• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tonight is the sports banquet for the high school fencing team where I was coaching.

I expect to be carried in on the shoulders of the students, laid on a chaise lounge and fed grapes for turning their saber squad into the medal winning squad of the team and bringing home 50+% of all the individual and team awards . . .

Oh wait, I actually expect to pay $10 at the door for all the crappy pizza that I can eat (I am lactose intolerant so that is not a lot), listen to some boring talks, deal with parents and then drive home in a (predicated) snow storm that should be starting to get heavy about the time I arrive there and should make the roads pretty ugly by the time I leave.

Actually it should be OK. I'm not a big fan of going to these things. I skipped most of the Marian Catholic awards nights. This is the first time for the HF award night, but I actually have some expensive scoring equipment that I'll be selling to another coach from another school, he is also coming tonight. Our club is upgrading to fancier/more functional scoring equipment so we are selling off our older/basic equipment. So he and I will meet and do our transaction, and eat crappy pizza together. I do know some of the parents, and the parents I know are all very nice people. So it should be a tolerable night, but I wouldn't expect to leave there and say "I had fun" at the event. It is just not the type of event that I enjoy.

Oh, and it looks like rifle #2 has just sold to another guy in my shooting group. Actual transaction will take place this weekend, but we agreed on the sale.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I'm dreading this predicted snow storm too.
One weather channel says up to 5 inches, Toledo is saying possibly 8.
Oh well.
I've got my new work schedule.
Yes! I think I'll be happier.

In other news, our forum member Ironman was on vacation in Florida and became short of breath.
They found a huge blood clot in his lungs, so he's all tubed up getting it taken care of at a hospital in WI.
I told him he's one lucky man.

That's about it.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are hearing between 3" and 12" depending upon which talking weather head is spreading lies on the boobtube.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Last week I suffered several injuries in a fall and later an auto accident.

Bruised my thorax and most of my right side. Whilst licking those wounds I contracted a flu virus. Worst I have ever endured since the Hong Kong flu back in '68.

103 F fever. Everything hurts. Can't sleep for more than five minutes.

It got so bad Monday I had to go on oxygen.

I'm betting I will not be out to work for the week.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the update on ironman. PG

Dang, that sucks. Feel better soon franc

Headed out this morning to tackle putting the metal flashing on the house that came down the other night in a wind storm. No wonder it came down. Only 2 small head screws holding on each piece.

Foot care nurse is coming soon to take care of my feet. Still feel like crap but not letting it slow me down.
86b2feff893051b8f277b47ec84b089c.jpg
d789cdf945f24e38f43a70f1d5796ef8.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Darn, we're going to have to get an emergency room for all the forum members so we can hang out and commiserate. We all seem to be banged up and sick at the moment. .

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Darn, we're going to have to get an emergency room for all the forum members so we can hang out and commiserate. We all seem to be banged up and sick at the moment. .

I had no idea being a member of FF could be so unhealthy! :bolt:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, back from the field and paper work caught up I think I will irritate the shop help today by working on my security door for the work cabin.:boxing:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I neglected to mention that as it's pancake Tuesday, I just spent the last 2 hours cooking pancakes at the church for around 150 people with our mens group. We had 3 grills going. Several guys serving. 3 of us cooking. 2 people preparing the plates. Busy

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I neglected to mention that as it's pancake Tuesday, I just spent the last 2 hours cooking pancakes at the church for around 150 people with our mens group. We had 3 grills going. Several guys serving. 3 of us cooking. 2 people preparing the plates. Busy

Man, I haven't done anything like that for a long time. It's one of those things where you miss doing it and then again you don't miss doing it. It was a lot of work but it was also a lot of fun.

These days, I love IHOP.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. It is a lot of work. But it's good practice for the annual fish fry we host every year on good Friday. For that one, we sell 200 tickets. 2 seatings. All hands on deck for it. Fresh fish and fries. We have a whole industrial kitchen with deep fryers going set up outside with guys running trays of fish and fries in from outside to ve served. A lot of work but fun. All the profits are donated to a local charity.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Last week I suffered several injuries in a fall and later an auto accident.

Bruised my thorax and most of my right side. Whilst licking those wounds I contracted a flu virus. Worst I have ever endured since the Hong Kong flu back in '68.

103 F fever. Everything hurts. Can't sleep for more than five minutes.

It got so bad Monday I had to go on oxygen.

I'm betting I will not be out to work for the week.
Oh my!
Feel better Francis!:heart1:

Well, I'm off today.
So far the snow hasn't piled up, but the largest part is supposed to happen today.
Right now there is maybe 1/2 inch on the ground.
I'm not going anywhere or doing anything today.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, I spent a couple more hours today on the work cabin security door. The frame is all welded up, I put a center bar and flat bars vertically for strength, when the cover sheet is welded on it will be welded to the flat bar also so there is no way to chop a hole with an Ax and gain entry. Also the hinges are fabricated with a 9/16" pin and the lock hasp are stainless with a cover over it to prevent cutting the lock. The cover is 16Ga. galvanized sheet. When done it will weigh around 50# and the frame will be thru bolted on the walls. If you get in you earned it. The cabin will be covered in the natural stone laying everywhere, it is grey in color so the door will be painted light gray, after its installed I will insulate and add wood to the inside. 1 more go should finish it. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpg
    IMG_0639.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 92

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Back to work today!
Hopefully our resident northernredneck is getting his surgery..:smile:

Our gal who takes care of the grounds has been out flying up and down the driveways with the snow plow.
I swear she loves driving that thing and probably prays for snow.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Back to work today and feeling the effects of a five day flu. My back hurts from lying in bed for those five days.

