• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Snow Cat Tour

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Mine! Oh, no, that would be too easy...East Coast... we all know I have to get them from at least 3,000 miles away, for the maximum amount of transport pain to my wallet. ;)

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Eastern MT. Yup, uh huh. :punk: :mrgreen:

Hey, Mainer...:wave:

Attachments

• G.jpg
    G.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 484
  • S1.jpg
    S1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 487
  • S2.jpg
    S2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 482
  • S3.jpg
    S3.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 476
  • S4.jpg
    S4.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 475
  • S5.JPG
    S5.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 479

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ta, ?ell with Mainer first dibs on both the 4vs and the 601 and the truck I'll even pay a finders fee if I buy them PM the info. Ha. he got first dibs on the last one .:w00t2:

Bobcat Finders fee could mean radio shelters for you...........

Last edited:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
If I do dis ting for you, as a token of our mutual respect and friendship, den maybe someday I too may need a favor. And when you do dat favor for me, den dis ting between us, potremmo denominarli 'la nostra cosa', might be paid in full.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
If I do dis ting for you, as a token of our mutual respect and friendship, den maybe someday I too may need a favor. And when you do dat favor for me, den dis ting between us, potremmo denominarli 'la nostra cosa', might be paid in full.

Hey Bobcat, I know where these are by the pics and most likely the owner......:w00t2: This is gonna cost somebody somewhere big for my silence.........:yum: Who pays the most gets the most info or silence............:smile: Let the bidding wars begin.....................:thumb:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
potremmo denominarli 'la nostra cosa',
Hmmmmm.......... Our........did not no you were Italian.............

Cosa fa questo suono legale? Non vorrei mai ferire nessuno.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill, I figured out where the Truck is allready But Bobcat says the cats are somewhere else? You know the part you are looking for on your LMC final drive well lets say it could show up at you door real easy.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
<snip>
Cosa fa questo suono legale? Non vorrei mai ferire nessuno.

Nessun problema. Cio non e importante me.

Consider this....Bill knew where they and NEVER told you about them until now! Hmmm...

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Uh-hum!
I have concerns! MtnTopper knew where these were all along? Hmmm... now *that* does worry me... where's the luv to share? ;) (you know this warrants a gimme by the mainer!).
Boggie... ok bud, now you and I both know you have way, way, way too many rigs of class, history, sophistication, etc... I really need not say more... thou must share and give to the needy...
That orange one needs to be added to the Mainer. That one is indeed rare. That would be compliment to my 4T2 of the 600-family. There's a purpose at hand... a higher calling than personal goals... this path of goodness and light is one of collecing for the greater good of museum-sharing! Snapshots in time of snowcat history!
May I be so bold as to even suggest that Boggie, you may be the best one to obtain such a unit on a temporary basis... and then restore to full glory and then simply and whole-heartedly donate to the Mainer for the good of the general populous!
OK, forget all that... gimme the cat!!!! I'll bid more! Frenzy, frenzy, frenzy!

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Bob, did I mention lately how nice your Kristis all look!?!?
OK, enough foreplay, where's the rig? ;)

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Envisoin poor Johny with his mom going through the snowcat museum...

"Mommy, I see these 4T10's and the 601's and it's so fantastic to see the history of snowcat design change... and this 4T2...wow... but there's a huge gap in my understanding mommy ... I don't see the counterpart to the 4T2... I'm missing a critical piece to really understanding the logic that could help me understand all things engineering!? Mom, maybe I won't be able to finish the 4th grade... I may be in an endless cycle until I can see the counterpart to the 4T2...who has it mommy?"

"Well Johny, this sign here at the museum says the 'Boggie-man' got it... don't read on any further Johny...it gets worse... there's mention of a 601-white ghost out there as well..."

Boggie... don't make this poor child's fears come true... think of the youth!
Besides, that Ox warrants far more TLC than any of these thangs!

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Mainer, Mainer, Here's the deal I'll let you bring the units to me and I then I will decide which and if I want them. then if I do I will keep all the parts I want and need and then you can have the leftovers. :yum:See you know when you visited a while ago and we where walking around the facility we did get a photo of you on the security Camera. well, a couple maybe. and I will only share with all the Forums community one for now. unless you don't agree to all terms and conditions put forth. :ninja:

Attachments

• 483313.png
    483313.png
    285.2 KB · Views: 440

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Mainer, Mainer, Here's the deal I'll let you bring the units to me and I then I will decide which and if I want them. then if I do I will keep all the parts I want and need and then you can have the leftovers. :yum:
<snip>

You'd part them out!?!? :pat: :furious: :censored: :cry:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You'd part them out!?!? :pat: :furious: :censored: :cry:

Only if they were Mainers.........:hammer: I would keep the good parts....:punk: I have a hard time parting anything out. it is like taking a life away. its much funner putting life back into the dead ones.:wub: Just like the Musk-OX the tranny core is worth 35K but i can not find myself parting it. I would rather have some military collector decide he wants it in his collection and restore it for them.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Mainer, Mainer, Here's the deal I'll let you bring the units to me and I then I will decide which and if I want them. then if I do I will keep all the parts I want and need and then you can have the leftovers. :yum:See you know when you visited a while ago and we where walking around the facility we did get a photo of you on the security Camera. well, a couple maybe. and I will only share with all the Forums community one for now. unless you don't agree to all terms and conditions put forth. :ninja:

