• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Have You Ever Smoked Pot?

Do You Smoke Pot?

• No

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Once In A While

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I Did When I was Younger

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Tried It Once

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Never Have, Never Will

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ironman

Do you know a lot of people that smoke it? I know some folks that do, the oldest being 65. A few are in the public eye, some are construction/auto factory workers. You would never guess these people smoke by looking at them or chatting with them and I bet there are a lot more people smoking it then we would ever think. I really don't give a shit as long as it doesn't effect me.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah, I grew up in the 70's. But I can honestly say I never really cared for it. I was called the redneck for not wanting to smoke it every dam chance one could have. But I sure loved my beer. Special Export that is, Green Death. Can't find it anymore they must not make it?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, I grew up in the 70's. But I can honestly say I never really cared for it. I was called the redneck for not wanting to smoke it every dam chance one could have. But I sure loved my beer. Special Export that is, Green Death. Can't find it anymore they must not make it?
First time I ever smoked it, it had no effect on me whatsoever.
The second time it did because it was laced with something, and I was stupid enough to partake at this wild party. Couldn't feel my arms or legs.:eek:
Went home and went directly to my room. My brother came in and asked me if I was coming down for supper. He took one look at me and said OMG, you are fcked UP.:yum:
That was the last time I smoked strange doobie.
Now, it floats around at dinner parties I've attended, and if I decide to take a toke I do. If not, I drink wine. Same buzz factor IMO.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I did a good bit when I was younger, now a career is more important. If a doobie happen to get within reach I may be tempted .......... :brows: ......... and it don't take much!

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Grew up in the 60's and the hippies and others like them were the dope heads. I watched them toasting their brains with drugs and cheap wine, and determined at that point I had no use for that shit. I don't feel like I missed anything.

benspawpaw

i aint never and shame on all yall pot heads for doing something like that i thought yall were a better bunch of folks than that:yum::w00t2::clap:

to answer the question: a bunch, years ago and might now if tempted.:brows:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Never have, never will. On the other hand, filter something through peat, age it for 15 years in oak, and I'm there.

On the other hand, I cannot see why we should spend billions paying lip service to stopping something which doesn't seem to matter and cannot be changed. Just my opinion

Chetdb

Tried it a time or two but it did mess with the flavor of the beer. Was on a trip down the river and had a bunch of 30 yo kids that would sneak off behind the tents for the first few days. Then one night was torching up sitting around the fire next day asked one of the guys had just met on the trip his thoughts about it. He looked me in the eye and said " I don't but being with a bunch smoking or a bunch drinking would chose to be with the tokers, drinkers can get mean".

WVBill

I tried smoking a cigarette when I was 7 or 8 and it made me cough and gag so I never got into smoking.

By the time pot came around in my teen/college years I figured it would make me cough and gag like tobacco did and I didn't want to look stoopid in front of my friends so I never did pot.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have You Ever Smoked Pot?

It was the 70's. Heck yes I did, and I liked it. :D

I resisted for the longest time. I had friends who did in high school, senior year experimenting. It looked gross and I resisted. 1st year of college I resisted. After than I finally gave in and had to see what all the fuss was about. I liked it better than beer for sure. I truly wish it would be legalized.

From personal experience I do not see it as a gateway drug. That was the excuse often used as a reason for it not to be legal. Hogwash. Someone who might experiment with mary jane might try other stuff, but that is not because of the mary-ja-wanna. That is because of the type of person they are. Someone who drinks beer might try wine or might try jack daniels. Would that be beers fault? Seems like a silly argument to me.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kinda reminds me of the Professor in 'Back To The Future...' lol. But it's cool. :biggrin:
It's Gene Wilder from the movie by Mel Brooks: Young Frankenstein.

Great flick!

mak2

From about 1975 till 1980 when I went inot the Marine Corps I smoked pot like some people smoked cigarettes, I dont remember but that is what my firends tell me. I got caught sneaking out to my car and firing up a joint at school my junior year. Went into the Marine Corps in 1980 had one joint in 85 after I got out and that is all. Not one since. I think I knew I had to quit. Pot itself never really got me in trouble, infact I was much nicer and easygoing. Problem was I had absoultely no ambition. Just wanted to sit on a dock of the bay, as it were.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Never tried it. Grew up at the right time just in the wrong place I guess. In Scotland during the '60's and '70's the drugs of choice were nicotine and alcohol and both were legal if over 18 (for booze) and 16 for cigarettes. Can't say the same now. Just came back from there and let's say that there are druggies all over the place and dope smokers are a minor problem.