• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree. You probably don't understand this but the medical terminology for it is "CLUSTERFUCK"!

You mean that word so often uttered by many of us in the healthcare field for the past almost 5 months?
Yup, we know all about that.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you Spc. Valentine US Army National Guard for the kind and gentle testing. :smile:
2 cm up each nostril/ 10 seconds each in a swab swirl.
Eyes watering like a sonofa*****.
Results in 24-48 hours.

Thought of you guys when I saw this :th_lmao:

Attachments

• 933ABBD6-BCE9-41D6-9D02-2BE202300A1D.jpeg
    933ABBD6-BCE9-41D6-9D02-2BE202300A1D.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 47

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
P_G, keep in mind that when you leave work, go to a restaurant and ask someone to pass you the salt, don't describe it. :)

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went down to the shop this morning before the help showed up and mitered the square tube I cut for the solar panel frames. More material ordered for the other 4, I will weld these tomorrow so I can figure out the mounting brackets on the top of the container. Just like the Johnny Cash song, one piece at a time. I hope to get the container ready for the mountain in a month or so.

Attachments

• IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0968.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 45

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
PG, be thankful that you're not in Texas. In order to try and keep it out of nursing homes, testing is mandated every 2 weeks. That came too late to help the nursing home in the little town just to the north of us. Two employees introduced it and before anyone knew it they had 30 cases and 5 deaths, the only deaths in the county.

It was so hot, muggy and nasty today that I couldn't whip up any enthusiasm to do anything. I had planned on cutting hedges which I hate doing so I was looking for any excuse to put it off. The only thing that I could come up with was a booze emergency. I made a liquor run for some beer and a boatload of Scotch. It's not that I was in a bind for either but it was the only thing that I could come up with to avoid the hedges. Now, unless I start taking a bath in it, I should have enough Scotch to get real close to Christmas.

The hedges will be waiting for me tomorrow. I can handle the temperature but the humidity is horrendous.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We finally met our neighbors down the road. My wife actually met her at the variety store down the road. We decided to invite them over for a fire the other night. Then they had us over the next day so the kids could swim in their pool. They have 2 kids as well.

Anyways, he was telling me how he makes his own baloney sausages etc. Well somehow I got voluntold that they were making a batch of homemade baloney and sausage meat today starting at 9.

It was alright. We ran 35 lbs of meat through a grinder, had a beer while it cooled in the freezer, then ran it through a second time. Had another beer while it cooled in the freezer again. Then ran it through a big mixer with a special blend of spices. Then another beer. Then pressed it into a tube where it went back into the freezer to chill before going into a smoker for 6 hours. After the smoker it's placed in a large pot of boiling water to basically shock it. It should be ready tomorrow. We ended up with 6 sleeves of baloney all 18 inches long.
b7bb4bd6e9ccf339e35a46dc49e322fc.jpg

83af86e2e890b166c2d02fea07600284.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
PG, be thankful that you're not in Texas. In order to try and keep it out of nursing homes, testing is mandated every 2 weeks. That came too late to help the nursing home in the little town just to the north of us. Two employees introduced it and before anyone knew it they had 30 cases and 5 deaths, the only deaths in the county.

I know.
Cases have risen because of the testing now in Henry county.
This was to be expected.
I do not expect any of our residents to show testing positive, I don't expect any of us will either.
No deaths from anything remotely related to covid where I work.
I can't say none of us will be positive, but right now don't think so.
Now go back to February and then yes.
Too bad we aren't being tested for antibodies.
That would be a whole new ball game.
Looks like DeWine is calling for areas of the Buckeye state to shut down again.
Here we go.....
<screaming>

Last edited by a moderator:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
And then, a mere 10 minutes ago, one of the young gals from work sent me a picture she snapped before the testing took place this morning.
In Facebook messenger.
We were told phones OFF.
No pictures.
It was from the dining room area with all of the 8 Guard medics standing there.
Why do people do these things?
This isn't exactly HIPAA, but for God sakes.
Told her if she shares that on social media, her ass is grass.
If and when our facility decides to post anything about it, they will on our social media page.
:smileywac

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
And then, a mere 10 minutes ago, one of the young gals from work sent me a picture she snapped before the testing took place this morning.
In Facebook messenger.
We were told phones OFF.
No pictures.
It was from the dining room area with all of the 8 Guard medics standing there.
Why do people do these things?
This isn't exactly HIPAA, but for God sakes.
Told her if she shares that on social media, her ass is grass.
If and when our facility decides to post anything about it, they will on our social media page.
:smileywac

Back in the last century if you did something stupid unless someone saw you nobody knew. Now in the age of smart phones and the internet The entire world knows within minutes! :hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Back in the last century if you did something stupid unless someone saw you nobody knew. Now in the age of smart phones and the internet The entire world knows within minutes! :hammer:

She scuttled off to lick her wounds because I put the hammer down.
:th_lmao:
Same kid who left work because she was "sick" a while back.
I swear to God.
Lol

Bannedjoe

Here's a little video I made today updating the progress at Fort Joe.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1656qv7sYs8[/ame]

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I pay my buddy's daughter to clean my apartment. She will be here in about 90 minutes. I'm going to leave and get out of her way, so I'll be in Council Bluffs early to meet a young lady for lunch who is part of Veterans for Trump group. We'll go over some strategies for the election. She and is a Veteran and that is a good thing. The presidential elections start in Iowa so it's an important place for politicians.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's cooler than it's been outside.
I'm doing the park walk, then going over to work to look at the schedule to see what all the fuss is about.
I'll end up picking up some extra days because I can't say no.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The hedges are still calling me but I'm trying to ignore them. It's shaping up to be another hot and humid one. I've got to get those darned hedges done before I mow, probably at the beginning of next week. Otherwise, I'm taking things pretty easy.

