• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Excel Guru's

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I want to copy the name of the worksheet to a cell. Can this be done. It is within the same worksheet.

murph

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure, you can do that. Are you having a problem doing it?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah, I don't know how to do that and I also want to color the worksheet tab. I have 40 tabs at the bottom and I want to color them when finished with that tab.

murph

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Murph,
You could simply type the worksheet name into any cell you choose. Or you can highlight it and cut and paste it into a cell.
If you mean you want to rename the 'tab' itself, just hold your cursor over the tab and right click. Select rename and then type or paste the new name in.
I guess you could rename each tab with colored text once you were done with it ....but I don't know of another way to do that.
Hope this helps.

ps ....i'm not an excel guru by any means ....but I get by. :)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
When you right click on the sheet name, there's a "Tab color" option.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Brian,
That was news to me ...so I tried it but no luck. I'm running Excel 2000. I can Insert, Delete, Rename, Copy or Move, Select All & Show Code by right clicking the tab, but thats it. (The Show Code brings up a Visual Basic editing window.)

So Murph, note that different versions of excel will have tidbits hidden in different places. :(

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have Excel 2003 and don't find a color tab option by right clicking the sheet name?

murph

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Murph,

I e-mailed you a spreadsheet with the tab colors set as well as a Word document with a print screen of the options I have when I right click on the sheet name.

Take a look and let me know.

Brian