• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Got a mean dog, send it here

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
This was on Inside Edition tonight. Kind of interesting how he can take a mean dog and tame it. But I really wonder if them dogs could go out to a home or not or are they just content around him.

Steve Markwell

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I do not know if getting bit once a month is worth the lives of 62 dogs. I get bit each day by my pup while playing, she has not broken the skin but it can still be painful.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This was on Inside Edition tonight. Kind of interesting how he can take a mean dog and tame it. But I really wonder if them dogs could go out to a home or not or are they just content around him.

Steve Markwell

Depends on the dog really, but I believe that you can't teach an old dog new tricks, except for teaching an older dog to housebreak.
Once a dog has shown any signs of aggression, I wouldn't trust it- (no matter how much it was cuddled and trained)... especially around children.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with you PG and one reason I've haven't had a large dog in the last few years. I had a few dobs one of which I killed on the spot when he went for one of my kids. I had a couple of females after that with no problems followed by a miniature pincher then black lab that was just the gentlest animal I've ever owned. I also got a Jack Russel when the lab was about a year old and he was also a great little dog. Both died at about 18 years old. Now I have a mix of Jack Russel/Basset hound. He has been a good dog too though we have only had him about 3 years now. I have never had a tolerance for mean dogs ever. Dogs are great for giving a warning but lousy protection even a the larger bad ass breads. A 150 lb man can kill a any dog with his bare hands if he simply goes for it. They do attack with all their vital organs (head) first.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My dogs are all good for one thing. A timely warning to chamber a round and get out there and protect them! The black shepherd does scare the hell out of the Amish for some reason when the truth is the little Jack Russel will bite quicker than any of them.