• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

4 Sale Bombi

Dick

1975 Bombi w/25" snowtracks Mercedes diesle 4 cyl auto needs TLC tracks are bad but all there $2500.00

HillbillyMusher

Bombi with a mercedes diesel? Although I want a bombi, dont know that much about their history. This must be a replacement engine is it, or is that stock? Would sure like to see some pics!

DynatracGuy

Bombi with a mercedes diesel? Although I want a bombi, dont know that much about their history. This must be a replacement engine is it, or is that stock? Would sure like to see some pics!
IIRC Bombie originally had a Ford 4 cylinder gas engine. As in a cheap car engine. A Mercedes diesel would be a real upgrade. Check compression, without good compression a diesel will never start in winter. Even then starting in winter would be iffy.

Dick

This is a replacement it had a 1.6 ford we put the motor out of a 240D in about 7 years ago . The snowmobile club ran it for the last 4 years the driver was a little bit of a cowboy. I have 2 2100s and going to pick another for the club next week

c3uo

Dick,

I am in New Brunswick and may be VERY interested. Please provide model and/or pictures and contact information to c3uo(at)hotmail(dot)com

Thanks!

Dick

pixie If you could post some pictures i would appreciate it. Thanks Dick If anyone wants to contact me 207-441-9182.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are a couple of pics posting for Dick

Attachments

• BRBombi10.jpg
    BRBombi10.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,036
  • BRBombi6.jpg
    BRBombi6.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,027
  • BRBombi5.jpg
    BRBombi5.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,025
  • BRBombi1.jpg
    BRBombi1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,019
  • BRBombi3.jpg
    BRBombi3.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,022
  • CIMG0220 (1).jpg
    CIMG0220 (1).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,006

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the thing looks a little rude goldberg but for the price what do you expect in the hands of some one with some fabrication skills that could nbe one cool rig

Dick

SOLD To redsqrl but he beat ne out of my can of starting fluid .lol I hope you havr good luck with it

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I let my son drive it off the trailer and through the snow into the barn the grin on his face was erily evil. This is my starter cat. I am going to go the rest of a mercedes front end to complete What you started with the Grill.

Every fuel stop was some random stranger inquiring about it and where did I get it and what not. Thanks for meeting me half way.

Mike Photos to follow.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well no photos yet, but a little update on the project status.

Some of the little things are combed out. GLow plugs swapped. vacumm curcuit to the fuel distributor is tied into the ignition key. Going through the Boggie/wheels currently, making the tooling to press the hard rubber tires on.

mike

Lia

Banned
I let my son drive it off the trailer and through the snow into the barn the grin on his face was erily evil. This is my starter cat. I am going to go the rest of a mercedes front end to complete What you started with the Grill.

Every fuel stop was some random stranger inquiring about it and where did I get it and what not. Thanks for meeting me half way.

Mike Photos to follow.

lol at the fuel stop comment, I get the same thing with one of my Dogs, a Toy Poodle. But seriously, cant wait to see it go thro the various stages of renovation, thats if you will be showing them here?

Awesome!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was wondering about that? if it would be better to start a new thread in the "Non-Stock Snowcat Modifications" part of the forum.

I feel It has moved past the classified phase....

Mike