• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

It looks like Sirius and XM are joining.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
My question is this; what does it mean for me, the consumer?? About 5 years ago when I first went with satellite there was positively no comparison between the two. Even the Sirius rep told me that they hoped to have as many channels in a year or two as XM had, yet Sirius was more expensive. It made it a no-brainer decision for me. I've had XM ever since and have been pleased. I understand that Sirius has gotten better with more choices. It seems that one of their biggest boasts was Howard Stern. I couldn't have cared less about that, so I still haven't bothered to seriously consider Sirius.

If we, the consumer, end up with basically both it appears to be great. My only concern is that I have a "locked in" price of $9.99 a month (from buying at that trade show) for another 2 years with each additional radio costing me $6.99 a month (I think...I pay for 3 years at a time to get a further break).

Who has Sirius? How do you like it? How much a month does it cost? I'm not sure why, but I've read that neither company has turned a profit. My obvious concern about that is increasing subscription costs. That, IMHO, could be counter productive. I'll continue paying for the 3 or 4 radios I have now if the prices stay the same, or very close. If the price goes way up, I'll drop them all.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
My wife's car came with XM and mine came with Sirius. AFAIK, Sirius has more choices than XM.

Unfortunately, I'm not a big radio listener (probably because I don't drive that much any more). I'll probably let my Sirius die after the free year runs out.

Here's the rates: http://www.sirius.com/getsirius/plans

It looks like they are the similar to XM. Actually, the content on both is pretty similar. I think it's a wash.