• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gunman kills 8 students; student shoots gunman in head twice

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is just sick. They are celebrating in the streets because a gunman killed 8 students studying to become Rabbis!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080307...stinians_22;_ylt=Aks5EaihJ2T4hL1c7oHvA_4E1vAI

Gunman kills 8 at Jerusalem seminary
By ARON HELLER and STEVEN GUTKIN, Associated Press Writer
6 minutes ago
JERUSALEM - A gunman entered the library of a rabbinical seminary and opened fire on a crowded nighttime study session Thursday, killing eight people and wounding nine before he was slain, police and rescue workers said. It was the first major militant attack in Jerusalem in more than four years.
Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip praised the operation in a statement, and thousands of Palestinians took to the streets of Gaza to celebrate.
Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev and moderate Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas condemned the shooting. But Regev said the Palestinian government must take steps against the extremists — not just denounce their attacks.

"Tonight's massacre in Jerusalem is a defining moment," he told The Associated Press. "It is clear that those people celebrating this bloodshed have shown themselves to be not only the enemies of Israel but of all of humanity."

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who only on Wednesday persuaded Abbas to return to peace talks with Israel, called the attack an "act of terror and depravity."

Israeli defense officials said the attacker came from east Jerusalem, the predominantly Palestinian section of the city. Jerusalem's Palestinians have Israeli ID cards that give them freedom of movement in Israel, unlike Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza.

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said the attacker walked through the seminary's main gate and entered the library, where witnesses said some 80 people were gathered. He carried an assault rifle and pistol, and used both weapons in the attack. Rosenfeld said at least six empty bullet clips were found on the floor.

Two hours after the shooting, police found the body of the eighth victim. Rescue workers said nine people were wounded, three seriously.

David Simchon, head of the seminary, said the students had been preparing a celebration for the new month on the Jewish calendar, which includes the holiday of Purim. "We were planning to have a Purim party here tonight and instead we had a massacre," he told Channel 2 TV.

Yehuda Meshi Zahav, head of the Zaka rescue service, entered the library after the attack. "The whole building looked like a slaughterhouse. The floor was covered in blood. The students were in class at the time of the attack," he said. "The floors are littered with holy books covered in blood."

Witnesses described a terrifying scene during the shooting, with students jumping out windows to escape.
One of the students, Yitzhak Dadon, said he shot the attacker twice in the head. "I laid on the roof of the study hall, cocked my gun and waited for him. He came out of the library spraying automatic fire," he said.​
Police said an Israeli soldier in the area then shot the man dead. After the shooting, hundreds of seminary students demonstrated outside the building, screaming for revenge and chanting, "Death to Arabs."

The seminary is the Mercaz Harav yeshiva in the Kiryat Moshe quarter at the entrance to Jerusalem, a prestigious center of Jewish studies identified with the leadership of the Jewish settlement movement in the West Bank.

It was founded by the late Rabbi Tzvi Yehuda Hacohen Kook, the movement's spiritual founder, and serves some 400 high school students and young Israeli soldiers, and many of them carry arms.

"It's very sad tonight in Jerusalem," Mayor Uri Lupolianski told Channel 2 TV. "Many people were killed in the heart of Jerusalem."

Rabbi Shlomo Amar, one of Israel's two chief rabbis, led a prayer session at the seminary after the shooting. Students huddled together, and many sobbed uncontrollably.

In Lebanon, Hezbollah's Al-Manar satellite TV station said a previously unknown group called the Martyrs of Imad Mughniyeh and Gaza was responsible for the attack. The claim could not immediately be verified. Mughniyeh, a Hezbollah commander, was killed in a car bomb in Syria last month. Hezbollah has blamed Israel for the assassination.

Hamas stopped just short of claiming responsibility for the Jerusalem shootings. "We bless the operation. It will not be the last," Hamas said in a statement sent to reporters by text message.
At mosques in Gaza City and the northern Gaza Strip, many residents performed prayers of thanksgiving — only performed in cases of great victory to thank God.
About 7,000 Gazans marched in the streets of Jebaliya, firing in the air in celebration, and visited homes of those killed and wounded in the last Israeli incursion. In the southern town of Rafah, residents distributed sweets to moving cars, and militants fired mortars in celebration.​

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
This is just sick. They are celebrating in the streets because a gunman killed 8 students studying to become Rabbis!

It won't end as long as the Arabs hate the Jews worse than they love their own childern. It will end though when the radicals nuke a major city in the name of God.... At that point, most of the Arab Nations will be smoldering in their own glory of glass covered sand.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well here is an interesting twist on the story:

I've only posted the beginning of the story, but the whole story can be found at worldnetdaily: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=58323
Press 'ignore' terrorist stopped by armed student
'Mr. Dadon is not going to become a victim of this conspiracy of silence'

Posted: March 07, 2008
9:33 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

A gun rights organization in the United States is accusing the media of trying to conceal the fact that a gunman who attacked students at Jerusalem's Mercaz Harav seminary was stopped by an armed student at the school.

Authorities report that Ytizhak Dadon, 40, was a "private citizen who had a gun license and was able to shoot the gunman with his pistol," according to a statement released today by the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

In its earlier reporting on the tragedy, WND confirmed, "One terrorist reportedly was shot to death by a student who was armed…"

However, the gun rights organization said "the American press is downplaying his heroism because it proves that armed students can stop campus gunmen."

"Yitzhak Dadon is a hero," said Alan Gottlieb, the chairman of CCRKBA, "and he is living proof that armed students have a place on college campuses. Thankfully, his quick action was reported by the international press … so unlike incidents here in the United States where the press was able to completely ignore the actions of armed students or teachers, the truth about this incident will not be suppressed."

