Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN





Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > Open Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #5501  
Old 05-18-2018, 05:04 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
FrancSevin FrancSevin is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 9,579
Thanks: 2,835
Thanked 3,911 Times in 1,517 Posts
FrancSevin has a spectacular aura aboutFrancSevin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What are you doing today?

I spent he first two days of this week in North Carolina on what was to be a 2 hour tune-up and training on a packaging line. The machine was a total disaster. "Bought it cheap" They got what they paid for.

Two frustrating days later, I went home with an engineering challenge I couldn't fathom. By today I have it sorted but, the crew produced crap whilst I was out of town and now I have two very upset customers.

The wife is busy with Hospice for Dad so I'm running the office and the plant. I AM EXHAUSTED!


That I can handle but,,,;

I am frustrated by the failures of others this week. And my self. Copious Consumption of Scotch tonite.

Saturday, I'm going to the boat! I may not return.
__________________
Proudly Deplorable

Last edited by FrancSevin; 05-18-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-18-2018), jim slagle  (05-18-2018), pirate_girl (05-18-2018)
  #5502  
Old 05-18-2018, 05:44 PM
zekeusa's Avatar
zekeusa zekeusa is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: northwest corner, Ct.
Posts: 343
Thanks: 470
Thanked 230 Times in 134 Posts
zekeusa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

My mother wanted nothing to do with my sisters children. I don't think she ever even held them as babies!
__________________
Did you remember my cookies?
Reply With Quote
  #5503  
Old 05-18-2018, 06:32 PM
OhioTC18's Avatar
OhioTC18 OhioTC18 is offline
Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 7,074
Thanks: 171
Thanked 336 Times in 229 Posts
OhioTC18 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

I'm at home from a 4 day hospital stay for a broken hip. On Monday morning i missed one lousy step and fell to the floor. As soon as I hit the floor I heard a loud snap. I knew instantly what had happened. EMS took me to a fantastic hospital here in town. Sure enough x-ray showed I snapped the bone where the thigh bone meets the ball in my hip. Had surgery the next day. After 2 rods 2 screws and a nail put things back in place.This is absolutely horrible pain. I'm going to be using a walker for awhile. I saw the surgeon later in the day. I was walking the hall. He called me a show-off for walking the distance I had. I knew rehab was going to be a long time. I just wanted a head start. Came home yesterday afternoon and had to learn to do things that we all take for granted like taking a pee. Had a PT assessment today for home place safety. Since it involves bone there's not much actual physical therapy to be done. Just making sure things don't get all wonky on me. Muscles respond to therapy, but not so much with a bone. They just will take some time to get the bones to start knitting back together. Just make sure things don't move.
So far the therapist was impressed at what things we had already done. Already had grab bars installed for bath/shower. Laptop tray to help if I want to be in the living room. Swivel stool for shower on order.

Every few minutes I'll take a walk around the house with the walker. Keeps muscles from cramping up on me. My ass gets tired from just sitting. Can't sleep too much at any one time. But I do look sexy walking around in compression stockings LOL. Since they are white I call them my nurses hose. I'm really glad we live in a single floor plan house. I was gone for the better part of 4 days. The dog will not leave my side. Have to make sure he doesn't get run over with the walker. I have some good pain meds that I hate to take because they are an opiod. I don't want to get addicted to the damn things. But if I need them, I have them.
I have a computer room but it's in the basement. Haven't gotten the nerve to try to go down there. I confiscated my wife's laptop for a bit. The therapist said that on his next visit, we'll try to go down there. He can teach/help me go downstairs and back up with the walker. I use my phone to keep track of all the activity here, but I can't post or reply with it. The forum app I have on the phone has not been supported since 2003. I'll need to correct that. Maybe tomorrow I can talk my wife into going downstairs and grab my laptop.

