• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

On dog sitting duty this weekend.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Tsaw don't have much drama in his life, but my boss has a full grown black lab. About 8 years old. I have a cat about 2 years old. The cat has never been around a dog, and the dog never seen a cat.
So I come home.. and the cat is either in the house or off somewhere outside. (depending on if Diana came home for lunch and let the cat in or out)
I let the lab out of the car.. and there was no cat around. So far so good. I open the door to let the dog in.. he goes right in. Makes a walk around the house. Goes into my bedroom - and i hear a SIIIIISHHHH.. dog comes right out of the bedroom. My cat was sleeping on my bed. Hair raised at leat 3 inches high after seeing this intruder. The lab was checking out the house.. The cat came into the kitchen.. in defensive mode.. dog sees cat.. goes right up to cat for a hello. Cat hissed and threw it's claws right at the dogs nose. LUCKY for me and the dog.. missed getting his nose ripped. SO I put the cat outside.
Meanwhile it was suppertime for the dog, so i got a bowl of water and a bowl of dog food. Then went and checked e-mail. Then I heard a rukis going on. Went to investigate.. and the dog was eating the cat's food... and the cat could see through the screen door into the kitchen. Not a happy cat!! Not only did this strange large animal invade his home.. but was eating his food~ So I took the cat's food bowl away.. and the dog finished his supper. Now.. the dog is acting like he has to take a dump. In the mean time the cat wants in -but wont come in and the dog won't go out!
I open the door and the cat is furious about the dog being in the house, wants a piece of his snout. So.. I nudged the cat off the porch and the dog finally goes outside to go pody. Then - there is a tree right next to the door that the cat climbs into - and starts talking shit to the dog. Dog is scared - wont come when called. Won't even come when offered a treat. Now of course it starts pouring rain! I can't get the cat to come in or the dog! When I go after the dog he runs away. OH SHIT!!! Too much DRAMA! When you babysit a child or dog.. you are given awesome responsibility. You cannot fail. So what was the solution? Get the ball out that was packed along. Play ball in the poring rain. LOL Then - when I could - grab the dog's collar.. and bring him in the house. Of COURSE when the dog got in he shaked off a gallon of water all over the kitchen.:yum::yum: The cat stayed up in the tree having a coniption fit untill Diana got home. She showed the cat that he was still king.. and the dog was harmless. Now I don't have a pic of them getting along... but this will be suffice.

Attachments

• 5322.jpg
    5322.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 46

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Funny.
I've had similar first times meetings with cats and dogs. Never a dull moment for sure. :yum:
Eventually they always work something out and co exist .... Sometimes I think people could learn a lot from these animals and how they handle these types of situations.

Oh yeah, I could use a sitter for our 130lb Great Dane next weekend. It's Sternwheeler weekend so we'll need a sitter for Friday Saturday and Sunday. What do you say Tom? You interested?

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Sure would be doc! However, I already am committed for next weekend.:whistling: