• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It went from 70 to raining and cold the past few days and I sure am feeling it.
The leg I bent up in my truck wreck and my left hip are bothering me.
You're telling me. My internal barometer is going off the charts. No need for a check on the weather forecast for me to know what's coming. Back and both legs are throbbing. Whole left side of my body is tingling. What a fun way to spend Christmas eve. Sitting on the chair barely able to stand or move. Oh well. It's Christmas and I'm still here. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's just the right weather here now and has been for a couple of days.
December weather.
No white Christmas tho.
38 and overcast tomorrow.
Monday.. 60 degrees and rain.
I'll take it.

bill w

almost 40 degrees warmer than it was 4 years ago on christmas day....gotta love global warming. snow arrived late, but over a foot on the ground now and looks like a huge storm is coming on wed.they say maybe 10 to 16 inches more. i'll take snow over -40 below any day...Bill w:clap:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, the sunshine didn't last long. The wind turned back from the south, the humidity went through the roof and it clouded over again. The temperature did jump back up to 70°F but with the humidity and cold ground, everything is soaking wet. I wake up in the morning to mist and fog. This weather is getting depressing!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This storm reminded me of Obama. A lot of hype leading up to it but very little action once it got here other than a lot of wind.

We did get a few inches of snow overnight but nothing like they were calling for.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Snow mostly gone, gonna rain today, and almost 52. Tomorrow will be about 35 and partly sunny.

Now what's the difference between partly sunny and partly cloudy? :unsure:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
59°F

Attachments

• wx.jpg
    wx.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 132

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well that storm was a dud. First forecast for 30-40cms. Ended up with about 3 inches total. Now it's +3 and raining. I'm used to -40 and 3ft of snow at Christmas.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This was in Winnipeg Manitoba. Same storm we were supposed to get boxing day.

693ab2e16e18ebcc2e263475e3a9adc7.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're now in a severe windchill warning. -45c temp outside right now with the wind. If that were in Toronto they'd shut the city down and call in the national guard. Up here, just another day. School buses are still running. Life goes on.

Bamby

Honestly for me -49 F is almost incomprehensible to relate too, The coldest temperature I've been exposed to here is -22 F which is plenty cold enough but still a long, long way from -49.

Currently here: Slightly cloudy, Calm wind 32 F , Friday the 13th and upcoming full moon tonight.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Funny you should mention the full moon. I just finished taking a picture of the moon just to try out my zoom on the new to me cell phone. Came out fairly clear. My old s5 would have been very blurry

87616b72e7897d0743f736f0ee4f9654.jpg

bill w

well they just updated our weather and it's a lot better. instead of the -50 below f they had called for ,we are looking at -30 below and about 8 inches of fresh snow.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's supposed to be in the low 70s today. The wind has dropped from its previous 50 mph plus. It could be very pleasant outside today. Three days ago, it never got above freezing. With swings like that, no wonder I am having trouble with my allergies.

bill w

my digital weather station only goes to -40 below and it's been there since last night at 10 pm.my outdoor mercury one says -49 f and they say we already reached our high for today...supposed to keep falling all day and be well below -50 all night....this ought to thin out the timid ones living up here. due to the woodstove i'm using it's 130 degrees warmer inside than outside...Bill w:brows::brows:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The weather has been miserable for days. The temperature is not too bad but it's been damp, drizzly and misty. Bands of heavy showers pass through every now and again. Right now it's pouring but 5 minutes from now it'll be back to a steady drizzle.

I took the trash down to the gate this morning and that could be my work for the day. It's getting to be a little depressing. If I wanted weather like this, I would have stayed in Scotland. :hammer:

bill w

just noticed my security cameras quit working at -50 f down to one camera out of 4. the new update says we may have 20 mph wind....that will make it even better...Bill w

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm feeling this damp weather tonight. 2 celcius and raining when it was minus 40 last week. This isn't good. Deep frost in the ground and lack of snow to insulate now everything is saturated. When it freezes and it will there will be frozen and busted water lines everywhere.
I'm also concerned about the northern communities that are only accessible by winter roads. With this mild temperature they might not be able to get in all the supplies they need to survive till next winter.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Got real foggy out yesterday and today. I can hardly see across the court yard. 41 right now going up to 50 today, tomorrow rain and 41

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's been foggy here too. Almost to zero visibility. Mix that with the rain that froze overnight and the roads and sidewalks are slicker than the Exxon oil spill.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Look at our weather again for the next week. Starting to piss me off. Since the 7th of december til today, we had 3 days we didn't have to work at the snow. We have had some nice days but then we have to blow snow to get ready for the next storm, or if we have wind we have to clear snow drifts. Really starting to piss me off!

Attachments

• Doc1.docx
    224.8 KB · Views: 91

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
As far as snow goes back home which is only 3 hrs away they have close to 4 ft on the level. Here, we get lake effect from lake superior so it snows less. We generally get spring close to a month before they do

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The sun broke through late yesterday and today is beautiful although a bit breezy. It's supposed to get to 70°F today and with that wind, things should start to dry out. I sure hope so. All next week is supposed to be clear and sunny but the temperature is supposed to drop to the mid 50s. PERFECT.

I will have to break out of my post Christmas lethargy and actually get something done outside. Lord only knows, there is enough of it to do.

Leni

Pouring rain here. I'm not complaining though, we need it. The problem is mudslides and flooding.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We don't need it. Its causing problems with localized flooding because all of the storm drains are blocked with ice. The water has nowhere to go so it fills yards and seeps along the foundation into basements. Happened to us already this winter.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a bit of a cold spell last week but now we're into april weather. It stayed above freezing all night for the past couple nights. I thought we did good last year by camping in April. If this keeps up we'll be camping in march. It's now +5 celcius. Which is unheard of in northern Ontario in the middle of February.