• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

THE car you'd like to get your hands on...

RedRocker

Oh sure, you can have all those POS fancy cars, my first car was beyond cool, I've even seen one fly in the movies!!!
250px-Ford.anglia.105e.moors.arp.750pix.jpg

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
This is my favorite. Although it's not the exact same car, my first car was a 1962 Biscayne. I have two others in the works but they are not ready for any pictures yet. As a hint, my next favorite car is a 1969 Camaro big block. :thumb:

When I was a kid, my parents got a dealer driven '63 Impala. For a large car, it ran really good. It was a blue 2 door, SS327 4-speed. Had bucket seats, console, factory tach package. For a larger car with a small block, that thing would fly! My Mom suprised a few folks who thought they would pull away at a stop light. She could power shift that 4 speed very well. I remember being a kid in the back seat, while her and my aunt were giggling up front after they blew the doors off a few few folks:yum:

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Here's what I would like to get my hands on.

Attachments

• 1987_Buick_Grand_National.jpg
    1987_Buick_Grand_National.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 116

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
Some day when I'm rich and famous like Av8r3400...

Attachments

• Dodge_2500_Cummins.jpg
    Dodge_2500_Cummins.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 112

Ironman

Bugatti Veyron

A W-16 engine that can produce 1,001 horsepower
A top speed of 250+ mph (400+ kph)
A zero-to-60 time of three seconds
A zero-to-180 time of 14 seconds
A price tag somewhere in the $1.2 million range.

Hell yeah. Nobody could beat me...

Attachments

• bugatti-veyron.jpg
    bugatti-veyron.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 99

sports850

Bahh , you're all (well mostly) going for big heavy cars that need huge motors to get them going and huge brakes to slow them down enough for corners .... I actually own my ultimate car , I just need the time to finish rebuilding it . It's a 1971 Nota Type IV , commonly called a Nota Fang . Nota was an Australian race car builder who decided to use a complete mini power/suspension/front subframe at the rear of the car , put two seats in and the front wheels out under motorbike guards . All up on the road weight is around 380 to 400 kg and with a worked mini cooper s engine anywhere up to 130 hp , sort of like a big motorbike type performance but with racecar handling while still being able to be registered and used on the road .

This one isn't mine but it shows what they look like , roof height is a couple of inches higher than a mini bonnet which is a bit higher than an average persons knee so it's very low and sleek .

Nota_Fang_TSS.jpg

My poor Fang along with a couple of my other mini's , a long way to go yet , got to get it sorted out with a standard engine before putting the Av-gas engine in and making it pretty .

familyportrait.jpg

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Bahh , you're all (well mostly) going for big heavy cars that need huge motors to get them going and huge brakes to slow them down enough for corners .... I actually own my ultimate car , I just need the time to finish rebuilding it . It's a 1971 Nota Type IV , commonly called a Nota Fang .

Cool! But, I gotta admit, if I went to 'Oz, I'd go straight to a Falcon GTHO. I like the body style of the later ones. 'Course an earlier GTHO Phase-3 would be ok too:thumb:

2nd in line would be a Charger Hemi. Pretty good performance for an inline six cylinder...

There's actually someone here in California that imports them a couple at a time. I think they are in the LA area, 8 hours from here though...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My brother had a '73..
Only it was red.
That thing, all he had to do was touch the pedal and it flew..
My memory of that car was himself-his gal, myself-my then boyfriend racing through town one Saturday night cruising, and getting into a drag through back streets and alley ways with this kid Chuck who had a green one. lol

Oh, I think Boston was screaming on the 8 track tape player as well.
Good memories..:smile:

Attachments

• 1973FordMustang_large.jpg
    1973FordMustang_large.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 122

sports850

Cool! But, I gotta admit, if I went to 'Oz, I'd go straight to a Falcon GTHO. I like the body style of the later ones. 'Course an earlier GTHO Phase-3 would be ok too:thumb:

2nd in line would be a Charger Hemi. Pretty good performance for an inline six cylinder...

There's actually someone here in California that imports them a couple at a time. I think they are in the LA area, 8 hours from here though...

A genuine phase 3 GTHO Falcon will set you back AU$500,000 to 700,000 now , it's ridiculous , other ford GT's and performance Holden's are getting expensive too . Chargers are still reasonable money unless you go for the rare high performance ones . Personally I'd prefer the (not sure of the model but E49 sounds familiar) serious 6 cyl Charger over the GTHO , same performance but with less poser value .

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Chargers are still reasonable money unless you go for the rare high performance ones . Personally I'd prefer the (not sure of the model but E49 sounds familiar) serious 6 cyl Charger over the GTHO , same performance but with less poser value .

