• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gene Simmons: Not Politically Correct

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gene Simmons nails it.

KISS Frontman Gene Simmons: If Immigrants Want Success In The U.S., 'Learn Goddamn English'

Gene Simmons, nee Chaim Witz, immigrated to the United States with his mother when he was eight years old. In the 56 years since, Simmons has carved out a place in music history with his band, KISS, and become a cultural icon. As an immigrant who found such monumental success, he has some blunt advice for others who come to America in search of prosperity.

Simmons stopped by HuffPost Live on Monday to chat about KISS's new tour and the reality series "4th and Loud," which documents the band's Arena League football team, the Los Angeles Kiss. The conversation quickly turned into Simmons opining about immigrants today and their reluctance, in his mind, to learn English.

"I'm actually saying the thing that needs to be said because the politically-correct climate is bullshit," Simmons told host Ricky Camilleri. "You don't want to upset anybody by saying, 'Learn to speak Goddamn English.' So, as an immigrant, I'm telling you: learn to speak Goddamn English. It is the key that will unlock the keys to the kingdom."

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Gene Simmons nails it. So, as an immigrant, I'm telling you: learn to speak Goddamn English. It is the key that will unlock the keys to the kingdom."

He's right. Without speaking English your horizons will always be limited.

One thing that I've noticed within the Hispanic community, and we have quite a few in East Texas, is how the transition to English is working. The original immigrants may never learn English. The second generation tend to be bilingual but the third generation speak perfect English and in a couple of cases that I know, only English. One guy that I know was studying "Spanish for Dummies" so he could talk to his grandfather. The second case is a Mexican couple who bought 10 acres and built a house a little ways from us. Two of the hardest working people you will ever meet. Their rule is that they are Americans now and they only speak English in their home. Their oldest son starts pre-med this fall. They probably have more Anglo friends than Hispanic and I'm glad to be one of them.

RedRocker

That's the secret, becoming "American". Too much of this diversity bullshit has taken over our culture. If you want to come here legally & be an American, then bring it. If not, GTFO!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I just read that a recent Rasmussen poll showed that 83% of Americans want English to be our "official language" and only 10% of the respondents stated that they did not want English as the official language of the United States. The other 7% only responded by saying "Yo no hablo inglés". (I'm kidding on the other 7% - their reply fell under the "other" category).

This tells me that, by far, the people in this country prefers English to be our official language. My question is, why isn't it?! Honestly, if I was a Japanese immigrant living here, I would be suing the US Government, every corporation that gave me only the option for English and Spanish, and every state I could. WHY do we only cater to Spanish speaking immigrants?! Is that not being prejudiced against ALL people coming to this country who do not speak English or Spanish?!

To me, it is sort of like the Democrats "dumbing down" the education system for what they consider 'minorities' and holding them to a lower standard. Excuse me, but isn't that de facto saying that those people are unable to learn at the same rate as others??? I would be infuriated if I were black! Let's not kid ourselves; the entire change in passing those through high school who have learned nothing is completely based on the pressure of racists like Jesse Jackass and Al Shrapnal. Why other blacks don't beat the dickens out of those two for literally saying that blacks cannot learn as well as whites.

I'm sorry, but there is no way in hell that you can convince me that a person is of lower IQ because of the color of their skin! Blacks are turned out of high schools and colleges with diplomas that are completely and totally worthless. I woke to this happening when I was in college. In two different classes there was a guy of color who literally was totally uneducated, refused to study, refused to even try to learn, because he knew he would be given good grades and a diploma because the college wanted to maintain a certain percentage of blacks in their graduation numbers. He rubbed it in my face! I only shook my head and honestly felt sorry for him because he did not realize that the college, and the system, had already decided that he was not "able" to be as smart because of his skin color. He should have been infuriated! The same goes for the Mexicans flooding our country and our government catering to them and not making them learn English; the only thing that would allow them to compete on a level playing field and compete for a good paying job!

Leni

My father, uncle and grandmother were immigrants. She was well off and the first thing she did was to hire a tutor to teach the three of them English. As she put it, I am going to be spending the rest of my life here and I want to be a good citizen. She was the wife of movie director Ernst Lubitch and refused to have Charlie Chaplin in her home because he refused to pay income taxes.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
My father, uncle and grandmother were immigrants. She was well off and the first thing she did was to hire a tutor to teach the three of them English. As she put it, I am going to be spending the rest of my life here and I want to be a good citizen. She was the wife of movie director Ernst Lubitch and refused to have Charlie Chaplin in her home because he refused to pay income taxes.

Based on this, should I assume (I know, I know!) that your grandmother was Helene Kraus?

Leni

My grandmothers name was Helena Sonnet Kraus Lubitch Lewis. The nickname is Leni pronounced Laynee. She married the love of her life at 15 well below her station in pre war Germany. The family totally disapproved. She was left a widow at 18 with two children. In post war Germany after WW I she had to go onto the musical stage to support her family. I can't even imagine how hard it was for her.

She met and married Ernest Lubitch and then Warner Brothers imported him to direct movies for them.

If you are interested look up the book Laughter in Paradise. You will see pictures of my grandmother, my father and my uncle.

I'm told that I look very much like her. Dad did not want me to go into the Hollywood scene. He saw too much of it as a child.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn ... more not PC stuff and damn if I don't agree with him again. Jump if your gonna do it. :bonk:

Gene Simmons is not making many friends this week. First he went after American immigrants who don't speak English, and now the KISS rocker has some beyond strong opinions about those struggling with depression.

NEWS: Gene Simmons Thinks Immigrants Should know English

"Drug addicts and alcoholics are always, 'The world is a harsh place.' My mother was in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. I don't want to hear f**k all about "the world as a harsh place." She gets up every day, smells the roses and loves life," the 64-year-old told SongFacts.com. "And for a putz, 20-year-old kid to say, 'I'm depressed, I live in Seattle.' F**k you, then kill yourself."

Unfortunately, he didn't stop there. "I never understand, because I always call them on their bluff. I'm the guy who says 'Jump!' when there's a guy on top of a building who says, 'That's it, I can't take it anymore, I'm going to jump,'" Simmons continued. "Are you kidding? Why are you announcing it? Shut the f**k up, have some dignity and jump! You've got the crowd."
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ns-tells-depressed-people-to-kill-themselves/