• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

track jacks

nikadog

1959 Thiokol 4VL
Site Supporter
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a track jack or other tool to make repairs on the tracks. A tool to bring the two ends together to splice it. I saw one in a photo taken for the "get it home kit" on safety one's web site. They wanted $550.00 for the kit. They don't sell it separately.

Phil705

I'll send you a picture of a home-made job that came with my Tucker. Should be posted tomorrow. It works!

Phil Millam
Winthrop WA

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
A come-a-long works really well and is a lot cheaper, besides they can help pull you out of a hole too... They make a rope-a-long that is pretty nice and you can have a longer rope for othe options.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I think SnoOps may have set him up with one of the many track jacks he got out of his CDF rig.

Phil705

Pics of home-made track jacks

Here are some shots of the track jack that came with my Tucker. It was made by Roy Meyer of Mazama Washington. He welded a 1/2 inch socket at the end of the screw, and it works with a standard socket wrench.

Attachments

• IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 321

nikadog

1959 Thiokol 4VL
Site Supporter
Yes, I got sno ops last message. He is going to send a picture of the track jackto me. Nice pics Phil, that is exactly what I'm looking for. Sno ops might be able to hook me up with one. I was also looking a farm hi lift jack to. I was going to turn it side ways and make a couple of clamps to bolt to the hilift jack. Thanks guys.