• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hit it Again!!!!

P

Pigtails

Hmm!! You think we can straighten it??

Attachments

• PC270001 a resized (Small).JPG
    PC270001 a resized (Small).JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 213
  • PC270002a resized (Small).JPG
    PC270002a resized (Small).JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 216

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think you will have to replace that horizontal piece. Bending it back will leave it weak and it will bend again. Only next time it will bend with far less impact. Depending on the type of metal used, it may just crack and brake instead of bending next time. But in any case, it will not be as strong.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
He-he. Been there, done that, sold the sled. It never did handle right after the "incident", even with a new trailing arm and drag link.

Bob's right, order the replacement parts. It's probably already cracked. The hammer and stick treatment will get you home (hopefully) but it is not a long term repair.

P

Pigtails

We broke it about 1/2 mile from home, so we strapped some angle iron and adjusting straps on it and limped it home. The ski was actually bent also. We did take it to the polaris shop and they fixed it. What a little rock wont do to you!!!:thumb:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Please let me introduce my complete and total ignorance regarding snowmobiles.

What the heck is bent in those pictures?!?! :yum:

P

Pigtails

DaveNay said:
Please let me introduce my complete and total ignorance regarding snowmobiles.

What the heck is bent in those pictures?!?! :yum:

Trailing Arm! One of the things Polaris invented that always' seems to find the rocks first.