Took me over two hours to clear my E-mails and answer all the question about running jobs. Cathy is out sick and my son took off for Connecticut. So it's on me today.

I'm not up for it.

But I am up today. Bathroom scale finally gave up it's hatred of me, and offered good news. I lost ten pounds whilst just lying in bed. Better that Jenny Craig!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, the flu that's been going around this season has been particularly rough.
I'm happy that you seem to be on the road to recovery.

So the nurse in charge of schedules has just asked that I come in at 6p-2a.
No problem.
Beyond that no.
I do definitely start my 12s on the 9th, 3 days per week.
Those days are spaced to make it manageable.

My sonny boy has postponed the New York adventure until April, so two friends and possibly my granddaughter can go too.
I was happy to hear that!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I did not go back to work today. :th_lmao: I see lots of line crews heading out due to this storm we are having and I am NOT one of them.

Windy, freezing rain and snow today so I am warm and comfy and dry and getting ready to make another cup of coffee and take a nap this afternoon.

OH, oh, the dog beat me to the couch. This could be trouble. :hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, the flu that's been going around this season has been particularly rough.
I'm happy that you seem to be on the road to recovery.

So the nurse in charge of schedules has just asked that I come in at 6p-2a.
No problem.
Beyond that no.
I do definitely start my 12s on the 9th, 3 days per week.
Those days are spaced to make it manageable.

My sonny boy has postponed the New York adventure until April, so two friends and possibly my granddaughter can go too.
I was happy to hear that!

Thanks Lollie. At my age, I'm supposed to be on the downhill side of life. So, why does the grade ahead always appear to go up?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to see you on the mend and back at it. Take it easy.

I've been on the go since the kids left this morning. I made a run to the border to pick up packages. Then stopped in the city for new winter boots as mine blew a zipper yesterday. Then took care of some registration issues I ran into with my sons car.

I'm bringing it for a safety tomorrow but needed temporary plates. In order to get those, I had to get it appraised at a garage in order to register it as it's older than 20 years old. New one on me. But it's done. Plates are on with a temporary sticker so I can drive it. So I took it for a test run to the next town 10 miles away. Steering needs to be set at the garage tomorrow but I was pretty close when installing the new tie rods last week. It'll be a good solid little car for him with low mileage for the year that'll last him a few years without any issues.

It last had a safety only 4000kms ago. New brakes. Calipers. Rotors. New tie rods. New rear struts. Everything else looks good.

1dbe3cb6ca0dd901f0c4fea22e7700d6.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Working on the security door didn't pan out after I ran out of wire so I switched gears. About 2 weeks ago I picked up another antique Winchester this one is a 1892 made in 1894 chambered in 32-40. the loading dies showed up so I casted up 50 bullets the other day so today I primed the cases and started loading. I got 30 done and will finish the other 20 tomorrow as this weekend I am going to shoot them up. The 32-40 was the 30-30 before there was 30-30 its an intermediate black powder round with 40 grains of 3f and a 165 grain 32 cal. bullet with a long tapered case a little longer than 30-30. should go around 1500 fps. back in the day it was used for anything up to and including deer.

Attachments

• IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 70

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent most of the day, from 9am, at the cardiologist for my annual. It was tests all morning, break for lunch and back in the afternoon to see the doctor himself. The good news is that he said my heart and the rest of the pipework is in great shape. It's a pity that the rest of my body is falling apart around my heart.

On the way home we stopped and early voted. Got that done.

Spending most of tomorrow holding a sign and waving at people hoping that they will vote for our candidates. Doing it again on Tuesday.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to see you on the mend and back at it. Take it easy.

I've been on the go since the kids left this morning. I made a run to the border to pick up packages. Then stopped in the city for new winter boots as mine blew a zipper yesterday. Then took care of some registration issues I ran into with my sons car.

I'm bringing it for a safety tomorrow but needed temporary plates. In order to get those, I had to get it appraised at a garage in order to register it as it's older than 20 years old. New one on me. But it's done. Plates are on with a temporary sticker so I can drive it. So I took it for a test run to the next town 10 miles away. Steering needs to be set at the garage tomorrow but I was pretty close when installing the new tie rods last week. It'll be a good solid little car for him with low mileage for the year that'll last him a few years without any issues.

It last had a safety only 4000kms ago. New brakes. Calipers. Rotors. New tie rods. New rear struts. Everything else looks good.

1dbe3cb6ca0dd901f0c4fea22e7700d6.jpg

Those were pretty good cars in their day. Especially if Canadian built. Looks like you got a good one.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Feeling like I've been hit by a truck.
Got home after 2am this morning and slept until 6.
There was a time when I could do it all easily on 4 hours.
Not anymore.
Then again, I am going to turn 60 next month.
:shiner: :yum:

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy Lollie,
sure wish I could turn 60 next month!!!! These 80s are sure getting droopy!!!! Hang in there gal, you will make it!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Dropped the car off for safety. Did the gym. Home to finish packing. My youngest son and I are going on a 2 night winter camp with the scouts. We'll be in a big log cabin. Snowshoeing and ice fishing tomorrow along with building winter survival shelters the kids have the option of sleeping in tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.