snow plow from the frame or operate other accessories in the front or rear of the cat.

I would need a better picture of the rocker switch to see what the icon is.
The digital display/box looks similar to the drive or tiller card which is a computer/processor for controlling the drive and tiller systems.

I would contact Pisten Bully as they are extremely helpful and they have a great tech service at (775) 857-5030. Also the dealer in your area should be able to provide you with a owners manual and parts manual.

X2 on Fall Line having the combs.

Nice looking cat and I would guess it is closer to a 1992 and I'll go look through my manuals to see what years the made the 130d.

What state are you located? Go to Pisten Bully's website to see what dealer is closest or ask Tech Services.

I see your in Pagosa Springs so your dealer is probably the one in Grand Junction. There is also a member on here that goes by Dr, Zaugg and he has a ton of parts and knowledge and was in Grand Junction also the last time I checked.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are more specific pix of what I'm asking about...

picture.php

What is this and what does it do.

picture.php

What is this for? When do I use it and why is it there?
is the line hydraulic and run to one of the drive motors powering the track?

Dr. Zaugg

I have just sent everything I had PB wise to RJ Blenis back east. Including a couple of 130 books. Retiring asap.

pagosadave

I don't have any experience withe the 130 but plenty withe the 200d/260d and newer.

The pump device looks like the manual pump for lifting the cab and deck but is located on the outside of the cab on mine.

The valve with the knob looks like an emergency stop that sets the brakes in addition to the regular brake valve.

The toggle switch next to the start button was used for different reasons usually to switch the hydraulic function of the joystick to activate the cylinder that disconnects the snow plow from the frame or operate other accessories in the front or rear of the cat.

I would need a better picture of the rocker switch to see what the icon is.
The digital display/box looks similar to the drive or tiller card which is a computer/processor for controlling the drive and tiller systems.

I would contact Pisten Bully as they are extremely helpful and they have a great tech service at (775) 857-5030. Also the dealer in your area should be able to provide you with a owners manual and parts manual.

X2 on Fall Line having the combs.

Nice looking cat and I would guess it is closer to a 1992 and I'll go look through my manuals to see what years the made the 130d.

What state are you located? Go to Pisten Bully's website to see what dealer is closest or ask Tech Services.

Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to reply! Ill look closer at the pump / jack setup in the cab and play with the knob valve a little more. I just need to follow the lines and see where they go.

Ill take a better pic of the rocker switch. The icon looks like a 2 prong fuse with a squiggly line running through it. I think its spring loaded as well so it acts like a defrost switch would buy resetting it self back, but I don't think it has anything to do with defrosting.

Ya know I have no idea where I got that it was an '81. Perhaps I saw something on the cab that made me think that. I took a photo of the plate inside on the drivers side of the machine....

picture.php

Thanks Alaska Snowcat!

pagosadave

I have just sent everything I had PB wise to RJ Blenis back east. Including a couple of 130 books. Retiring asap.

Thanks Dr. Zaugg. Congratulations on your retirement. I started to go through your 200+ postings this morning. I'm sure there is wealth of knowledge in there that I will eventually get to.

Does this mean you are retiring from this forum as well? :wink:

pagosadave

is the line hydraulic and run to one of the drive motors powering the track?

Ill look at it closer today. I broke down yesterday afternoon and will have to raise the cab today to pull the battery, get it charged and move the machine back to the barn to pull the alternator.

Thanks for replying.

Ok, since it started out at -32 today I thought I'd dig around and find the year of your PB 130D.

The 130D was made from 1984-1989 with a total of 481 being built including the prototype.

Yours is a 1985.

Attachments

• PB 130D.pdf
    240.4 KB · Views: 382

pagosadave

Ok, since it started out at -32 today I thought I'd dig around and find the year of your PB 130D.

The 130D was made from 1984-1989 with a total of 481 being built including the prototype.

Yours is a 1985.

SWEET! Thank you so much!!!

So I took your advice and called piston bully today in Grand Junction. Service guy started to be helpful but then explain to me that to make life easier for both of us I needed to set up an account with piston bully so that moving forward I can go online and look at diagrams for parts ordering etc. after a credit check and giving up references to other businesses that I have credit with hopefully they will OK me and allow me access to their portal where I can view all of the info on my snow cat online.

Im also wondering what some of these switches do. I have no manual to refer to and through trial an error I have figured out what some do.

picture.php

1. the toggle left of the stop button?
2. The 5th switch on the panel below the tach.
3. The far right switch below and to the right of the gas gauge. When flipped up, it lights up the bulb for what looks to be down pressure for the rear element. Am I right?

Also random questions about some other stuff in the cab.

1.On the passenger side next to the chair, there looks to be a jack mounted. What does that do?

2. There is also a valve under and to the right of the operators chair. Not the parking break but just behind that with a turn wheel. What does that do?

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated. I'm gonna go out today and tension the tracks. I'd love to hear back from anyone and am open to whatever guidance and or knowledge that could be shared.

I was going through my PB200D operators manual and it has a toggle switch like the one on the left hand side of your stop button that switches the starter from the Start button inside the cab to one under the cab mounted on the engine. I have another toggle switch mounted on the dash/defroster duct by my feet that switched the hydraulics to actuate a cylinder that disconnects the blade from the plow frame.

alryA

Funny they wired the more modern machines different. The old Pb150 I operated years ago had no power lift. The trail 400's we have here are of course larger. Following is the lift procedure.

Start engine. Flip the correct hydraulic lever behind the cab (there are two, one for the cab, other deck)

Flip lever that's shows up or down positions.

Then push button that allows pressured oil to the correct lift cylinder.

The cab (or deck) lifts and up goes your engine controls in it.

Now your engine is exposed and on top of it are two large switches. With wide tracks in the way, you can't reach them . So you grab a 2x2 and push the off button. The other button is start so keep that 2x2 handy....:smile:..

alryA

Here is a photo of the 150.

Attachments

• Wolverine's PB1602 II (DL).jpg
    Wolverine's PB1602 II (DL).jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 218