Joe, you do good work. I love those Dutch doors. I also wish that I had your energy. No more big projects for me.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The hedges are still calling me but I'm trying to ignore them. It's shaping up to be another hot and humid one. I've got to get those darned hedges done before I mow, probably at the beginning of next week. Otherwise, I'm taking things pretty easy.

Joe, you do good work. I love those Dutch doors. I also wish that I had your energy. No more big projects for me.

You got a bush hog? Mine has a “dehedge” setting. :bolt:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to shop again before the help starts, got the 2- frames I mitered yesterday welded up. I put a v to weld so I could get a full penetration that lays down flat for when the panel bolts on. this will be my morning routine until I get all the frames and mounts completed.Then the work will be on top the container.

Attachments

• IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0969.jpg
    IMG_0969.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 58

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the woods and cut out more of the 'hanging tree' that was suspended by grape vines and hanging over one of our paths. Got the last piece down and cut into firewood. A lot of dead grape vine is still there, but a lot of it is gone too. I was just glad to get the last 20' section of tree down and cut up.

Now my wrist and hand hurts. But I expected that. Damn arthritis. Chain saw does it to me every time but my wrist and hand will get better quick enough.

Not sure what the plans are for the rest of the day. It is actually under 80 degrees today, first time that has happened in the past couple of weeks.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the city to get gas and diesel and refill a propane tank for camp. Went to try out some of the meat we made up yesterday. DELICIOUS! I'm not a baloney fan but this stuff is awesome.

Heading to camp soon with a few of the kids. My wife is staying home with the oldest 3.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We "FINALLY" received all the components to begin packaging the masks for the airlines. The ear strings are a B!tch! But after about 6 hours of redneck engineering, we got 'er done.

So, 10,000 packages done,
9,990,000 to go

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Thank you Spc. Valentine US Army National Guard for the kind and gentle testing. :smile:
2 cm up each nostril/ 10 seconds each in a swab swirl.
Eyes watering like a sonofa*****.
Results in 24-48 hours.

Did you find out today if you have any corona-boogers in your nose or will it be tomorrow?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, at 8 o'clock this morning it was 85°F and humid as all get out. I was looking for a good excuse not to go do the hedges but couldn't come up with one and then I stumbled across it ... literally. I got my working clothes on and stepped out the kitchen door and tripped over the cat, staggered down the short ramp and went head first in to my wife's car. Damn it hurt. I love that cat. It's totally mental. It is the most loving cat I've ever known but it does like to get in to your feet and rub herself against you even when you're walking. One of these days I'm going to step on her and kill her. Anyway, I've a bump on my head and my right shoulder hurts like hell. I may just shoot that ginger fluffball tomorrow. :wink: No, not really but I did get to put the hedges off for a couple of days.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, at 8 o'clock this morning it was 85°F and humid as all get out. I was looking for a good excuse not to go do the hedges but couldn't come up with one and then I stumbled across it ... literally. I got my working clothes on and stepped out the kitchen door and tripped over the cat, staggered down the short ramp and went head first in to my wife's car. Damn it hurt. I love that cat. It's totally mental. It is the most loving cat I've ever known but it does like to get in to your feet and rub herself against you even when you're walking. One of these days I'm going to step on her and kill her. Anyway, I've a bump on my head and my right shoulder hurts like hell. I may just shoot that ginger fluffball tomorrow. :wink: No, not really but I did get to put the hedges off for a couple of days.

OUCH! Get some rest, hope you feel better soon! Pet the cat for us:bolt:.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Right now? Sitting by the fire at camp relaxing playing guitar. Later? Who knows. Maybe a swim in the lake. No set plans. It's camp.
693e7423a3639d892214fd0b6d69f2dd.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Here I am up and around before 6am, and I don't even work today.
Yesterday was good. A short 8 hours lol
Before you ask Lenny, nope.. no covid testing results as yet.
Probably won't be until later on in the week.
I was asking a friend at the healthcare center where I used to be employed about theirs.
They got tested a few days before us and still haven't heard anything.
It's the sheer volume of tests going on at the moment!

Today is numero uno son Jeff's birthday.
42!
He (and number 1 grandbug) are getting treated to Red Lobster this evening to celebrate.
He wants to go to the one in Toledo.
That's fine with me.
:smile:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Here I am up and around before 6am, and I don't even work today.
Yesterday was good. A short 8 hours lol
Before you ask Lenny, nope.. no covid testing results as yet.
Probably won't be until later on in the week.
I was asking a friend at the healthcare center where I used to be employed about theirs.
They got tested a few days before us and still haven't heard anything.
It's the sheer volume of tests going on at the moment!

Today is numero uno son Jeff's birthday.
42!
He (and number 1 grandbug) are getting treated to Red Lobster this evening to celebrate.
He wants to go to the one in Toledo.
That's fine with me.
:smile:

Did they tell you 24 to 48 hours? Oh well....best wishes.

Tell your son HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of us! I hope y'all enjoy the meal.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Did they tell you 24 to 48 hours? Oh well....best wishes.

Tell your son HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of us! I hope y'all enjoy the meal.

Thank you.

Yes, we were told 24-48 hours.
That was the administrator's guess.
I'm guessing we had to be told something.
:chris:

Status
Not open for further replies.