• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Making us into children...

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
The pharmaceutical industry must think we are nothing but children. Last night while watching a rerun of Columbo, (for the umpteenth time,) I saw back to back commercials for over the counter medicine. One was for Alka Seltzer, and the other for some fiber crap. Both of these products now come in gummie bear type form.

I'm sorry but gummie shit is for kids not adults. I don't want candy when I have an upset stomach, I want relief, damnit!

I know there are other adult products out there that are doing the same shit. Has this country dumbed down the majority of the people so low that we are now to be treated as children?

:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Most TV commercials are for morons and idiots. They make the man of the house look like a moron, make claims that are untrue and are just generally full of shit.

When I do watch TV I try to DVR it and zap the commercials.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I know one thing, those Alka-Seltzer fruit chews certainly do not work as well as the effervescent tabs that dissolve in water.
They taste horrible too.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The pharmaceutical industry must think we are nothing but children. Last night while watching a rerun of Columbo, (for the umpteenth time,) I saw back to back commercials for over the counter medicine. One was for Alka Seltzer, and the other for some fiber crap. Both of these products now come in gummie bear type form.

I'm sorry but gummie shit is for kids not adults. I don't want candy when I have an upset stomach, I want relief, damnit!

I know there are other adult products out there that are doing the same shit. Has this country dumbed down the majority of the people so low that we are now to be treated as children?

:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

Yes.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
If enough people don't buy a product it goes away. What gets me is the prescription med ads. It takes about as long to spout off all the CYA's as it does to promote it!!
Mike