• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Enough already

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
woke up to -29c with a -42c windchill. WTF, if it's not snowing it's freezing cold! Most snow and cold anyone has seen in 40-50 years. Send Gore up here, maybe the hot air coming out of him will warm things up.

Sounds like you had the same winter as me. It warmed up just long enough to dump a foot of snow on us every few weeks then send us right back into a deep freeze.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you had the same winter as me. It warmed up just long enough to dump a foot of snow on us every few weeks then send us right back into a deep freeze.
Yea, most likely the same. We get a lot of wind around here, so it one thing to have 20-30cm of snow dumped on you, but its another thing to get it with 70-90k of wind. A couple of weeks ago we had drifts of 15 feet. Farther up from me about 100k, they had winds averaging 140k with gusts to 160k. They had one drift across the highway of 30 foot. Crazy huh?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It was in the 70's here last week. On Sunday a storm rolled in. The temperature plummeted, thunder and lightening and freezing rain. We had 2" - 4" at the house which turned to sheet ice. East Texas was pretty much shut down. There was a 55 degree temperature change in a matter of hours.

My poor wife, bless her heart, went in to town late yesterday afternoon to stay at the local hotel. She's the election judge at the polls today. The hotel is a lot closer to the polling station than the house and she had to open it at 7 o'clock this morning. I don't know why, there isn't going to be anyone stupid enough to be there at 7 o'clock!!!!

Before I let her drive into town I made a recce run beforehand to check things out. Man, Texans have no idea how to drive when the weather gets bad. All the way from the house to the main road was just sheet ice, about 2 miles. The main road itself, about 4 miles in to town, wasn't too bad but you could tell that the idiots had been there by the number of cars abandoned off on the side of the road.

I think that I'll wait until this afternoon before going in to vote. It's supposed to get up to 40 and hopefully the ice will be gone.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, know what you mean. Around here we're hallucinating that we have more inches of snow, and wind chills in the
-15 to -20 degree range. Sure is nice to know that this is all imaginary and that human-caused global warming is proven
science. :whistling:

Possible Cause of Global Warming
Fire_Gore.jpg

"Science is a belief in the ignorance of experts"
Richard Feynman

Sky

I think that spring might be in sight for us soon...it was about 40 here today with sunny skies:)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We finally warmed up the past few days. Right now it's sitting at -3C. Calling for +4 tomorrow and monday. Couple more days of -3 then up to +7. I think our spring is finally deciding to show itself. Probably take a month or so to get rid of the snow though.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
75 degrees:w00t2: ???? I hope the woodpeckers pick a hole in the siding on or home:sad: !!!!!

We are now officially into the mud season . A solid week of rain has destroyed my road , Bad fuel at the gas station has killed my tractor , and the next 4 days calls for more rain followed my 7 -10" of wet wet snow .OH goody ...!!!! I'm so happy I could crap in my hand and rub it in my hair :sad:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a balmy +6 C weather this past weekend.

The wind is picking up now and we're in a major winter storm watch that's supposed to dump anywhere from 20-35+ cms of snow over the next day. It's windy as heck right now but no snow yet. This should be interesting. Half the people where I live can't drive on a sunny day let alone when its snowing.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We apparently avoided the majority of the snow from this storm so far but I was talking to my brother this morning who lives 3 hrs away. They got over two feet so far and its still coming down. All we got was a mixture of sleet, rain and a light dusting of snow. Took me ten minutes this morning to chip the ice off my vehicle to get to work.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ok. Enough already! Round 2 this week. Our city managed to avoid the majority of the snow on monday/tuesday that dropped over 2 feet of snow in some areas in less then 12 hours. We're in the middle of round 2 right now and this time the snow is hitting us full force. All the buses are cancelled for school but the schools themselves are open. So the little ones will be dropped off this morning. Then I have to venture out across the city to work. They may end up sending us home from work since with my job, it involves allot of driving around which isn't deemed safe in weather like this.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel for you...

I even recieved about 1" of snow over night. Winter is just hanging on in alot of places. I hope the sun comes out and melts yours away soon!! Two feet this late in the season is toooooo much.....

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I just looked at the forecast again. They upgraded the storm. Originally they were calling for 5-10 cms for today. Now its 15-20cms.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This was on Monday a few hours from where I live.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396632075251.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396632075251.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 135

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am so glad we warmed up a few degrees above freezing or yesterday's rain would have been a blizzard. Hope it is done for the year.:hammer:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hopefully that was the last of it. Calling for +9 celsius tomorrow. Plus temps all week.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
We had 10 cm yesterday. This is my forecast today.
Issued: 5:00 AM EDT Monday 7 April 2014
Winter storm watch in effect.
Today, 7 AprilA mix of sun and cloud. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40. High plus 2. UV index 5 or moderate.Tonight, 7 AprilA few clouds. Low minus 10.Tuesday, 8 AprilIncreasing cloudiness. Snow beginning in the morning. Amount possibly reaching 25 cm. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 increasing to 50 gusting to 80 early in the evening. High plus 1.Wednesday, 9 AprilShowers. Windy. Low zero. High plus 3.Thursday, 10 AprilA mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 12. High minus 1.Friday, 11 AprilCloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries or rain showers. Low minus 1. High plus 2.Saturday, 12 AprilSunny. Low minus 6. High zero.Sunday, 13 AprilSunny. Low minus 9. High zero.

Leni

:yum::yum::yum: It would be pretty miserable without air conditioning. We wouldn't even be able to go to the malls to cool off.

After the Northridge earthquake I saw a comment from a California girls boyfriend. He was obviously from someplace back east. He said that he used to laugh at her at bedtime because she always checked her flashlight and made sure that she had hard soled shoes by the bed. 'I don't laugh at her anymore.'

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm seriously getting tired of this $hit. We got another foot of heavy wet sloppy snow today. If I ever meet mother nature, I'm gonna slap her upside the head.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
You really, really do not want to piss mother nature off.*

We've given up trying to figure the weather out here. Sunday noon it was 82F; by 3:00 AM Monday it was 29 and snowing! :w00t2:
Cool but pleasant Tuesday through today (about 70) and frost warnings out for tonight, with snow possible. :hammer:

*[You must be a closet Dena Dietrich fan!]

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I think that the worst is behind us down here in East Texas. Last week was pretty as only spring in East Texas can be, 80 degrees and sunny. Then a cold front came through and dropped the morning temperature down to freezing for a couple of days but it has climbed back up to 80 degrees again. Today is gorgeous.

I did some volunteer work this morning and I'm fixin' to go do some stuff around the house this afternoon. You got to take advantage of the temps right now because summer will be along shortly and you know what that means in Texas.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on59#910089971517340860201404240503

6:54 PM EDT Thursday 24 April 2014
Snowfall warning in effect for:

City of Thunder Bay

Snowfall - early evening to late afternoon Friday.

An approaching low pressure system will bring a late season snowfall to areas near Lake Superior tonight and Friday.

Wet snow initially mixed with rain is moving into the district this evening. Precipitation is then expected to change to snow at times
heavy this evening and continue into Friday morning. Snow should taper off Friday afternoon. A total snowfall accumulation of 15 to
25 centimetres appears likely.

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep. I was in W. NY this week. Snowed hard all morning on Wednesday. :(