• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Steve Murphy aka thcri

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is with heavy heart that I post this. I heard that Steve has lost his battle with pancreatic cancer.

He loved his photography hobby. He knew I love Bald Eagles. So he always send me copies of his pictures without his copyright on it. That way I could use them for my desktop.
RIP

His obituary is here.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for posting. Steve took great photos. He loved trains and old trucks too.

Rest in Peace Steve.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Neither was I (aware that he had cancer). He shared some of his photography on NTT earlier this year. Sad.
I posted this on his memorial page:

Steve aka Murph on our forums was a moderator and played a huge roll in the success of a little off topic forum startup (forumsforums). Although we never met face to face we shared thoughts and comments on what was happening in the world at that time. Murph was active with us from the start in 2004 until 2012 or so. Such a good guy with a big heart. Of late I talked with him on a tractor forum where he shared some of his photography. Amazing work. A talented guy who will be missed. My condolences to the family.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Omg, I am absolutely speechless!
Steve and I had our ups and downs, but I remember the days on the forum when he was incorrigible, hilarious and funny as heck.
He actually sent me a box of his apples one time and they were delicious.

It's always rough losing one of our forum family members.
I wish he'd have come back here with us all.
That would have been nice.
Eternal rest "Murph".
You'll be missed.
A lot.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, this is very sad news. Steve and I used to email back and forth outside of the FF but I lost track of him a while ago. What a nice guy, what a tragic end.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I wasn't aware that he was fighting cancer. I knew that he hadn't been around for a while and I missed him. RIP.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn, Steve and I loved our Labradors, it was our connection .... Sadly both our yellows are gone. Hope he’s playing with them right now!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I too am very saddened to hear of his passing. :(
I'm sitting here in my office reading this and just on the other side of my computer is a flute. I got it from Murph for my daughter.

RIP my friend.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow sad news indeed. thcri, Steve was a regular when I found this place.

We had some of the same interests, and PM'd a few times. I really missed him when he stopped posting here.

I remember he won the "piston count" as the measure of the man, with his fleet of service vans he had in his heating and cooling business..

Sad to hear this news. None of us are going to leave this place alive. Just a matter of when. He was gone to soon...

Regards, Kirk

jwstewar

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this. I wasn't aware of the cancer. I remember chatting with him in the early 2000s about an issue we were moving having with our Chevy truck and how I fixed mine and he was able to fix his. Turned what we both thought was an expensive fix to about a $50 DIY. Sorry, to hear this. I had just thought about him the other day.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
My dear friend Steve where do I start...

Never met Steve in person but thanks to ff we become friends of 12 years, we emailed regular and I knew of his battle, he kept it very private but I was honored he entrusted me with his diognosis, when he told me many months ago I was blown away with his positive attitude and strength.

Steve never complained and kept his passion for family and photography at all times, even his passion for his work ethic never left his side.

The last email I got from Steve was around 2 weeks before he passed away, he had been busy and sounded as focused as ever, so it was a shock to receive a email from his wife to inform me of his passing.

When I received that news I was with my partner jayne putting up a new hand rail on the stair case, jayne see my face drop and asked what's wrong I just walked out the house found a park bench and cried, why I will tell you.

The past 2 plus years have been a trying time for me, Steve kept me going, if ever I felt alone or down Steve was there, we spoke honest and openly and he made me never to give up, some days were really low and Steve helped fill the void, I am forever grateful to him.

Steve shared many of his photos with me to which I have a few favorites, they I shall print and make nice frames and hang them proudly on walls wherever I go in life.

Thanks Steve my dear friend, forever in my heart.

Bamby

It's always with regret when we loose a fellow member here and it's all the more painful because we've lost so many others and we haven't had any step forward to fill their shoes. RIP

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A very nice tribute Galvi. Even though an ocean separated you both I know you guys were close. It's so tough to lose a good friend. My condolences to you.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I miss you Steve, but you will be proud to know I'm finally OK, family life like I promised you I would find, a year goes fast, the pain of losing you as not, always in my heart my dear friend, love and respect forever