• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Blizzard

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
we are in the middle of our first winter storm but we only have about 5 inches of snow on the ground. it does sound like groomer guy should break out his Kristi though

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey now..no Kristi in my yard. I have something much more reliable...a good pair of browning snowshoes.

We only had a couple inches up until a couple days ago. Judging by how its coming down out there we'll be sitting at close to a foot by morning.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Keep it up there! We are not totally rid of the snow from last week. 50's tomorrow then drop quick with snow Friday evening and then colder all except Monday.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Took a while to come around this year but we're in our first full blown blizzard right now. The snow is picking up and coming in sideways. Glad I'm indoors for this week at the office and no running around.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/ontario/weather-radar

I thought all you Canuck's had left for Florida and the Valley by now. You must be the one left behind to switch out all the lights. :biggrin:

It's supposed to get cold here too with highs in the low 30's by Saturday. I suppose it's all relative.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Darn!!! I stepped outside this morning and it was 40 degrees cooler than it was yesterday. It's just reached 40 and that's supposed to be the high for the day. Tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be below freezing all day with rain and drizzle. In East Texas that usually means power outages. I better go make sure that I have gas, propane, diesel and water ready and run the generators, just in case. Better check that the RV is fully stocked and ready too so we can move in if the house becomes too bad. I hate freezing rain most of all. No hedge cutting today, that's for sure.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope you are below the ice line Frank. Sounds like it will be chaos for the whole weekend down your way. Ice that stays for days sucks. They have backed off on the real cold temps but think we will get more snow off and on. I will deal with snow over ice anytime.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Tokk me an hour to clear the driveway this morning. Couple big drifts. I coulda made it through but the missus would have gotten her van stuck at the end of the day. Then I discovered that all buses in the area are cancelled for today but the schools are still open. So, off to 2 different schools I go first thing this morning to drop off kids. City buses were still running though. I remember when I was a kid the only thing that would cancel the buses was if the highways were closed and there was a 2ft snowfall in one shot. Now, we get 4 inches and the city almost wants to call in the national guard. Different times for sure.

Leni

It got down to the mid 30's last night. Today's high is supposed to be around the mid 50's. I'll have to check my plants to see if there is any damage.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Tokk me an hour to clear the driveway this morning. Couple big drifts. I coulda made it through but the missus would have gotten her van stuck at the end of the day. Then I discovered that all buses in the area are cancelled for today but the schools are still open. So, off to 2 different schools I go first thing this morning to drop off kids. City buses were still running though. I remember when I was a kid the only thing that would cancel the buses was if the highways were closed and there was a 2ft snowfall in one shot. Now, we get 4 inches and the city almost wants to call in the national guard. Different times for sure.
We used to watch the bus struggle to get up the hill to out stop, but somehow he always made it. Can't remember too many "snow days" in the 50's and 60's, but once we had kids, it seems like everyone turned into pussies. They close the schools but everyone else has to brave the roads to go to work. Damn liberals...