• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mopar flashback

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
sweet charger.jpg

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice, but I'm not feeling the air damn and the cheezy snap-on bodywork. Also... even IF that air-damn were put to work (high speed on the track) the ass end would need a wing to offset the affect of the air damn.

But aside from that, I like it!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Took a fifty thousand dollar collector and turned it into a ten thousand dollar mistake. Ruined.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I can do with out that ugly lip that would make Mic Jagger envious, and the rear tires just don't look muscle car enough but I have always loved big block Chryslers

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't care for the air damn either but otherwise it is SWEET!!! :thumb:

Kewl wheels.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I do not believe a shaker hood was an option on the B bodies. Any year. Any model. Another non original mod to go with that horrendous front air dam. I do not believe that little stick on phoney air scoop in front of the rear tire was something they did either.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I do not believe a shaker hood was an option on the B bodies. Any year. Any model. Another non original mod to go with that horrendous front air dam. I do not believe that little stick on phoney air scoop in front of the rear tire was something they did either.

Agree completely. The mods on this car are more appropriate on a Nissan Sentra.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I cannot believe allthetrash talk i read about this car.

the engine bay is flawless,there actually is a rear fin and the Stainless steel air dam is well executied. paint job seems flwless as well as being understated.

As for the rear, I gaurrenttee they cut outthe floor pans to fit those babies in there.

Back in it's day that was how we did things. Especialy an air dam. Nobody made that after market stuff. Laugh if you want but while I would not have modded the car that way but I'd be happy to own it.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Ya, trash talk on a trashed car.

Look, the guys that own concourse muscle cars similar to this one but original, are happier than chit that the guy with this one screwed it up.

Like said, 50k car turned into a 10k car. Or maybe it's a 100k car turned into a 20k car. whatever, huge reduction in value.

I've got 2 2.3 16v 190e cars, an 86 and an 87. I love it when I see some punk get one in mint condition and then proceed to rice it out or screw it up somehow.

With only a couple thousand brought to the US, and the 87's were mostly automatics, yup, let these butchers butcher their cars up. Every time they do, mine get more rare and more valuable. We need rednecks.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope it is a parts car, made up of several cars that were all but junk and saved. SO many "ground up restoration" cars these days were what would be considered junk 25 years ago. But time and a rotting corpse have a way of comming back to life when they are worth enough.

If it was a no numbers match hodge podge of parts, hey who am I to even say my opinion, if the owner likes it well enough....But as soon as I can, I will turn my head and chuckle a bit...:wink:

It would be alot cooler with a super bird front clip....maybe the rear with the wing too....:clap:

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Ya, trash talk on a trashed car.

Look, the guys that own concourse muscle cars similar to this one but original, are happier than chit that the guy with this one screwed it up.

Like said, 50k car turned into a 10k car. Or maybe it's a 100k car turned into a 20k car. whatever, huge reduction in value.

I've got 2 2.3 16v 190e cars, an 86 and an 87. I love it when I see some punk get one in mint condition and then proceed to rice it out or screw it up somehow.

With only a couple thousand brought to the US, and the 87's were mostly automatics, yup, let these butchers butcher their cars up. Every time they do, mine get more rare and more valuable. We need rednecks.

190e MB's? Yeah I hate it when someone tarts up a grocery getter like that.:yum:

Eye of the beholder thingy Waybomb. That Mopar is hardly a ricer with a fart can so, I just don't think it deserves all the negs.

Kane

Funny no one has mentioned the gangsta low-rider mod.

But, hey, with the exception of the gigantic hole in the hood (the original sin) the rest of the crap can come back off.

FOR SALE: 1 stick-on rear wing (fits all models); alum air damn (hardly used); 2 fake air scoops (small - universal fit); 1 can BONDO (unopened).

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking car. Looks like its all set up to drag race. front air dam to hold front end down. Wide profile tires. engine done up with a shaker hood. Roll bars installed on the inside. Suspension lowered to keep it on the ground. Screams drag car to me. Just my thoughts.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
60's muscle cars came from the factory with brute force and little else of note,,,,especialy Mopars. If you are a purist, leave it alone parked in a collectors museum.
Post #14 is an excellent example.