OK, there we go. :hammer: Just got my dibs in with the owner (Bennett). We also talked price, etc.. However, there is already a long-standing buyer in-line for her (603), but I also let him know I'd have interest in the 4VS. Boggie, I told him you'd probably call him tomorrow and let him know that you have lots of parts (mine?) for him if need be and may also be interested. ;) As I always want to do the right thing (museum first, business second), I put dibs in for you. If I do buy either/both and you really, really want her/them then there will only be a small markup...maybe an original untouched virgin 6-series sprocket... I put a tracking device on that sprocket when I was there and I licked it too for the ultimate dibs! I have the perfect glass enclosure for it with museum-grade lighting to keep that rubber in it's original beautiful 60's black. :biggrin:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
MAINER,
Thats funny I too talked with the owner. BUT.............. Are you sure you have the right guy? First off if its a guy (man) your talking to then I can tell you you dont have the right owner! After a long conversation Bobcat will be the new Owner of the 603. Sorry guys but Bobcat did have first dibbs.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
BUT there is still hope MAINER or BOGGIE,
Bobcat really wants a 601 instead of the 603.............. So make us a trade for a nice 601.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Bobcat really wants a 601 instead of the 603.............. So make us a trade for a nice 601.

I don't know about that. It's true, I met Bennett, his wife Joy, AND their dog Lewie. Brought him a bacon and egg sausage McMuffin (the dog that is). Struck a deal and I'll be heading out with a trailer on Tuesday. That Thiokol with her headlights like oxen eyes just sort of entranced me. Maybe it was the way the tracks wrapped their way up to her differential, and what a differential! Could be the way the cargo bed on the rear just begged to be loaded up. She was just pleading me to take her home and look under her hood. What could I do?

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
MAINER,
Thats funny I too talked with the owner. BUT.............. Are you sure you have the right guy? First off if its a guy (man) your talking to then I can tell you you dont have the right owner! After a long conversation Bobcat will be the new Owner of the 603. Sorry guys but Bobcat did have first dibbs.

I might be ignernt but dumb too? Me thinks me talked to the right hubby given he was the one that bought it at auction, replaced various parts, etc... but the rig still isn't really running...needs some work as does the VS.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter

What's with this "us" stuff... is this one of those Bob-pass thru deals you're working? Your Boggie-rig is far too gorgeous (and all your other cats on the list), for you to be looking for a 603. You're living 'Escalade-life' with that new rig of yours so I don't know if you're allowed to be found owning a 6'ish thingy... isn't that too old-school getto now?:punk:

snotrans

Contact Bill @ snotrans as he has the history of of these machines as he sold them several years ago.to the people in WY. We also have a set of new sprockets that came in with the 4T when they were trade in's from Mountain Bell.and have been on the shelf for years along with the original manuals

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
What's with this "us" stuff... is this one of those Bob-pass thru deals you're working? Your Boggie-rig is far too gorgeous (and all your other cats on the list), for you to be looking for a 603. You're living 'Escalade-life' with that new rig of yours so I don't know if you're allowed to be found owning a 6'ish thingy... isn't that too old-school getto now?:punk:

BOBCAT is a bit on the shy side when it comes to working the deals. As far as thru Bob-pass deals no. I have no stake on it either way.:thumb:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Eastern MT. Yup, uh huh. :punk: :mrgreen:

Hey, Mainer...:wave:

Ok. The truck he wants 10K not worth it, in Glendive,Mt. , the 603 is sold to Marty( Made up name? ):censored:, The 4VS he wants 5K , He also has a 601 but wants to keep it.all in Sidney,Mt.

Last edited:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Agree... his prices are high on all items. Somehow by the end of this whole thing, Boggie will end up with these in his yard for a box of toothpicks....very nice toothpicks of course... I just get that feeling. ;)

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, back to what My father once told me. believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. You see the truth be told I have talked several times with Bennett, and he with Joy And one other who own the rigs. just stories
why do people tell stories..........to Mislead of course......... It's kind of like playing a game of Survivor but with snow cats I guess? Nice guy Bennett
he should be reading this now. hope to meet him some day. I used to live in Medicine lake MT. worked on the oil rigs as a high pressure pipe welder and capped many of the rigs when they came in.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Paid another visit to Bennetts place this morning. This time I also met his business partner and his other dog. He really likes bacon double quarter-pounders with cheese. :mrgreen:

Anyway, got to see the 601 and the insides of the 4VS and 603. Some pictures...

The 601 getting a bit of work done on her...

601.jpg

The 601 dataplate. Yup, a USAF rig and it has NO escape hatch. According to the registration number, the rig was supposedly acquired by the USAF with little to no changes from the standard commercial version, although Bennett says it had some upgrades for extreme cold. See the meaning of the 'B' designation in my USAF Ground Vehicles thread.

601 Plate.jpg

The 603 dataplate...

603 Plate.JPG

Anyway, we struck a deal on the 601, and still negotiating for the 4VS. Any Thiokol owners can PM me for details...:thumb:

Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Paid another visit to Bennetts place this morning. This time I also met his business partner and his other dog. He really likes bacon double quarter-pounders with cheese. :mrgreen:

Anyway, got to see the 601 and the insides of the 4VS and 603. Some pictures...

The 601 getting a bit of work done on her...

View attachment 27719

The 601 dataplate. Yup, a USAF rig and it has NO escape hatch. According to the registration number, the rig was supposedly acquired by the USAF with little to no changes from the standard commercial version, although Bennett says it had some upgrades for extreme cold. See the meaning of the 'B' designation in my USAF Ground Vehicles thread.

View attachment 27720

The 603 dataplate...

View attachment 27721

Anyway, we struck a deal on the 601, and still negotiating for the 4VS. Any Thiokol owners can PM me for details...:thumb:

Can't beleive you still got a pair after that visit.......... Bennett ...nice guy
did he have my 603 waxed yet. My guy is in Soiux Falls tonight heading that way to pick it up and maybe 4VS if it looks good he took a bag of green
and told not to come home without it. O by the way Marty is my nick name