• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dumb IMP question.. Which Reverse?

jp11

I know both the transmission, and the Rear end have a reverse.

Which do you use.. and why?

Thanks.. just trying to learn.

JP

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When I park the machine where another user could drive it without my permission...... I leave the rear in reverse.

When I want to mess with a new operator that i am training I make sure they accidentally get into R range.

Beyond my juvenile antics.

I use the rear as ranges. and all the principle gear selecting up front.

Mostly also I guess because i have a bank of hydraulic valves that make the rear shifter a awkward situation at best.

jp11

I guess if nothing else...

the front transmission is cheap in comparison to the rear... so put it in a 'range' and leave it alone I guess.

I imagine most of my time grooming will be at a set speed.. so I'll just need to learn what works for each hill.

JP

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
there is a thread here about the Range selection and the gear combinations.

I can't remember but the rear trans has prefered ranges *for strength*, I think it was snow cat pat that posted the pros and cons of the different ranges. I rarely use fourth range unless the blade and drag are off.