• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mid West Sno(w) cat Clowder 2018 Feb 1-4

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just laughed soooooo hard.

and I really need a laugh, so thank you.......

So some preliminary counting, puts the cat count over 20 and people upwards of 50
Looks like the summer clowder group is all coming, the west coast contingent and current naming rights holders are solidified.

Nobody is venturing to guess the mystery trapper Maybe attendee..... (other than KT-4 but he has been muted) in defense of the mystery invitee, the excuse was legitimate, they need to stay home to Groom Snow...... hard to argue that point, But I shall continue to shame them into action....
Another dignitary used caring for equine as an excuse.... Boooo hisss boooo.

so to sum up the midwest rif raff, two parties have forgotten their passwords for the forum. so all this silence is misleading but rest assured there is many wrenches welders and rivet guns in motion. Empty trailers headed in multiple directions, these trailers are tugging and chugging cats to points north.....

And to quote Mr T, Its "pity the fool", not "pity the poor Kristi owner"..... err wait....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Ironically, today's calls included another Firearm themed Forum Forum member.... He is not in an asylum, He is just trapping and grooming away all alone in the wilds of the eastern UP.

I did my best to pitch the hard sale, Might need a Drifter to make a phone call and extend an invite, You know, a peer to peer conversation might go better than a Gizmo invite...

MN Outdoors:

This year a midwest clowder coordinater who is also a silent member here @ FF has launched a medium to low pressure marketing campaign. Her success has increased exposure and impression points are climbing daily. I received some packages of support in the mail yesterday.

I have been hassling MN O for years about attending and perhaps sponsoring to no avail. this year the tides have turned!

Thanks MN O for the support!!!!!

I am hoping to use the sponsorship to lure a Trapper out of the Wilds of the YOOP, An accomplished Snow cat restorer probably could use some encouragement......

Tiger themed ammunition is the HINT, guess the FF user and win a prize.

a little slow on the uptake, and blind in both eyes

my guess is

WEATHERBY

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
even a blind sqwrl finds a nut once awhile.... and that is right, snow cat riveter extraordinaire, Weatherby is in the Yoop and I don't think it would take much to get him to pull his traps and take a cruise over.

speaking of local haunts,
Hey Undy, with all this snow, your expert skiing ability, access to all this snow cat action, and previous experience at clowders..... Why are we not engaging you as you make arrangements..... plenty of space lodging wise, So basically just an UBER ride north........ shall I send a van?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Pre clowder scouts are deployed...... Hoping they post some pictures upon their return....

funtracks

After a couple FF members sent me text messages, reminding me of the Clowder, I finally spend some time thinking about it and have made plans to attend! Unfortunately this year I won't have my '58 443 Tucker with (very close to having it running again) and because of my unique training schedule at work this winter I can't take any time off. That being said, I'll focus on the positive and plan to be at the Clowder earlier Saturday for some vintage snocats and skiing (the whole family's coming and they don't understand how you can spend an entire day looking at snocats so we'll be hitting the slopes too). It's only one day but since I've only met a couple FF members in person and talked to a few more on the phone I can't wait to meet everyone and check out all the tracked machines!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very good point about attending. the real only time the cats sit still is Saturday AM.

the ability to ski and board right into the display area is fun. The clowder is a SKi in Ski out event.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got word Nite Owl is on sitter duty......!!!! Not sure who is in better hands....

the mafia, or the Owl.....

night-owl

GOLD Site Supporter
The Hugle House # 8 at Big Powderhorn will be a Sno-Trac shack:clap: as a previous Tucker owner I'm easy to get along with?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
The Hugle House # 8 at Big Powderhorn will be a Sno-Trac shack:clap: as a previous Tucker owner I'm easy to get along with��

you know, you are staying at the tucker mafia headquarters, we can offer you protection from the kristi gang

Last edited:

night-owl

GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing worse than a Pack of Kristi's tearing up things ! One running is Rare two - unheard of ? Protection money well spent ! Will the Mafia accept grease tubes? Will be glad to meet the Tucker Mafia?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing worse than a Pack of Kristi's tearing up things ! One running is Rare two - unheard of �� Protection money well spent ! Will the Mafia accept grease tubes? Will be glad to meet the Tucker Mafia��

yes, protection grease tubes accepted, you will be safe from the marauding kristis'

hear tell, they eat their own grousers

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any one have interest in test driving the rabbit in Snow?

we had a rabbit at the summer clowder, It may be available for the winter event, Just curious if you folks want to put it through its paces in snow.,......

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know where a couple of those puppys are laying around as well. we could incorporate those into the rodeo event.

Kristi Kt-4

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So the request for the rabbit(s) is being processed..... we are at the mercy of a shipper for the big wabbit.....

the smaller rabbits are at the mercy of crappy gas and compression and bravery......
skiing
I have had a few skiing inquiries. the Sno Cat event participants have historically been allowed to ski at the *local* price. It is very reasonable and very cheap. so If you are like me and need to rent and don't like to walk up...... rentals and lift tickets are deeply discounted....
the Night time transportation rates of mountain bikes and snow boarders is reasonable as well.... 300 H-H is reliable....

Skiing and biking down copper peak is not suggested or allowed. it is however entertaining to watch idiots try it, but please don't, if you are with our group......

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So the request for the rabbit(s) is being processed..... we are at the mercy of a shipper for the big wabbit.....

the smaller rabbits are at the mercy of crappy gas and compression and bravery......
skiing
I have had a few skiing inquiries. the Sno Cat event participants have historically been allowed to ski at the *local* price. It is very reasonable and very cheap. so If you are like me and need to rent and don't like to walk up...... rentals and lift tickets are deeply discounted....
the Night time transportation rates of mountain bikes and snow boarders is reasonable as well.... 300 H-H is reliable....

Skiing and biking down copper peak is not suggested or allowed. it is however entertaining to watch idiots try it, but please don't, if you are with our group......

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Is this where I mention that I am Ski Patrol and should bring my Pack? Or do I just let the Darwin Theory take its course? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

undy

Kicker,

IMHO, it's never wise to usurp Darwin. There's a reason for everything.

On my ski hill, I've got a pretty simple rule. If you fall down, your pass is revoked. If you're injured, then you're trespassing.

If (when) anyone gets injured here, I just drive them down to the local ski area, and kicking them out at the parking lot. Then call patrol.

So leave the pack. Bring a rope. Just drag 'em back to Big Powderhorn Mtn. and let 'em go...

It's called "catch and release".

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kicker:
Speaking for myself, "do not resuscitate" I have had a good run, and most likely will deserve the predicament you would find me in.....
Undy:
I feel compelled to come down and catch you and then release you behind the controls of a cat.....

To All:
The snow is falling today, The big rabbits transportation from the east will not align with our time frame. If you stay longer into next week it will be available after the 7th.

The travel and movement plans are starting to kick off, Travel safe.

undy

Might still happen Mike. If so, it'll be last-minute. (I'll probably end up sleeping in the Thule box.)

I had another big crash today. They say I was out cold, but I don't recall that at all. So it might depend on whether I'm still alive or not! If I don't make it, you all better raise a toast in my memory, just in case.

I've always kinda hoped to die in my ski boots... ...just not today.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any GPS coordinates for Wednesday night HAPPY Hour ?

I am not sure how direct of a path I am taking to the headquarters. I am going to try and gather up one more machine for the temporary Yoopers to command.

Eddie, 100 mph has many of the Hot spots loaded into his garmin,
I will be easy to find I will be the guy with the snow cat in tow.....

Usually that is not too hard to spot.