• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I was on WGN-AM

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I arranged for my friend that owns a liquor store to be on the local talk radio show. And it was AWESOME!!!!! We blew the talk show host away and we are now invited to go back in mid December.

Thats awesome...... right? Im about to lose my apartment..... my home because I cant find a job.

Shitty job? You need to be bi-lingual :hammer:
Good job? You need the EXACT experience. :hammer:

I need help. Anyone have any ideas?

Bamby

I arranged for my friend that owns a liquor store to be on the local talk radio show. And it was AWESOME!!!!! We blew the talk show host away and we are now invited to go back in mid December.

Thats awesome...... right? Im about to lose my apartment..... my home because I cant find a job.

Shitty job? You need to be bi-lingual :hammer:
Good job? You need the EXACT experience. :hammer:

I need help. Anyone have any ideas?

Congratulations on hosting a successful show. :clap:

Last I knew liquor stores need folks to stock shelves. Seriously the best and sometimes the only way to get ones foot through the door is by "knowing somebody". Consider networking anyone you may know how bad your situation is and that willing to accept any opportunity to keep a roof over your head.

And if I googled it right according to the radio call letters, your in "Northern Chicago, Il". Who knows maybe someone here could hold or have a perspective opportunity for you.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
it sounds like you really enjoyed being on the radio, you should apply for and get your FCC license and get a job in radio. FCC license is not hard to get, a couple of my friends in high school got it while we were still in high school. They said the test was easy ....course that was a few decades ago.
Otherwise, I agree with Bamby, most times it's who you know. Network by asking all acquaintances for a little help. In the meantime you might take a waiter job in a good restaurant where tips are big. Or try your hand at selling insurance or cars. both of those groups are always hiring and you have a good gift of gab.

Good luck Sush.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
it sounds like you really enjoyed being on the radio, you should apply for and get your FCC license and get a job in radio. FCC license is not hard to get, a couple of my friends in high school got it while we were still in high school. They said the test was easy ....course that was a few decades ago.
Otherwise, I agree with Bamby, most times it's who you know. Network by asking all acquaintances for a little help. In the meantime you might take a waiter job in a good restaurant where tips are big. Or try your hand at selling insurance or cars. both of those groups are always hiring and you have a good gift of gab.

Good luck Sush.

Ain't that the truth! :hide::tongue:

Good luck Sush. Sounds like you really enjoyed your stint on the airwaves.
Now get out there, find a job and think about YOU.
Take care.
:flowers: