• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Linux Mint

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Has anyone tried it? It comes from a different distributor than Ubuntu. It's supposed to be easier to learn to use than Ubuntu as it's controls are very Windows like.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
I have not tried it. I do use Ubuntu. There is so much documentation available for Ubuntu that with not very much searching you can do whatever you want easily. The latest Distro's are very windows like.

Since it's Linux there is a common thread under the hid.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm ready for Linux on my Asus laptop. I had considered loading VMware or a free virtual server software to run windows and linux. Wish I had now. I can't get into the blank screen Asus no matter what I do.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm thinking about installing it on my old desktop. I just don't know if If it can handle it. I'm running the light Ubuntu called Lubuntu on it now.