• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Home Security System

Kane

Simply Safe advertises on a number of the conservative talk shows, so if Glenn and Rush say they're OK, they must be OK. OK? As in anything, tho, if the product is OK, it's a matter of the installation. And if I'm not mistaken, the installation of a wireless Simply Safe system is left to DIY.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The only experience I have with a home security company is one that is local to us. So outside of the Central Ohio area is probably not in their service area. I'm real pleased with them though.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks good. Combine that with Dropcam video monitoring and it would be a nice complete package. :biggrin:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't had any experience with a security system since I left Dallas almost 20-years ago. I think that they've advanced a little as far as technology goes since then. These days my security system consists of two dogs and an assortment of firearms.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't had any experience with a security system since I left Dallas almost 20-years ago. I think that they've advanced a little as far as technology goes since then. These days my security system consists of two dogs and an assortment of firearms.

We had one of the "national leaders" in home security 20-something years ago, and didn't much like the service. Now
our system consists of three handguns, three rifles, two shotguns, and three people who know how and when. Oh, and
I posted copies of a couple of ten-yard targets on our three entry doors with a notation of the date and range, and a
further note that every possible shot in the house is less than that range. Looks a little tacky, but they've even discouraged
a few wandering evangelicals!