• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Woman who painted nails while driving found guilty of murdering motorcycle rider

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This was not an accident. It was willful negligence on her part. Criminal stupidity. An accident is when something like a tire comes off. Doing your nails and killing another human being because you don't have the good sense to drive and pay attention to the road isn't an accident.
She is responsible for her actions. In any just society her punishment would fit her crime.

True!!

An accident is when you hit a patch of black ice and roll your car. An accident is when you blow a tire and hit the ditch.

This was NOT an accident. Some bimbo putting on nail polish while driving is NOT an accident. Someone running over another person because they were talking on their cell phone is NOT an accident. Someone driving to fast in town and losing control of their vehicle is NOT an accident.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
This was not an accident. It was willful negligence on her part. Criminal stupidity. An accident is when something like a tire comes off. Doing your nails and killing another human being because you don't have the good sense to drive and pay attention to the road isn't an accident.
She is responsible for her actions. In any just society her punishment would fit her crime.

Wow some of Ya,ll make it really hard to discuss matters in a common sense way . Rob wants the gal to be put on probation & you want a public hanging . Both opposite extremes IMO . Lobo I dont know where the just society is you speak of , but we have mass murderers that the punishment dont fit the crime that we,ll be supporting till they die of natural causes .

One thing I think should happen in this as well as a lot of cases in Involuntary manslaughter , is their driving priveledges be revoked for ever or at least several years . They have to have some kind of punishment for their actions . If they get caught driving again . Prison time PERIOD . :hammer:

I gave my driving priveledge up because of dumbass people like this gal , Beats spending the rest of my days in prison for doing to them what I really think they deserve . I know my limits & I have a very low tolerence for people that have no respect for others . So I do whats best for my family , Myself & others & just stay the hell away from idiots . :w00t2:

I doubt anyone would even understand my situation or care , But it was my choice , damn shame other people cant handle their responsabilitys on their own without having to risk harm to others . :glare:

loboloco

Wow some of Ya,ll make it really hard to discuss matters in a common sense way . Rob wants the gal to be put on probation & you want a public hanging . Both opposite extremes IMO . Lobo I dont know where the just society is you speak of , but we have mass murderers that the punishment dont fit the crime that we,ll be supporting till they die of natural causes .

One thing I think should happen in this as well as a lot of cases in Involuntary manslaughter , is their driving priveledges be revoked for ever or at least several years . They have to have some kind of punishment for their actions . If they get caught driving again . Prison time PERIOD . :hammer:

I gave my driving priveledge up because of dumbass people like this gal , Beats spending the rest of my days in prison for doing to them what I really think they deserve . I know my limits & I have a very low tolerence for people that have no respect for others . So I do whats best for my family , Myself & others & just stay the hell away from idiots . :w00t2:

I doubt anyone would even understand my situation or care , But it was my choice , damn shame other people cant handle their responsabilitys on their own without having to risk harm to others . :glare:
Cowboy, this society here surely won't punish those who take human life on purpose or because they just don't care enough to act in a conscientious manner.
I consider this in the same category as DUI and killing another person. At that point in time I think a person has given away the right to their own life. I spent many years behind the wheel of a big truck and have seen this type of idiocy constantly repeated. It is a lack of respect for the lives of others that causes this kind of behavior. If a person has no respect for anothers life, why should we have any respect for theirs?

loboloco

Now you have gone way off track. No one said anything about death nor would I join any group to advocate that. And far as after she gets out no she won't be a threat as I hope she would have learned her lesson.

Face it she screwed up. Now she should face the penalties. If it was your mother, wife or child that was killed I guarantee you wouldn't be defending this person right now.

Actually thcri, I said she should have been convicted of murder and hung in front of the courthouse. Unlike Rob, I believe their is no excuse for this sort of behavior. Seen it too often. Yes, I advocate execution for deliberate murder or for willful homicide.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Rob has bought into the villain as victim mentality. Much like a burglar who gets bit by a dog INSIDE someone else's home. The lawbreaker has more rights than the homeowner in this case, and sues the homeowner. Then, some liberal dimwit jury awards the burglar damages.

If the law says 5 years, then 5 years is what she should get. And I also agree that driving privileges (not rights) should be suspended for an equal amount of time subsequent to her prison time.

FWIW, if the prisons are overcrowded, then build some more. And make them privately owned, not government controlled. No phone, no pool, no pets. I would not mind paying more in taxes to build new prisons to house the people that really belong behind bars.