• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Inverter Generators

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Just bought a Champion Inverter Generator 2000 watt for the camper . It is very quiet 52DB's and carb complainant for EPA standards .It is also a stackable unit so two can be run together to double the wattage output . It will only be used as a back up to the system . Its a 4 stroke and will only run at the rpm that it needs to produce the amount of electricity that is demanded at the time .

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Just bought a Champion Inverter Generator 2000 watt for the camper . It is very quiet 52DB's and carb complainant for EPA standards .It is also a stackable unit so two can be run together to double the wattage output . It will only be used as a back up to the system . Its a 4 stroke and will only run at the rpm that it needs to produce the amount of electricity that is demanded at the time .

I've never had a Champion but you see them advertised all over the place and the specs are about the same as my Yamaha. They get pretty good reviews.

Have you tried it out on the camper yet?. Sometimes a 2 kW is close to being borderline for RVs.

My Yamaha has one of those variable rpm switches to adjust the output to the load but you are supposed to use it only when what you are running is drawing a constant load. You're not suppose to run it in that mode when powering fridges and a/c units which have a high starting load.

Have fun on your fishing trip and I'll be waiting for a report. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have one of those generators as well. Super quiet and nice running machine.

Champion "seems" to be a good product. They're products are being re-badged now for other well respected companies (e.g. Cabela's) so their product has to be decent.

I have the 2KW inverter as well as a pair of the 3500W. Haven't used them really in a long-term situation so I can't speak for their longevity. I'm not really worried about a genset working flawlessly long term since I have a whole pile of gensets (9 or 10).

jwstewar

When I bought a generator for our camper - occasional use, I wanted one of the Honda 3000s or a pair of Honda 2000s. Unfortunately, the budget wasn't there for a "want." So I settled for one of the Champion 3500s from TSC for around $300 at that time. I think I got it for $250 on sale. Any way, it isn't a Honda, but it sure does run well. Not super quiet, but not real loud either. Once in the camper with the A/C on, you can't hear it. When we lost power a couple of years back, mine ran for 3 days straight without a hiccup. Once done, I changed the oil and it is good to go. Starts on the 1st or 2nd pull every time. I've thought about a pair of the Champion inverters, but at this point it is still a want, so it hasn't bubbled to the top yet.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
At 52DB's it is quiet . Real quiet . So far ,so good !

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
At 52DB's it is quiet . Real quiet . So far ,so good !

Sounds like you bought a winner. That's even quieter than my Yamaha which is the quietest darned generator that I've ever been around. When my old Sears 3800 watt generator bites the dust, which could be at any time, I'll have to give the Champion a serious look.