• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We had ham, a mashed potato, corn and cheese dish with the crispy fried onions- green beans almondine, pasta salad, deviled eggs and rabbit head dinner rolls.
Carrot cupcakes and lemon layer cake for dessert.

My niece is a very good cook and hostess!

Leni

We had ham, mac and cheese, and Swiss chard from the garden that had a touch of balsamic vinegar instead of butter. Dessert is a chocolate pie with fresh strawberries.

Umberto

It's not the best picture from the iPhone but it tasted good. I did a ham, egg, crimini mushroom and onion scramble with Heinz beans (UK). I jazzed it all up with Piri Piri and H.P.

FullSizeRender%202_6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Umberto

.....and you pick on me for making too much cole slaw. :yum:

Is there such a thing as too much coleslaw?

This evening I made a chicken noodle soup using free range broth, free range chicken breast and tagliatelle nests; bay leaf, savory, sage, basil, and parsley were the herbs.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Red Lobstahh.
I had a gift card that a friend had sent me for my birthday.

I got the 4 course feast, soup was the clam chowder - a side salad- shrimp and scallops Alfredo with tomatoes... asparagus (which I substituted for the 4th course/dessert).
... and of course, those awesome cheddar bay biscuits.
mmmmmmmmmm!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Is there such a thing as too much coleslaw?

This evening I made a chicken noodle soup using free range broth, free range chicken breast and tagliatelle nests; bay leaf, savory, sage, basil, and parsley were the herbs.

Not when it is good and that recipe is damn good. Everyone loved it on Sunday.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Not when it is good and that recipe is damn good. Everyone loved it on Sunday.
DW is pleased that you enjoyed her Mom's recipe. It's on the frequent flier list here, especially with pork roast & pulled pork sandwiches.

Easter was a food fest with more family favorites than I want to think about. I started the day with a 7-mile bike ride to burn some calories before the eating began. I didn't overeat, but it seemed like I was eating all day long as we moved from house to house, encountering different foods at each one. Glad to be back to my normal food schedule. We left home at 9am and got back home at 8:30pm.

Me & DW took the day off and cleaned up the flower beds this morning, filling 4 garbage cans with yard waste packed tight. Had spaghetti & turkey meatballs for dinner, then did a 5K walk after the dishes were done. the rains are headed our way for the rest of the week, so not sure if we'll get our daily walks in.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
DW is pleased that you enjoyed her Mom's recipe. It's on the frequent flier list here, especially with pork roast & pulled pork sandwiches.

Easter was a food fest with more family favorites than I want to think about. I started the day with a 7-mile bike ride to burn some calories before the eating began. I didn't overeat, but it seemed like I was eating all day long as we moved from house to house, encountering different foods at each one. Glad to be back to my normal food schedule. We left home at 9am and got back home at 8:30pm.

Me & DW took the day off and cleaned up the flower beds this morning, filling 4 garbage cans with yard waste packed tight. Had spaghetti & turkey meatballs for dinner, then did a 5K walk after the dishes were done. the rains are headed our way for the rest of the week, so not sure if we'll get our daily walks in.

Yup, it was well devoured and a lot of it went home with the guests in small plastic containers. A few even asked for the recipe, so it is gaining notoriety up here north of the woodchucks. :smile:

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Last night I roasted a standing rib roast using cherry, alder, and mesquite for smoke and it was excellent. I wet aged it for 3 weeks, froze it after Christmas, then thawed it for 4 days in the garage - I have a cold garage. I told my butcher how I age rib roast and all he could do is shake his head.:mellow:

The sides were goat cheese potatoes, a Costco mixed veg salad, and rhubarb/strawberry pie, key lime pie, and Tillamook vanilla ice-cream.

FullSizeRender%202_5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

FullSizeRender%206.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

FullSizeRender%203_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
What do you mean (wet aged?) Did you soak it? Looks gooood btw.

Umberto

Thanks, the meat was excellent and have some left I will make into hash tonight - I got some Hempler's bacon ends that are almost all smoked meat to go with it.:wink:

That is a good question on the wet age. This is a nice web site and will answer your question. When it's really cold, I just leave the roast in the garage. It's too warm now so defrosted it in the refrigerator.

http://www.debragga.com/wet_dry.asp

Bon Appétit

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Broccoli-Cauliflower casserole with grilled chicken. Mmmmm...
Made up a batch of homemade granola and waiting for it to cool.
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Leni

Ham, home made potato salad, sweet potato fries and peas with chocolate mint. Dessert was pecan tussies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I decided to call my favourite place, Hickory Pit and got the smoked pulled pork sub with sauce on, tater chippies and sweet and sour coleslaw.
I put some of the slaw on it.