More updates are going to come, in time.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhioTC18 For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-18-2018), jim slagle  (05-18-2018), pirate_girl (05-18-2018)
  #5504  
Old 05-18-2018, 06:35 PM
pirate_girl's Avatar
pirate_girl pirate_girl is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Defiance Ohio
Posts: 39,890
Thanks: 4,807
Thanked 7,676 Times in 3,385 Posts
pirate_girl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeusa View Post
My mother wanted nothing to do with my sisters children. I don't think she ever even held them as babies!
I can't even imagine!
__________________
- My Lifeguard walks on water -
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pirate_girl For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-18-2018), jim slagle  (05-18-2018)
  #5505  
Old 05-18-2018, 06:37 PM
pirate_girl's Avatar
pirate_girl pirate_girl is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Defiance Ohio
Posts: 39,890
Thanks: 4,807
Thanked 7,676 Times in 3,385 Posts
pirate_girl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioTC18 View Post
I'm at home from a 4 day hospital stay for a broken hip. On Monday morning i missed one lousy step and fell to the floor. As soon as I hit the floor I heard a loud snap. I knew instantly what had happened. EMS took me to a fantastic hospital here in town. Sure enough x-ray showed I snapped the bone where the thigh bone meets the ball in my hip. Had surgery the next day. After 2 rods 2 screws and a nail put things back in place.This is absolutely horrible pain. I'm going to be using a walker for awhile. I saw the surgeon later in the day. I was walking the hall. He called me a show-off for walking the distance I had. I knew rehab was going to be a long time. I just wanted a head start. Came home yesterday afternoon and had to learn to do things that we all take for granted like taking a pee. Had a PT assessment today for home place safety. Since it involves bone there's not much actual physical therapy to be done. Just making sure things don't get all wonky on me. Muscles respond to therapy, but not so much with a bone. They just will take some time to get the bones to start knitting back together. Just make sure things don't move.
So far the therapist was impressed at what things we had already done. Already had grab bars installed for bath/shower. Laptop tray to help if I want to be in the living room. Swivel stool for shower on order.

Every few minutes I'll take a walk around the house with the walker. Keeps muscles from cramping up on me. My ass gets tired from just sitting. Can't sleep too much at any one time. But I do look sexy walking around in compression stockings LOL. Since they are white I call them my nurses hose. I'm really glad we live in a single floor plan house. I was gone for the better part of 4 days. The dog will not leave my side. Have to make sure he doesn't get run over with the walker. I have some good pain meds that I hate to take because they are an opiod. I don't want to get addicted to the damn things. But if I need them, I have them.
I have a computer room but it's in the basement. Haven't gotten the nerve to try to go down there. I confiscated my wife's laptop for a bit. The therapist said that on his next visit, we'll try to go down there. He can teach/help me go downstairs and back up with the walker. I use my phone to keep track of all the activity here, but I can't post or reply with it. The forum app I have on the phone has not been supported since 2003. I'll need to correct that. Maybe tomorrow I can talk my wife into going downstairs and grab my laptop.

More updates are going to come, in time.
Good grief!
Oh Jerry, rest up and take care.
__________________
- My Lifeguard walks on water -
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pirate_girl For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-18-2018), jim slagle  (05-18-2018)
  #5506  
Old 05-18-2018, 06:40 PM
pirate_girl's Avatar
pirate_girl pirate_girl is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Defiance Ohio
Posts: 39,890
Thanks: 4,807
Thanked 7,676 Times in 3,385 Posts
pirate_girl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Well, downtown is Arp's Dairy.
Right on Clinton St.
Heavy traffic, impatient drivers and rain equals..
No one was seriously injured.
Ty got a free milk for helping lol
Attached Images
   
__________________
- My Lifeguard walks on water -
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pirate_girl For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-18-2018), jim slagle  (05-18-2018), zekeusa (05-19-2018)
  #5507  
Old 05-18-2018, 06:55 PM
OhioTC18's Avatar
OhioTC18 OhioTC18 is offline
Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 7,074
Thanks: 171
Thanked 336 Times in 229 Posts
OhioTC18 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_girl View Post
Good grief!
Oh Jerry, rest up and take care.
Yeah getting old sucks
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhioTC18 For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-18-2018), jim slagle  (05-18-2018), pirate_girl (05-18-2018)
  #5508  
Old 05-18-2018, 08:20 PM
Doc's Avatar
Doc Doc is offline
Forum Admin

 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 31,578
Thanks: 11,644
Thanked 9,615 Times in 4,080 Posts
Doc will become famous soon enoughDoc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Man Jerry, that's horrible. And now, after all this pain from missing one step you are talking about trying steps to basement with a walker??? Fa get about that man. Crazy.

