• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Broke my Ventrac 3000 riding mower/tractor

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We've been having a banner year for growing grass around here. Lots of rain to keep it wet and growing with some sunshine mixed in.

So what happens?

Looks like a relay or sensor switch of some type crapped out :hammer:

The little tractor has an electric switch to engage the PTO. I flip the switch and you can hear something TRY to engage, but it doesn't actually engage.

Of course, the local shop has a 2 week wait to get it repaired. I tried everything I know how to do, other than wait the 2 weeks, not sure what my options are.

On the bright side, I can mow about 80% of the property with the big tractor.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Run a jumper from the positive battery post to the solenoid on the clutch. If it don't pull in then be ready to drop big bucks for a new one.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, clutches can be expensive. I had the same symptoms on my ZTR at the end of the 2011 season. It was only six years old but the clutch was done. With the new clutch I drop the engine RPMS prior to engaging or disengaging the mower deck. Repair shop suggested that should extend the life of the clutch. Time will tell.