• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Check your garden(s)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Garlic scapes should be ready. Damn, those things are good. Grilled some but I have about 80-100 plants so the others I cut into 1" lengths and froze. Will use them in a variety of ways over the next year.

Strawberries are in. Would have missed them since they're in a not often seen area but the chipmunks started dragging them out. Got a nice big bowl full of them which will make nice snacks for the next few days.

Raspberries should be in soon. Need to stay on top of those since the birds will clean them out quickly.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I picked some green beans today. The plants are small but the bush beans are producing beans.

Attachments

• IMG_3879.jpg
    IMG_3879.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 20

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice garden Bob.

I hope you do a lot of canning. It looks like you have 50-60 tomato plants and another 20 pepper.

We're going small this year. 15 each of tomatoes and peppers and a few viney plants (squash, pumpkin...). We still have well over 100 quarts canned from last year.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
ty. better dial my dad & see if he picked his plants, yet. (we got berries @ my Parents'- he may well have cut their vines again.)