Umberto

I want to pull a butt this weekend. Looks good!

Tonight I heated up some store made marinara and wild mushroom ravioli and it was quite good.

FullSizeRender%204_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Umberto

Luckily there is no leftovers and have been trying to fix just enough for dinner, it's work when I was used to cooking for a large family.

Last night I went to a road house for fish and chips; the beer was a Hoppy Bitch. The chowder was a nice touch and very good, not like any I've had and with a hint of smoke (not liquid smoke). I like the IPA's.

FullSizeRender%203_2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Umberto

Last night I smoke cooked some chinook salmon on the old Weber. I used green plum for the smoke. I ate the piece on the left and the rest will go into salmon patties for tonight. I never did a pic of the plate.

FullSizeRender%203_3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Umberto

Tonight was a spring salade with homemade basalmic vinaigrette and smoke cooked spring salmon made into salmon patties topped with my special sauce.

FullSizeRender%205_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I like a lot of sauce.

FullSizeRender%203_4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I baked some chicken thighs, then brushed them with bbq sauce.
Cottage cheese and cucumber salad on the side.
Leftovers for tomorrow.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Made stir fry pork with fried rice for dinner, then another batch of granola. Pretty tasty homemade snack. Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php

Umberto

Last night my son cooked for 16 family and friends - he made pasta from scratch; did a dry age boneless rib roast in the toaster oven that was fantastic, there was huge veg and cheese plate; romaine, watercress, French black olives, and garlic chive salade with a mustard vinaigrette, and pretzel rolls form the German bakery, and lots of Irish butter. The pasta had wild morels and king trumpet mushroom. For dessert there was strawberry short cake with with home made biscuits and real whipped cream. It was all excellent.

Pasta%20and%20Meat.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Made a batch of whole wheat sandwich thins topped with rolled oats. Dinner was turkey sausage with onions, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower and red, yellow & orange peppers.

Attachments

• Dinner 041615.jpg
    Dinner 041615.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Dinner 041615-1.jpg
    Dinner 041615-1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 275

Umberto

Looks health JEV.

We had a late lunch at The Lobster House. I had a dungeness crab Louie and Lobster bisque which was excellent.

Here is last night's peppardelle.

FullSizeRender%205_3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Made a big pot of spaghetti sauce yesterday with wine and parsley sausage. I'll have to freeze some of the sauce. Had a side salad and garlic toast.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Chicken, rice, black bean and Garden Veggies Skillet, along with Mama's fabulous salad. And there's enough left for tomorrow's dinner.

Attachments

• Dinner 042015.jpg
    Dinner 042015.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Dinner 042015-1.jpg
    Dinner 042015-1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 232

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a walking Fritos taco for lunch, then made a big shrimp and lettuce salad with homemade Marie Rose sauce for dinner.
Guess you could say it was a giant shrimp cocktail, of sorts.

Umberto

Last night I made a veg frittata using a recipe from weight watchers and it was pretty good. The next time I'll put in some bacon.

Tonight it's leftovers - sloppy joes, frittata, and a salade.

IMG_0967.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night I made a veg frittata using a recipe from weight watchers and it was pretty good. The next time I'll put in some bacon.

Tonight it's leftovers - sloppy joes, frittata, and a salade.

Nice! I make these frittatas with whatever is in the veggie drawer. When it's done, I like to top it off with mild salsa or hot sauce like this one. Mmmmmmm....

Almost forgot. Dinner tonight was the leftovers casserole from yesterday with another great salad with more crap than a Christmas turkey. :yum:

Attachments

• veggies for omelet 122114.jpg
    veggies for omelet 122114.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Western Omolet 021115.jpg
    Western Omolet 021115.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 111

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'll get pub grub & try & find my blake, as well. he was here, tho may have a shift tonite. he promises me my piercing. we'll see. or not. gonna ring bartender to see if she is making noms. i hafta take another a food to test, anyhow.