• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2544 cruising

Ran around the neighbors and our places a little this weekend. Checked the well house ( it's underground and sometimes will flood during the melt if the sump pump has a problem), so far so good. Mainly having fun before the snow disappears around the place. The dogs definitely had a good time!
f8fcd4e9700ba74c99ce86d05e07c02b.jpg
0d5dfbdd7d45e9685b10be1d5d53eb6c.jpg
89361baedf76290c7303cace3c7d97f0.jpg
c10460b513a2a630cb3c7c7585ebd406.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lets put the whoa down brakes on for a moment - you custom built this for a customer, and they have already decided to get rid of it?? Too big for narrow east coast stuff, but love that machine.

He had it at his cabin for a few years (we finished the cab in early 2015), but he had some health issues in his family and needed to let it go in a hurry so we helped him out.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Great looking Tucker!! A couple of questions:

- I'm curious. Do you recall where you sourced the sliding windows for the two additional side doors?

- Are those Dana 60 axles?

The windows came from a set of used doors our customer had. We used the them and the latches. We sourced the door hinges from a marine supplier. Yes the axles are 60s. The machine was built at Tucker as a 2542.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
The windows came from a set of used doors our customer had. We used the them and the latches. We sourced the door hinges from a marine supplier. Yes the axles are 60s. The machine was built at Tucker as a 2542.

Thanks for the information. Last night I was thinking about your Tucker and its carrier configuration and track width. Doing the math, the tracks have about 12% more surface area than a standard width, long track Tucker. But, I suspect the configuration is more "weight efficient" as you have extra grouser width, extra belt length and longer axle tubes and axle shafts, but you don't have the extra idler wheels, extra carrier length, extra spindles nor the additional weight of the center sections (the heaviest part) of the additional grousers, which have the ice cleats and the wheel guides.

Typically the wide track Tuckers of this vintage were 2700 series machines; heavy-duty, wide tracks and long carriers. But the extra weight more than made up for the extra flotation. I think it was more about generating traction than flotation, but your 2544 has both!

Yours is a very cool machine!!!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A fine rubber track specimen getting some much deserved recognition.

I went to the stash and found some windows “removed” with doors which as of late is all rage for fetching top dollar.

The buyer will get free shipping on the bus they came out of. Let the bidding begin !

PS mirrors included

Attachments

• 1447AA36-8F3C-4607-92DD-ABB97904A3CE.jpg
    1447AA36-8F3C-4607-92DD-ABB97904A3CE.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 156