• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

excel hustler snow track 440

stagecoachski

hi-need help finding a sproket for an excel hustler snow track 440 or someone with a mold to recoat

Attachments

• hustler 440 drive sprocket.jpg
    hustler 440 drive sprocket.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,228

meanjean

You know, if you could hub it, I wonder if UHMW would hold up long term as a drive cog? The shape is not very complicated that you could cutout the cog with a bandsaw. Good idea???

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
hi-need help finding a sprocket for an excel hustler snow track 440 or someone with a mold to recoat

well after much discussion with our three poly people we decided to build it out IPX UHMW it is much stronger and made for the outdoors and UV will not affect it as bad as regular UHMW we will cad the profile and then cut a center plate from 3/8 steel for the drive then one side will be 1.5" thick and the other will be 2" thick sandwiched to the steel plate which will have a slightly smaller profile than the UHMW and the two side will be bolted through the center drive plate so in the future if one side is damaged you can just repair the one. the bolt heads and nut will be countersunk into the plastic so not to interfere

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
just a note.......if anybody else out there needs this sprocket now is the time they are not available.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
pictures of new sprocket The sprocket had a offset so we used 1.5" on one side and 2.0" UHMW on the other with a .375 drive plate for the center
and a ring to take rotational flex.

Attachments

• DSCF1043.jpg
    DSCF1043.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 968
  • DSCF1046.jpg
    DSCF1046.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 959
  • DSCF1042.jpg
    DSCF1042.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 961

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, thats looks great! How much does it cost??

Depends on if we make one or more at a time we have to do the set ups anyway. this one was more because we had to Design the parts and draw them on Cad for the machine paths. I actually sold this for less than what it costs to make hoping we would make some more

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that looks great i wonder if a metal hubbed hdpe sproket could be made up for the st-4.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
that looks great i wonder if a metal hubbed hdpe sproket could be made up for the st-4.

Don, it could be done but this is not the most economical way to build them
but in this case there was nothing else.

radi0geek

I only have the one Hustler so a pair of them is all I would need. One of my sprockets is Ok but has some wear and has one bad spot. The other side must have been replaced at some point as it is near perfect. My plan would be to buy two of yours and put them both on the cat and then save the origanal. I understand about what your saying on the price. Looks like a lot of time was put in and the quality is evident. Can you give me a ballpark estimate? I am in no hurry as I am good to go for this season. I would not even really need them until summer.

jmsayward

Ok I'm a little slow but I too have a hustler 440 with poor drive cogs. how do I get these built because this summer I will be rebuilding it.

stagecoachski

Brad minn outdoors 218.828.7876. i just installed new sprocket yesterday perfect fit, replacing a tire and putting track together. he was great to work with. having a problem with my choke but should be running soon. what kind of snow condition do you operate in?

Xaver

Does anyone still have a contact for minn outdoors? I see unfortunately Brad has passed away. I'm having no luck finding a shop to recoat or build a set of new sprocket

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Whats your budget? I know that sounds terrible to ask, this is doable but facilitating this for cost is not something I would be interested in.

I have seen posts on social media streams inquiring, I assume its the same machine in need.

it is doable, It has been done by a member here. it is a pain in the butt. but they turned out great.

Xaver

Yes I have. They declined it as they said there would not be enough future demand to justify making the mold. Which is fair but not good for me.