Like this:thumb:

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-3.jpg
71rtchargerrt_10.jpg

moz-screenshot-4.jpg
moz-screenshot-5.jpg

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Chargers are still reasonable money unless you go for the rare high performance ones . Personally I'd prefer the (not sure of the model but E49 sounds familiar) serious 6 cyl Charger over the GTHO , same performance but with less poser value .

VH Valiant Charger
The 1971 VH Valiant Charger was based on the Valiant VH, but was a short-wheelbase 2-door version. It could be equipped with a slant six, small V-8, or the "ordinary" 265 Hemi, an engine originally created for trucks, but abandoned in the US and developed to its full potential in Australia. The "ordinary" version had 203 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque at 2,000 rpm, making it competitive with V-8s. The high-performance version was reserved for the Pacer - for now. The Charger R/T had lower ratio differential; six-inch rims; front anti-roll bar; a tachometer and an oil pressure gauge. Stock, it could run a 15.7 second quarter mile. Optional was the "six-pack" package, using three two-barrel Webers to put the 265 up to 248 hp. The final option was the E38 engine, with a higher compression ratio, different gear ratios, and 280 hp - about 80 hp more than the standard 265! This brought the quarter mile down to 14.8 seconds, with a single gear change. Zero to 60mph was 6.3 seconds. Handling was "exceptional," possibly due to the light engine.

71rtchargerrt_10.jpg

sports850

yep , E38's the one , looks hot and goes like the proverbial . Still big and heavy though and they had brake failures on the track trying to keep up with better handling cars but they were better than the GTHO in most peoples opinions . The biggest problem was the Valiants were branded "wog" cars as a lot of Italian Migrants got them , it didn't do the image a lot of good for a while .

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
My brother had a '73..
Only it was red.
That thing, all he had to do was touch the pedal and it flew..
My memory of that car was himself-his gal, myself-my then boyfriend racing through town one Saturday night cruising, and getting into a drag through back streets and alley ways with this kid Chuck who had a green one. lol

Oh, I think Boston was screaming on the 8 track tape player as well.
Good memories..:smile:

Wow, I had a 71 Mach One. It was yellow just like the one in the picture. Sure wished I had it yet.

murph

sports850

VH Valiant Charger
The 1971 VH Valiant Charger was based on the Valiant VH, but was a short-wheelbase 2-door version. It could be equipped with a slant six, small V-8, or the "ordinary" 265 Hemi, an engine originally created for trucks, but abandoned in the US and developed to its full potential in Australia. The "ordinary" version had 203 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque at 2,000 rpm, making it competitive with V-8s. The high-performance version was reserved for the Pacer - for now. The Charger R/T had lower ratio differential; six-inch rims; front anti-roll bar; a tachometer and an oil pressure gauge. Stock, it could run a 15.7 second quarter mile. Optional was the "six-pack" package, using three two-barrel Webers to put the 265 up to 248 hp. The final option was the E38 engine, with a higher compression ratio, different gear ratios, and 280 hp - about 80 hp more than the standard 265! This brought the quarter mile down to 14.8 seconds, with a single gear change. Zero to 60mph was 6.3 seconds. Handling was "exceptional," possibly due to the light engine.

71rtchargerrt_10.jpg

Have a look at this thread on my regular forum , it's photo's from a historic's race meeting last weekend near Sydney , lots of nice cars and a few Chargers as well . Good to see the mini's still worrying the bigger cars like the mustangs too :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

http://www.ausmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41264

Sir Knight

My very first car was a brand new 1978 Firebird Formula. Similar to this one ...

78_formula_red1.jpg

... but in blue. Really loved that car. Use to wash & wax it every week-end. Wish they still made some today.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Oh sure, you can have all those POS fancy cars, my first car was beyond cool, I've even seen one fly in the movies!!!
250px-Ford.anglia.105e.moors.arp.750pix.jpg

Thats one great looking Ford Anglia REDROCKER my father had one of them.

As for me there is only one choice......

Attachments

• p172823_large+1969_Dodge_Charger+Front_Drivers_Side_View.jpg
    p172823_large+1969_Dodge_Charger+Front_Drivers_Side_View.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 68

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Since the topic is "CARS" and not "TRUCKS", I'd have to go with a '69 GTO Judge....... but personally, I don't think I'll ever own another car and I've already got the truck I want so......

Attachments

• 69j_00003_1.jpg
    69j_00003_1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 69

urednecku

Site Supporter
Thats one great looking Ford Anglia REDROCKER my father had one of them.

As for me there is only one choice......
I've always loved that one too!! That is one amazing car. I can't remember the times I've watched it jump something & the front end crinkle, only to be in perfect shape soon as it quit bouncing. :thumb: