• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cell phone plans

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have AT&T Go, which is their prepaid service. $42.00 a month for unlimited talk and text and 2GB of high speed data with roll over of unused data to the next month. If you use all that up, data then gets throttled back to a slower speed for the remainder of the month. Very satisfied with the service so far.

Thanks TR. I decided to start a new thread on cell phone plans to make this easier to find down the road.

I found that I can still use the same AT&T network I"m already using but pay a lot less, with no contract. Cricket Wireless https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans is the cheapest I've seen so far for At&T. It's a month to month contract. Unlimited talk and text with 2.5gb for $40 per month or $35 per month with auto pay. If you sign up a 2nd line you get a $10 discount. Each line would get 2.5 gb per month. They do not roll over data, but they do throttle you back if you go over the 2.5. Do not know what the charge is if you go over 2.5, but currently neither my wife or I go over 1.5 per month. So a good fit for us, I might move to this plan if I stay with At&T.

There are a lot of similar plans to cricket wireless, mostly useing AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile networks. The only one I found for Verizon is Page Plus. It does not encourage you to BYOD (Bring your own Device), or they say all phone functions might not work. So I guess you have to buy the phone from them, or they do not support your service. Most of the phones they offer are common to Verizon so I do not understand what the difference might be to make some functions not work.

Here is a link to where I got a lot of my info on this. Will post more as I find more.

http://www.computerworld.com/articl...ns-your-guide-to-17-no-contract-carriers.html

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It doesn't sound like your interested in Verizon but tossing this out for others that may be reading this thread.

I have Verizon and as part of the plan, they give you a new phone every 2 years. If you opt to not get the new phone after that 2 years, on a month-to-month basis until you do get the new phone, they take $25 off your bill for that device. My plan is $40 so with the $25 discount, my phone costs me $15 per month.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am interested in Verizon. Their coverage reaches my house and boat dock. AT&T only reaches my house. slim to nothing at the boat dock. So I am looking for a good deal with a Verizon carrier, but so far had yet to find one. I do have AT&T phones so if I go Verizon I have to replace the phones. I will check my Verizon office and see if they offer a similar plan. That sounds awesome. $40 a month plus a free phone every two years. :thumb: