• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Toons For The Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamby

pback-quarantine-family-school.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:clap::clap:

Attachments

• toons153.jpg
    toons153.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 145
  • toons154.jpg
    toons154.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 154

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Babbyship.jpg

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

I was going to comment on this about our goods being too expensive to sell. Then I read instead of just looking at the picture. Bamby said it.

I do want to add this. "Cheap Labor", low to no government oversight have been the holy grail since the Industrial revolution started. At first, we abused the Italians, Chinese and Irish. Called them names gave them the dirty work. Other nationalities and such followed. Workers formed unions, then better working conditions were desired and OSHA cam into being. The air started to get polluted and the EPA was born.

Onward we searched. Japan - Hey! they just lost a war, labor is cheap let's manufacture there. off we went. The workers and government wised up and India raised it's hand "Here! We have cheap labor and low restriction." And so it came to be. China popped up. "Hey! We're a communist country lots of people to exploit, rock bottom labor cost little regulation."

Through CV-19 it has been published that parts of China that have not been seen in a long time are now viable from space. The same in India.

So, what's my point? Should we bring manufacturing back here, The EPA, OSHA and the fifteen dollar minimum wage await. Bamby said it better and shorter. LOL

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
View attachment 126164

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

I was going to comment on this about our goods being too expensive to sell. Then I read instead of just looking at the picture. Bamby said it.

I do want to add this. "Cheap Labor", low to no government oversight have been the holy grail since the Industrial revolution started. At first, we abused the Italians, Chinese and Irish. Called them names gave them the dirty work. Other nationalities and such followed. Workers formed unions, then better working conditions were desired and OSHA cam into being. The air started to get polluted and the EPA was born.

Onward we searched. Japan - Hey! they just lost a war, labor is cheap let's manufacture there. off we went. The workers and government wised up and India raised it's hand "Here! We have cheap labor and low restriction." And so it came to be. China popped up. "Hey! We're a communist country lots of people to exploit, rock bottom labor cost little regulation."

Through CV-19 it has been published that parts of China that have not been seen in a long time are now viable from space. The same in India.

So, what's my point? Should we bring manufacturing back here, The EPA, OSHA and the fifteen dollar minimum wage await. Bamby said it better and shorter. LOL

I would rather pay a little more for a better product that my neighbor made. Support your neighbors not Communists.Those Communists are not forcing you to buy the crap. You have the power just stop buying it. Its only too expensive if your too cheap to pay for a better product made by your neighbor.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• toons156.JPG
    toons156.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 144

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc - I agree with all you said. I am not in agreement with the fifteen dollar wage, but it is being thrust upon us. Even at a lower amount we still cannot compete. For sake of discussion, let's say that labor is roughly 50% of cost of goods sold. In China the wage is $.90. This chart puts at $7.90. We cannot afford to pay for the goods that would be made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country

Status
Not open for further replies.