• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

POLL: What brand snowcat do you own?

What brand snowcat do you own/operate?

• AKTIV Snow Trac, Trac Master, or Snow Master

Votes: 103 14.2%
  • KRISTI KT2, KT3, KT4 or KT7

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • THIOKOL/DMC/LMC (any of the numerous models)

Votes: 187 25.8%
  • BOMBARDIER (J5, Bombi, B12, C18, etc)

Votes: 152 21.0%
  • TUCKER (classic steel track)

Votes: 72 9.9%
  • TUCKER (rubber track or terra track)

Votes: 61 8.4%
  • VMC

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Other (please list the brand/model in the thread below)

Votes: 62 8.6%
  • NONE, but I enjoy the Snowcat forums anyway

Votes: 40 5.5%
  • NONE, I visit the ForumsForums but don't frequent the snowcat area.

Votes: 42 5.8%
  • NONE YET, but I am looking for a snowcat.

Votes: 76 10.5%

• Total voters

CENTURYLEADER

1968 Katrack. Ever seen one? Ford 302 & C-6 A/T. Ford truck rears turned upside down drive the 4 tracks. Articulates in the middle like a loader. Transfer case is remote mounting away from the transmission. Makes me think it was military built. If any one has any information or parts please let me know. Thanks, Dave

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, so make 5 quick meaningless posts here and get us some dog-gone pictures already!!

CENTURYLEADER

I THINK I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO UPLOAD THE PICTURES.......

Attachments

• WILD RIDE 011.jpg
    WILD RIDE 011.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 877
  • KATRAK 009.jpg
    KATRAK 009.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 659
  • KATRAK 010.jpg
    KATRAK 010.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 656
  • KATRAK 007.jpg
    KATRAK 007.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 650

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Very interesting! Never seen one like that before. Look how the sprockets mount on the top outside of the tracks and push them down. Different concept for shure!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That puppy looks pretty heavy duty! Rail for a front bumper? I've heard of it but that's the first time I've actually seen it. That front bumper probably weighs several hundred pounds!

scooterd

I think Boggie is right. I saw that somewhere on the net and it was used for transportation to an island. I just don't remember what site I saw it on.

CENTURYLEADER

Some very observent people out there in snotcat land. Yes I found it on E-Bay. It was up past Watertown NY, and it was used to cross the frozen sea-way to access the owners winter home. I looked long & hard to find the correct type of chassis for my project. Most of the cats I have looked at are small tubular or narrow rail chassis. This one has a 6" tall "C" channel frame that is very strong. I have attached a Katrack sales flyer from the 1960's. It was from the "logger" unit they built. I am hoping someone has one of the two styles or parts or info about the units. Thanks, Dave...........

P.S. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SAFE AND BLESSED NEW YEAR.

Last edited:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I THINK I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO UPLOAD THE PICTURES.......

I like that front bumper, you could knock a train off the tracks with that, but it looks like one was derailed to get the bumper in the first place...

Where you going to run it at? Does it do well in the deep snow?

Looks like it came from a family of log skidders, is that what is was used for before the family used it to cross the ice?

houlio

How are the snow conditions for everyone this year?

Attachments

• Centennial___25th_Anniversary_006%2ejpg.jpg
    Centennial___25th_Anniversary_006%2ejpg.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 785

snowbird

I'd imagine forum regulars have seen pictures of my nearly-completed Bombardier SV200. I'm surprised there aren't more Bombardiers in the poll because mine seems to be very well engineered. I don't have a bunch of deep snow to test it in; maybe its 4400 or so pounds is too heavy for mountain snow, but I live in southern Minnesota (and I'm hoping for lots of snow this winter).

dkmclean

Snow & Ice conditions up here; 16"- 20" snow -24"ice.
Good cruzin.

Bombardier - 1948 narrow gauge ( 12 pass wood body B12)
" " - 1949 wide gauge (18 pass. wood body C18)
" " -1959 wide gauge (18 pass metal body R18)
" " -1966 wide gauge (18 pass metal body R18)
Houlio, I recognize that machine. Is this one of the Beaver Lake machines? Looks like a B12.

Attachments

• 1959.jpg
    1959.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 686
  • 1966.jpg
    1966.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 690
  • 1948.jpg
    1948.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 690
  • 1949.jpg
    1949.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 710

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snow & Ice conditions up here; 16"- 20" snow -24"ice.
Good cruzin.

Bombardier - 1948 narrow gauge ( 12 pass wood body B12)
" " - 1949 wide gauge (18 pass. wood body C18)
" " -1959 wide gauge (18 pass metal body R18)
" " -1966 wide gauge (18 pass metal body R18)
Welcome to the Snowcat discussions at the ForumsForums, nice to have you here.

I hope to see some more detailed pictures of your Bombardiers! :flagcan:

We've got a few members here with those machines, but so far nobody has started up a good restoration thread that really shows off those incredible machines. I have to go to the NORTHER TRACKS forums to get those, but that site has been pretty inactive of late. I never realized it until looking at your pictures, but the early model wood body units did not have provisions for front wheels like the metal body units allow.
:weneedpic