• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Texas Luring Jobs Away From California With Promises Of Electricity

Bamby

article-5039-1.jpg

U.S.—New billboards have been popping up in California with the slogan “Move to Texas: We have electricity!” Many see this as a play to lure jobs away from California, as many jobs rely on electricity, especially in the modern economy. This could especially be attractive to jobs in the tech sector.

Roy Rivera, a tech analyst with decades of experience in cutting edge technology, explained that “a lot of tech uses electricity.” He then pointed to a chart showing that tech businesses can be at least 300% more effective when they have power.

California Governor Gavin Newsom was dismissive of Texas's claims, though. “They’re making false claims of being able to deliver electricity 24/7,” Newsom said, “but it just can’t be done.” Newsom was also dismissive of the Lone Star State's other claims, such as affordable housing, plenty of water, cheap gas, plastic straws, and not constantly being on fire. “It sounds made up,” said Newsom. “I don’t even think there is a Texas.”

California plans to fight back. It’s now working on a wall to keep people and jobs from leaving California. The planned wall should extend along the entire California border, except for the southern part.

Babylon Bee

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Accepting that this is from Babylon Bee, the fact is that much of the electricity used in California comes from Texas.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Accepting that this is from Babylon Bee, the fact is that much of the electricity used in California comes from Texas.

I wasn't aware of that. I knew that Texas had it's own grid but I didn't know that we exported our electricity to California.

As for having power 24/7 …. Nah! We have our share of outages but not usually for too long. I still have to get that back-up generator. I'm getting too old for dragging generators all over the place and stringing extension cords. It's in the plans for next year.

Stop putting up those signs. We are filling up with worthless Californians and people from the north-east. They bring nothing to the table except griping, bitching and moaning.

I like the Babylon Bee.