• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Does anyone else get tired of summer???

Angelface

This may be a stupid thread. But by the end of August, I'm very ready for the summer to be over. Minus driving in snow, I love fall/winter. The feeling of a warm bed, wearing my favorite sweaters, hot chocolate, building snowmen with the kids, not as much yard work or bugs, exhausted from the constant hot days that last month's here... Idk, I like the ability to make myself warmer in winter wherever I go, but with heat, it's harder to feel comfortable outside....

Don't get me wrong, I love spring and the early part of summer.. but by this point, I'm over it and ready for fall.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You can dress for the cold... you can't undress enough for the heat. ;)

I don't care for temps over 80° much, especially when trying to work outside. Starting today, our weather has gotten much cooler. It was 85+ yesterday but from today forward, our forecast is showing mid-70's.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
This may be a stupid thread. But by the end of August, I'm very ready for the summer to be over. Minus driving in snow, I love fall/winter. The feeling of a warm bed, wearing my favorite sweaters, hot chocolate, building snowmen with the kids, not as much yard work or bugs, exhausted from the constant hot days that last month's here... Idk, I like the ability to make myself warmer in winter wherever I go, but with heat, it's harder to feel comfortable outside....

Don't get me wrong, I love spring and the early part of summer.. but by this point, I'm over it and ready for fall.

I live in Phoenix Arizona, so yes I think everyone here is SICK of it. They are predicting 111 for Sunday.

snowstorm

GOLD Site Supporter
I've had enough of summer. I tend to long for fall where the air is cool yet the sun is warm. Bird hunting. Deer hunting. The smell of the wood stove . Yup anytime now !

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I love fall. Winds are good for sailing and my gardens finally look nice. Fewer bugs to bug me when I'm weeding. And weeds aren't as aggressive.
Most of all, getting home in the afternoon, there is no lingering oppressive heat chasing everybody, but me, inside.

Patio Fires are not the same when you are alone.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love summer, spring and fall. I put up with winter. I like the change of seasons but I never ever ever get tired of summer in Ohio.
We see a lot of FL, Texas and Bama plates up north during the summer. If I was down there I"d probably head north also. To hot and to humid.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would think that you guys that were into snowmobiles would like the winter a lot.
I'm sure our snowcat'ers are into winter and love it.
I'm not one of them. Melensdad got the snowcat area here on FF started up and running.