But to truely race them one had to modify.
The OP is an excellent example of that.

Happy motoring

BTW, the fender scoops on #14 are nonfunctional as well.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Funny no one has mentioned the gangsta low-rider mod.

But, hey, with the exception of the gigantic hole in the hood (the original sin) the rest of the crap can come back off.

FOR SALE: 1 stick-on rear wing (fits all models); alum air damn (hardly used); 2 fake air scoops (small - universal fit); 1 can BONDO (unopened).

Kane, perhaps youlioke this hood ornament better?
dodge_charger_rt_by_skylinetnm-d493mo5.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Correct, but they are original. Not something from JC Whitney. :biggrin:

We know nothing about the build of this car so it is hard to say JC whitney(boy is that a blast from the past) in connection with it. It may verywell be a ken Hensly who did this shaker hood with a NascarHemi at 800 HP.

I'm not sayin' it is , It just reminds me of that shop's work.

$(KGrHqVHJFQFGMOPJP6OBRoKfsF6v!~~60_1.JPG

There are Fugly versions out there and they go for big bucks. The one pictured here is up for $100 grand. It's not factory.

You know me, I prefer traditional stuff. I want my cars to look factory but with changes under the hood. However,,,,, there is a red stripe on my Crossie.

Kane

Kane, perhaps youlioke this hood ornament better?
dodge_charger_rt_by_skylinetnm-d493mo5.jpg

Oh, I agree. Much better, thanks ... as long as it's not OEM. Might be out-dated by now, if ya know what I mean. A mod like this should necessarily be updated from time to time.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang it! I post a pic of a Mopar and it descends into dissing mature women's butts. Ain't none of us a young Luke anymore either. IJS:yum:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
190e MB's? Yeah I hate it when someone tarts up a grocery getter like that.:yum:

Grocery getter that won at Nurburgring three years straight, almost every race, and in almost stock trim. Probably post race did go get some groceries too.
Only a few things DTM did to the cars and engines, and I happen to have a copy of every blueprint for every part DTM built for the race cars.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Grocery getter that won at Nurburgring three years straight, almost every race, and in almost stock trim. Probably post race did go get some groceries too.
Only a few things DTM did to the cars and engines, and I happen to have a copy of every blueprint for every part DTM built for the race cars.

I have no desrespect for '80's Benzes. They were my favorite. I owned four, a 350 SDL turbo a pair of 450SEL's and a 560 SEL. The last real Benzes made by some accounts.I just have trouble comparing the sexy muscular lines of a 190e to the common, plebean, economy line ChargerRT Hemi.

I still drive a Benz product. Two actually

One NA Crossfire and one AMG powered SRT6.

Both are modded, neither are tarted. And neither are good for groceries.

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
on mopar one the body work is outstanding with a nice paint job #2 looks right with tires with some sidewalls and centerline rims. those pimp looking wheels just don't work for me. I know that low profile side walls cost less and that is why every one is using them. as for me I will pay for rubber to have a big balloon sidewall on my jeep no 17 or 18 inch wheels for me

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
to be fair, we need these pics also

Attachments

• daisy_duke.jpg
    daisy_duke.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 92
  • daisy_duke7.jpg
    daisy_duke7.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 95
  • daisy-duke catherine bach calendar.jpg
    daisy-duke catherine bach calendar.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Daisy-Duke.jpg
    Daisy-Duke.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 98
  • daisy-duke1.jpg
    daisy-duke1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 96

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
That car, and the Torino/Talladega's, were not even touched by Chevy's. Those cars were dominate on the Superspeedways. Even then, the Ford's were competitive, because of early restrictions to the Hemi's(the first restictor plate motor).

Even on the strip, the Mopars tended to be more heavily restricted(else who could compete with Sox and Martin?)

Those were nice, but the heavy chevy's always smoked 'em.