• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Windows 10 who's in??

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
JPR - I don't knwo if this will help you or not. I just got off a support call with a customer with a similar problem (Printing .PDF's). Adobe is now delivering Acrobat DC and that is what she had. I roller her back to Acrobat 11.0 (XI) and she is good to go. You have to hunt around for the link though. I can ship it to you (Email) if you like.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
BTW - I'm Lov'in it.

My bootup is no slower than 8.1 was. I do not understand how / why it takes 4 to 5 minutes to boot up with an eight core CPU and 16 GB or Ram. Next, I'm a gonna get nice big fast SSD.

Leni

I took my desktop to Best Buy and had them go through it. I did have some problems which they cleaned up. I also had them install 10 for me. I had some difficulties so I went back and we worked together on the system. It is working perfectly now and it is a huge improvement over 8.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Been doing this for a while now. I like it, but my pc seems to be too sensitive to my inputs. Like if I hit the back button, it'll jump back two or more pages sometimes.
I have never had that issue before, but this is a new pc with a new operating system?

Leni

Things like that happened too me at first but then they resolved themselves in a few days. It was as if the new program was learning.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm having a blank screen issue on my ASUS laptop, upgraded to Win 10 a month or so ago. Like Fred mentioned all input buttons have been extremely sensitive since the upgrade but now my laptop will not come out of sleep mode ....blank screen. Thought it was an ASUS problem but searching I'm seeing some with Win 10 experiencing the same thing.
http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/10457-fix-windows-10-booting-black-screen.html
so far the fixes posted in the link do not work for me so I'm not sure if I have a hardware Asus issue or a Win 10 issue.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a user complaint yesterday about Windows 7 being overly sensitive when using a mouse. Changing settings in the control panel fixed that.

I haven't seen the sleep issue, but, then sleep and turning off the hard drive are the first things to go when I install anything.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Haven't had any problems with my Windows 10 yet other than I haven't been able to print anything since installing it.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Bimp.

I've now had W10 running on my work laptop, home laptop and tablet for over 3 months now and it seems Microsoft has worked out most of the bugs. All machines run smoothly and the OS is relatively easy to navigate. One nice feature is you can restore your machine to factory new without loosing data. You will, however, lose all the apps you installed on the machine as well as emails in Live Mail. :unsure:

W10 doesn't like older hardware so it helps to remove older technology, like my 9 year old printer connected via a 5 year old wireless USB print server. My new wireless printer was cheaper than the one I bought in '07 and it's a better machine, and it connected wirelessly without issue.

I'll give W10 a 9 out of 10.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I keep saying that I will put it on my other laptop.
I have an Acer that I rarely use. I put it on that but revert to Window 7.
If they would ditch that Cortana and put back the Media Center I would like it more.
Maybe I am paranoid but it seems like this laptop runs poorly because I refuse to install Windows 10.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
7 is solid. I would be fine with all my machines on 7 but with that said, I've purchased new machines for the business and both had 10 installed. One of those are a touch screen laptop/tablet that I've been familiarizing myself with 10. Other than a few small quirks that I've worked out it's doing fine.

I have/had 2 travel laptops with 7 on it, just yesterday one forced an upgrade after I left it on in my hotel room so I rolled with it ........... all uneventful. So now I come home and try to make it a clean sweep and upgrade the last one. It won't go, I obviously have to wait until it's "released" for the free upgrade .................. Sheesh!