• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Not Santa's Sleigh !

J5 Bombardier

We decided to give our new sleigh a shakedown test ,all went well, could have used some more snow on the trails.
J5 Bombardier:hammer:

Attachments

• Muskeg and trailer jan 2016 004.jpg
    Muskeg and trailer jan 2016 004.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 573

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice haul.

But I would have preferred it full of presents instead of firewood.

J5 Bombardier

Thanks, I was the stay at home photographer when they got back. I'm going to enjoy burning the black cherry on this load, because a week ago this tree took me and my saw for a ride , ending with 250 bucks of parts for my new saw and a fractured L1 vertebrae for myself !
J5 Bombardier ::hammer:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice sleigh.
Glad you are in good spirits.

make sure to show the remaining trouble makes the ashes to remind then of what happened to the last tree that refused to be nice. Could have been a beautiful piece of furniture but now the trouble maker is gone.

did the tree hang up?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, I was the stay at home photographer when they got back. I'm going to enjoy burning the black cherry on this load, because a week ago this tree took me and my saw for a ride , ending with 250 bucks of parts for my new saw and a fractured L1 vertebrae for myself !
J5 Bombardier ::hammer:

DAMN

Be careful out there. :hammer:

I have a fairly small property but was working far enough from the house once that my wife couldn't hear when I got into trouble. Got knocked off my tractor by a branch that fell. Nothing broken but I took a good hit and then hit the ground hard too. Made it up to the house after getting my breath and regaining my senses. Wife got me to the emergency room to get me checked out. Lots of blood but no serious injury.

Hope you are feeling better.

What are they doing for the fracture? Cast? Wrap & tape? Rest?

J5 Bombardier

Thanks everyone , Let's just say , a lapse of concentration on my part and I should have zigged instead of zagging ! Either way ,still kicking with a nice backbrace , all is good when you can put your own pants on in the morning !
As for the trailer, its heavy , all of it is scrap steel that I had, only the ski's are new stock.
Regards. J5 Bombardier:biggrin:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry to hear you are injured ! Hope you heal up quick.

Nice sled. Going to build a dump mechanism ? :)

J5 Bombardier

Thanks Pixie
The sleigh will stay as is, the ski's are quickly removable, could build a set of tracks for it , unloading with clam works good . If I ever build another, I would copy my Bombardier trailer, light but able to take some pretty heavy loads of wood .
Regards J5 Bombardier:hammer:

J5 Bombardier

Wood season has started for 2017, must admit the first day went pretty well . Its been a year since I lost a fight with a black cherry tree, so today it was maples only, and they cooperated nicely !

Attachments

• 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 379

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We got red alder which like to lean and also likes to barber chair. More than one logger I knew got killed by them. I likes the Doug Fir.

J5 Bombardier

Not Santa's Sleigh is losing it's skis, they have been recycled into ramps . My attempt at skis were a failure, so some old muskeg walking beams were converted into tracks much the same as the bombardier trailers. The tracks are now installed on the the parked trailer and the skis / ramps have found a new use.

Attachments

• sept 2018 067 - Copy.jpg
    sept 2018 067 - Copy.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 256
  • sept  2018 #2 050 - Copy.jpg
    sept 2018 #2 050 - Copy.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 253

J5 Bombardier

Finally got it right, just have to build risers at the tracks when hauling 42 in fire wood . Right now it works great hauling logs.
J5 Bombardier :hammer:

Attachments

• october 2018 126 - Copy (2).jpg
    october 2018 126 - Copy (2).jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 185