• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LMC1200 Needs new bogie tires

PJL

After 31 years and 400+ hours the tires are starting to come apart. This is what it has on it. 6 of these Carlisles that are foam filled. The fronts are solid and look great. Rear sprockets are in excellent condition as are the tracks and grousers.

Any issues with using the same tire but skipping the foaming? I wouldn't mind the weight savings. These are original and still have the LMC part numbers on them.

Attachments

• IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1765.jpg
    IMG_1765.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 252

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
PJL,

You might reach out to Peterson Equipment in Logan, UT. They're a Pisten Bully dealer now, but they have considerable expertise with the Thiokol/DMC/LMC lineage. I would think they could advise you on tire recommendations and foaming.

I had a conversation with their parts manager last summer and learned for many years the OEM tires were Goodyear "Monorail" tires, which are no longer made. They had no tread and the sidewalls were thicker than normal tires as I remember.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mn outdoors has what you need.

I found a 8 ply non hi way at an online retailer Giga tire.

I put some cheap E rated non highway tires on a A model.

they were a bitch to mount and needed boots to help the Tubes find their spot with out straining the valve stem.

But I know mn outdoors has a quality solution for you.

PJL

Thank you Sqwrl. My issue isn't the cost of the tires so much but the labor to detrack and replace the 6 tires. I'll reach out to MN.

ironhorsetowing

The ones that you have are just a standard 12 inch rim trailer tire. Any tire dealer would carry those and the tubes and do the mounting for you. I run a smooth ag tire on my LMC 1800's and have them foamed. Those should also be available at the tire dealer. They've worked great for years.