• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Super Dude is sick

HGM

:yum: The part thats gonna work against you is the 4'10"...... But, on the other hand, you could jump up and sit on the radiator:D ... The inner cooler tube is a peice of cake(as long as you have a long extention):D ... Just be creative with your tools and its easy....:thumb:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
HGM said:
:yum: The part thats gonna work against you is the 4'10"...... But, on the other hand, you could jump up and sit on the radiator:D ... The inner cooler tube is a peice of cake(as long as you have a long extention):D ... Just be creative with your tools and its easy....:thumb:

Ah, well that's GOOD to know. Since really 5'11'and 210! Uhuh, and not one once of anything but muscle!!:whistle: Thanks for the vote of confidence, I'm gonna time myself ya know!!!:yum::tiphat::beer::beer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
johnday said:
Since really 5'11'and 210! Uhuh, and not one once of anything but muscle!!:whistle:
:yum: :puke1: :pat: :wtf: :poke: :bsflag2:

Sorry to hear the batteries didn't fix it :eek: :( but at 6 years old, you were probably due for new ones anyway.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
:yum: :puke1: :pat: :wtf: :poke: :bsflag2:

Sorry to hear the batteries didn't fix it :eek: :( but at 6 years old, you were probably due for new ones anyway.
What? You doubt my word? Well, I am 5'11" and 210#!!:pat::yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
johnday said:
What? You doubt my word? Well, I am 5'11" and 210#
You looked much shorter and less weight in that picture I saw of you awhile back. It's the one of you sitting next to some guy under a bridge. :whistle:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
The Super Dude lives. Took 4 hours total, not including parts chasing. What I found was the connector under the valve cover was half unplugged. The old harness looked good, but since it was apart, I changed it anyway. Man, where do these parts stores get their people? Auto Zone and Murrays didn't have the parts, so I called NAPA. The guy I talked to couldn't help me, so he kept being the middleman for one of their "experts". First he said he'd never heard of a Under Valve Cover wiring harness, and that no one ran wires in the valve cover. Next he said there's no such thing. I thanked the guy that was trying to help, and mentioned his buddy the "expert", ought to polish up on diesels. I felt sorry for the kid, and told him so, at least he was trying.
So, off to the International garage. Ofcourse they said. I like that place, plus I can drool over some big trucks there. After shelling out out the grand sum of $25.46, including a shim pack for the connector, I proudly waddled home, and went back to work. 2 hours later, everything buttoned up, then came the acid test. Damn it, it works!!!!!!!
Thanks for the help guys, I think I saved a bundle, and even learned a few things in the process.
Oh, one other thing, I pulled up code 1280 after I got done with everything. My book says it's ICP Circuit Out of Range Low, cleared the same, and it never came back. Oh jolly day!!!!:tiphat::beer::beer:

So, Greg, how much did I save?:confused::wave:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
You looked much shorter and less weight in that picture I saw of you awhile back. It's the one of you sitting next to some guy under a bridge. :whistle:

Ah geez Brian!!! Could you pick out the troll in that one?:yum::tiphat::beer::beer:

HGM

Cool, the 1280 was because I had you unplug the ICP... No problem..

Well, for a beginer, not bad.....

The labor time for a job like that with the tools you had available comes to a grand total of....... 1.5hrs... If you had the recomended scan tool you could have gotten a few more tenths out of it, and if it was customer pay, you may have gotten away with 3hrs, so really not bad:a1: ..

BTW, I did recomend the dealer, didnt I??:whistle: International counts too...:thumb:

Guess you were good with the original gasket, sometimes they will fall loose there was an issue with that on them.. Some guys would just super glue them in place:pat: ... But as you see it can be fixed right for cheap..:applause:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Cheap is right! I expected a lot more for the harness. The International garage gives me a discount, and even so with out it, they're still a lot cheaper than the Ford dealer.

So, I likey saved myself around $300? :tiphat::beer::beer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
johnday said:
So, I likey saved myself around $300? :tiphat::beer::beer:
Which will obviously be divided up amongst the posters to this thread as "consulting fees" :D :thumb:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
:yum:, Looks like somebodies on a roll.:yum::tiphat::beer::beer:

But yes, the Killians will be flowing tonight!!!:thumb:

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
johnday said:
:yum:, Looks like somebodies on a roll.:yum::tiphat::beer::beer:

But yes, the Killians will be flowing tonight!!!:thumb:
Does it taste better than powerservice ?.........Also how much of that total lean "200#+" is hair ?

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
TOMLESCOEQUIP said:
Does it taste better than powerservice ?.........Also how much of that total lean "200#+" is hair ?

Hey!!! I'm gonna get a haircut, maybe two!:yum::tiphat::beer::beer:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
johnday said:
The Super Dude lives. Took 4 hours total, not including parts chasing. What I found was the connector under the valve cover was half unplugged. The old harness looked good, but since it was apart, I changed it anyway. Man, where do these parts stores get their people? Auto Zone and Murrays didn't have the parts, so I called NAPA. The guy I talked to couldn't help me, so he kept being the middleman for one of their "experts". First he said he'd never heard of a Under Valve Cover wiring harness, and that no one ran wires in the valve cover. Next he said there's no such thing. I thanked the guy that was trying to help, and mentioned his buddy the "expert", ought to polish up on diesels. I felt sorry for the kid, and told him so, at least he was trying.
So, off to the International garage. Ofcourse they said. I like that place, plus I can drool over some big trucks there. After shelling out out the grand sum of $25.46, including a shim pack for the connector, I proudly waddled home, and went back to work. 2 hours later, everything buttoned up, then came the acid test. Damn it, it works!!!!!!!
Thanks for the help guys, I think I saved a bundle, and even learned a few things in the process.
Oh, one other thing, I pulled up code 1280 after I got done with everything. My book says it's ICP Circuit Out of Range Low, cleared the same, and it never came back. Oh jolly day!!!!:tiphat::beer::beer:

So, Greg, how much did I save?:confused::wave:

Congratz............Now go work a dog shift, it'll straighten you right up!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats John. Good joob!
You gotta admint, that is a weird place for a plug / wire harness. I cannot fathom why they would put it there.

HGM

Doc said:
Congrats John. Good joob!
You gotta admint, that is a weird place for a plug / wire harness. I cannot fathom why they would put it there.

Gota get the power to the injectors somehow;) ....The valve cover gasket is a harness too..

buy_25

Banned
PBinWA said:
What year is it? On my 99 I had a similar problem with the Glow Plug Relay. I replaced it twice and haven't had the problem since the last one (2-3 years ago).
PB
PB

Gee, nothing new with a ford GPR. I replaced them like popcorn when I had my old one. Ford needed to re-think there electrical on the 7.3, that never happened.

$70 every year for them was a joke. Typical Ford quality.

HGM

buy_25 said:
Gee, nothing new with a ford GPR. I replaced them like popcorn when I had my old one. Ford needed to re-think there electrical on the 7.3, that never happened.

$70 every year for them was a joke. Typical Ford quality.

:D Dont forget that was straight out of International's "brain bank"..:D