He continued, "Mr. Dadon is not going to become a victim of this conspiracy of silence. Elitist American college administrators, the national press, nor anti-gun politicians can sweep this incident under their rug."

The gun rights group said international reports credit Dadon, who studies at the school, had his pistol available when the shooting erupted. "When the gunman emerged from a library, Dadon reportedly shot him twice in the head. The gunman was subsequently shot by the off-duty soldier," the group said.

"Yitzhak Dadon's apparently well-placed bullets interrupted a rampage," Gottlieb said. "What a pity that someone like Mr. Dadon was not in class last April at Virginia Tech. What a tragedy that anti-gun extremism would keep him from attending class at Northern Illinois University. He would never be allowed to teach at Columbine High School, hold a job at Trolley Square in Salt Lake City, or go shopping at Omaha's Westroads Mall.

"America's acquiescence to anti-gun hysteria has led to one tragedy after another," Gottlieb stated. "This disastrous policy has given us nothing but broken hearts and body counts, and it's got to end. The heroism of an armed Israeli seminary student halfway across the world sends a message that we needn't submit to murder in victim disarmament zones. That's why his actions are getting such short shrift from America's press. It's a story they are loathe to report because it affirms a philosophy of self-reliance that they despise."​

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think your going to start seeing college students protesting the "No guns on Campus" laws more and more.

murph

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think your going to start seeing college students protesting the "No guns on Campus" laws more and more.

murph

Murph you are right, and they already started.

http://concealedcampus.org/

There are over 20,000 members of the Students for Concealed Carry organization now. It has really grown dramatically since the shootings in DeKalb, IL at the Northern Illinois University campus.

Several states have reconsidered their carry laws, while not many have actually changed their laws yet, some are in progress.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
On Thursday there was a distraught student at my daughter's high school with a shotgun. A woman saw him approaching the school and reported him to the school's police liaison officer who called for backup. My daughter told me that within 5 minutes there were more than 40 police vehicles there, including several ATF agents. This count of vehicles and police response was echoed by our local police chief who stated "more than 40 squad cars — many of them off-duty officers and some from forces other than the city police — descended on the area, forming a perimeter outside and searching inside for any sign of the gunman." The entire school was immediately locked down and all students were locked in their classrooms and kept away from any doors or windows. From the news footage it appeared that there was enough firepower and police there to take down a medium sized army.

The suicidal ex-student was quickly apprehended away from the school when he fled. Fortunately nobody was injured and the situation appears to have been handled very efficiently and with extreme force and precision. It is my understanding that our fast response police force had just recently practiced a school hostage/gunman situation at this very high school. I was pleased to see the amazing show of police response and overwhelming force in this potentially dangerous situation. It appears as if our police force has made it clear that any attempt to enter any of our city schools with a weapon with intent to harm will be a suicide mission at best.

Still, this situation has several teachers again asking if it would not be appropriate for some of them to be armed or to have quick access to a firearm. Some of the teachers have had firearm training and others have been on the police force in the past. Personally, I would feel better if my daughter's teacher was trained and proficient with a firearm and could readily access a firearm to protect his class. The scene would be the same as the lock down situation described except the trained and armed teacher would be guarding the students from within their locked classroom. I believe this condition would lessen any chance a deranged gunman would have to break into a locked classroom and open fire on unarmed and helpless students.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
. . . Still, this situation has several teachers again asking if it would not be appropriate for some of them to be armed or to have quick access to a firearm. Some of the teachers have had firearm training and others have been on the police force in the past. Personally, I would feel better if my daughter's teacher was trained and proficient with a firearm and could readily access a firearm to protect his class. The scene would be the same as the lock down situation described except the trained and armed teacher would be guarding the students from within their locked classroom. I believe this condition would lessen any chance a deranged gunman would have to break into a locked classroom and open fire on unarmed and helpless students.

Brent you live in a medium sized city. Your police response was impressive, overwhelming and appropriate. Those of us in rural areas, where the towns are several miles apart from each other, and where there are only a half dozen police cars in town are probably at somewhat greater risk in our schools.

My good friend is an officer in the Chicago Suburb of Villa Park. Their new operating procedures for school incidents are NOT to wait for back up. They are now instructed to enter and engage in a firefight WHILE the back up rolls. The logic is the shooter is going to keep on killing until engaged. The sooner someone engages the shooter, the sooner the carnage will end. The Colorado seminary, the Colorado Church, the Oklahoma mall, Northern Illinois University, and now the Jewish Seminary shooting, all taught us that these shootings last for only a minute or two before they are over. In the cases of the Oklahoma mall, the Colorado Church and the Jewish seminary the only reason the shootings stopped was because an armed citizen was ON THE SCENE when they started. All of them ended before police were able to get to the scene and in some cases the police were there within 180 seconds of the first shots.

BoneheadNW

It is my understanding that our fast response police force had just recently practiced a school hostage/gunman situation at this very high school. I was pleased to see the amazing show of police response and overwhelming force in this potentially dangerous situation. It appears as if our police force has made it clear that any attempt to enter any of our city schools with a weapon with intent to harm will be a suicide mission at best.

Ever since Colembine (sp?), we have an annual training exercise with the local and state police at the high school. Students participate for extra credit on a saturday and act as victims. Good training for us for an MCI (multi casualty incident) as well as the cops and students.
Bone

Glink

Site Supporter
Students participate for extra credit on a saturday and act as victims.

More brainwashing, albeit probably unintended. It would be politically incorrect to teach them to fight back rather than to stand there and wait to be shot.

BoneheadNW

More brainwashing, albeit probably unintended. It would be politically incorrect to teach them to fight back rather than to stand there and wait to be shot.

Say what?:confused2: I don't believe the school is teaching them to wait to be shot. These kids are made up to look like shooting victims. You can still be a victim if you fight back. Am I missing something here?
Bone