• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fox News host Gretchen Carlson files sexual harassment suit

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't know Gretchen was fired from FOX. I didn't realize she was taken off of FOX and Friends morning show. I loved her there but they gave her a two oclock show slot and I have not seen much of her since. I thought she was the best to wake up to in the morning.

She probably has more than is mentioned in the article, otherwise a whole lot of guys could be up for a sexual harassment suit.

------

Fox News host Gretchen Carlson files sexual harassment suit against CEO Roger Ailes alleging she was fired from network after 11 years for refusing to sleep with him

Gretchen Carlson has filed a sexual harassment suit against Fox News CEO Roger Ailes
Carlson, 50, alleges that she was fired after 11 years with the network when she refused to sleep with Ailes
She also claims that Ailes, 75, called her 'sexy' but 'too much hard work' and said he had 'slept' with three former Miss Americas but never her
Carlson also accuses her former Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy of 'pervasive sexual harassment' in her complaint
She is requesting compensation for her mental anguish and punitive damages in her suit, and asking for a jury trial
'I had to stand up for myself and speak out for all women and the next generation of women in the workplace,' said Carlson in a statement
Fox News has yet to respond to a request for comment from DailyMail.com

Lots more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ired-network-11-years-refusing-sleep-him.html

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
First I have heard about this. She lost a lot of respect and favor with me after she came out in favor of an "Assault" weapons ban live on the air. Fair to say that did not sit well with me and I avoided listening to much of what she had to say after that.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't know Gretchen was fired from FOX. I didn't realize she was taken off of FOX and Friends morning show. I loved her there but they gave her a two oclock show slot and I have not seen much of her since. I thought she was the best to wake up to in the morning.

She probably has more than is mentioned in the article, otherwise a whole lot of guys could be up for a sexual harassment suit.

------

Fox News host Gretchen Carlson files sexual harassment suit against CEO Roger Ailes alleging she was fired from network after 11 years for refusing to sleep with him

Gretchen Carlson has filed a sexual harassment suit against Fox News CEO Roger Ailes
Carlson, 50, alleges that she was fired after 11 years with the network when she refused to sleep with Ailes
She also claims that Ailes, 75, called her 'sexy' but 'too much hard work' and said he had 'slept' with three former Miss Americas but never her
Carlson also accuses her former Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy of 'pervasive sexual harassment' in her complaint
She is requesting compensation for her mental anguish and punitive damages in her suit, and asking for a jury trial
'I had to stand up for myself and speak out for all women and the next generation of women in the workplace,' said Carlson in a statement
Fox News has yet to respond to a request for comment from DailyMail.com

Lots more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ired-network-11-years-refusing-sleep-him.html

You are way ahead of me. I didn't know she was hired.

What we have here is someone who is pissed off because she was fired. In spite of her allegations, we don't know why.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe my TV guide is wrong but at 2PM, the lineup still has her show listed.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe my TV guide is wrong but at 2PM, the lineup still has her show listed.

Naw, Miss America is history. Her day is now consumed with writing endless checks to here attorneys. She'll be a busy girl doing that going up against all of Roger Aile's legal staff.

Best of luck to her.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't know anything about it.

I did turn the TV on during a "cool off" break this week and noticed that she wasn't on her show. I assumed that she was taking some time off. We'll just have to see how this plays out.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What we have here is someone who is pissed off because she was fired. In spite of her allegations, we don't know why.

I do think you nailed it jimbo. Today the CEO is saying much the same. It's all about ratings and her show did not cut it. I work so I never watched it anyway, but the little I did see of it sucked.

If there was chit like this going on at Fox I suspect some of the other beauties would be jumping on the bandwagon. I liked Gretchen but I did not realize she came out for an assault weapon ban. :bonk: That would turn off a lot of viewers, including me.

As a part of the morning team she seemed to fit and thrive. On her own not so much. From the allegations I read I doubt anything comes of this. Especially since she references a comment back in Sept but said nothing of it till she was canned from her show for low ratings.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
.... In spite of her allegations, we don't know why.

Perhaps, it was because of some of her stupid comments, like this one :"...ISIS is more humane than Obama because at least ISIS just exploded bombs..where Obama actually killed people with drones..."

:yum:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd still like to know what an assault weapon is. I know I can assault somebody pretty well with a sharp pencil.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
It'll be a bunch of he said, she said, they'll write her a big check and it'll all go under the rug.
Mike

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, turns out Ailes is a big, fat perverted slob and is now being called the Bill Cosby of the media.

:puke1:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks PG. :thumb: Yep, this could do the old fart in. Sounds like it is deserved. You'd think one gets wiser with age. Sounds like his position / power went to his head ....his wrong head. :eek:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I do think you nailed it jimbo. Today the CEO is saying much the same. It's all about ratings and her show did not cut it. I work so I never watched it anyway, but the little I did see of it sucked.

If there was chit like this going on at Fox I suspect some of the other beauties would be jumping on the bandwagon. I liked Gretchen but I did not realize she came out for an assault weapon ban. :bonk: That would turn off a lot of viewers, including me.

As a part of the morning team she seemed to fit and thrive. On her own not so much. From the allegations I read I doubt anything comes of this. Especially since she references a comment back in Sept but said nothing of it till she was canned from her show for low ratings.

I do agree her show was lacking to the point of yeah, it sucked. But she was tops in her time slot. That said, her morning co-hosting was excellent. So if her NEW show sucked, why did FOX not invent a new project for her.

There is more than we have been allowed to see here.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice piece of change for Miss America.

Oh, and she gets publicly vindicated of all this by a public apology from FNC.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
No, it was all about Ailes being a fucking fat pervert and Carlson getting what is due to her.

Sorry, but it was all about money. Had she really been sexually assaulted and abused you would think she would want to see justice done. However, wave a vast amount of money in front of her and magically everything is OK.

She is a political opportunist who wanted more money and she got it. Andrea what her name is following in Gretchen's foot steps in the hopes of getting the same.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No doubt there is a little bit of truth to both PG's and Mr. L's opinions. Gretchen did not file for a year and a half after the incident, and after her show was canceled. Seemed odd. But she must've had something on him more than was stated or they sure would not have paid out a fortune like that. The one thing for sure, Ailes was a slimeball.