I sure not a doctor but from what I understand the opiods will help you when you take them when you really need them. It's when you take them and you do not need them that the trouble can start. I think it was a nurse or someone who knows a nurse told me that. So not gospel but if ya need help with the pain do yourself a favor and take them in moderation.

I used Forum Runner for my phone and that is no longer supported. If you get an app and it does not work here let me know and I'll see if I can find the ad-on for VB software. It's usually pretty easy to add so no prob. Take care man.
__________________
Scott me up Beamy.

Other Fun Forums:

Net Pet Talk + Net Tractor and RTV Talk + Net Cooking Talk
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:
jim slagle  (05-18-2018), pirate_girl (05-18-2018)
  #5509  
Old 05-18-2018, 08:23 PM
OhioTC18's Avatar
OhioTC18 OhioTC18 is offline
Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 7,074
Thanks: 171
Thanked 336 Times in 229 Posts
OhioTC18 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I used Forum Runner for my phone and that is no longer supported. If you get an app and it does not work here let me know and I'll see if I can find the ad-on for VB software. It's usually pretty easy to add so no prob. Take care man.
Forum Runner is what have been using. Guess I may need to try Tapatalk.
Reply With Quote
  #5510  
Old 05-18-2018, 08:32 PM
pirate_girl's Avatar
pirate_girl pirate_girl is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Defiance Ohio
Posts: 39,890
Thanks: 4,807
Thanked 7,676 Times in 3,385 Posts
pirate_girl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

I tried tapatalk and hated it.
Felt like I was lost lol
__________________
- My Lifeguard walks on water -
Reply With Quote
  #5511  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:50 PM
NorthernRedneck's Avatar
NorthernRedneck NorthernRedneck is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,460
Thanks: 2,609
Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,802 Posts
NorthernRedneck will become famous soon enough
Style: T66
Default Re: What are you doing today?

I've been using tapatalk for a couple years now. Works good.

Damn. Broken hip. Ouch. Sounds painful.

We're at our fish camp for the weekend.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NorthernRedneck For This Useful Post:
jim slagle  (05-18-2018)
  #5512  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:03 PM
jim slagle's Avatar
jim slagle jim slagle is offline
Cold Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,454
Thanks: 13,706
Thanked 5,239 Times in 2,500 Posts
jim slagle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioTC18 View Post
I'm at home from a 4 day hospital stay for a broken hip. On Monday morning i missed one lousy step and fell to the floor. As soon as I hit the floor I heard a loud snap. I knew instantly what had happened. EMS took me to a fantastic hospital here in town. Sure enough x-ray showed I snapped the bone where the thigh bone meets the ball in my hip. Had surgery the next day. After 2 rods 2 screws and a nail put things back in place.This is absolutely horrible pain. I'm going to be using a walker for awhile. I saw the surgeon later in the day. I was walking the hall. He called me a show-off for walking the distance I had. I knew rehab was going to be a long time. I just wanted a head start. Came home yesterday afternoon and had to learn to do things that we all take for granted like taking a pee. Had a PT assessment today for home place safety. Since it involves bone there's not much actual physical therapy to be done. Just making sure things don't get all wonky on me. Muscles respond to therapy, but not so much with a bone. They just will take some time to get the bones to start knitting back together. Just make sure things don't move.
So far the therapist was impressed at what things we had already done. Already had grab bars installed for bath/shower. Laptop tray to help if I want to be in the living room. Swivel stool for shower on order.

Every few minutes I'll take a walk around the house with the walker. Keeps muscles from cramping up on me. My ass gets tired from just sitting. Can't sleep too much at any one time. But I do look sexy walking around in compression stockings LOL. Since they are white I call them my nurses hose. I'm really glad we live in a single floor plan house. I was gone for the better part of 4 days. The dog will not leave my side. Have to make sure he doesn't get run over with the walker. I have some good pain meds that I hate to take because they are an opiod. I don't want to get addicted to the damn things. But if I need them, I have them.
I have a computer room but it's in the basement. Haven't gotten the nerve to try to go down there. I confiscated my wife's laptop for a bit. The therapist said that on his next visit, we'll try to go down there. He can teach/help me go downstairs and back up with the walker. I use my phone to keep track of all the activity here, but I can't post or reply with it. The forum app I have on the phone has not been supported since 2003. I'll need to correct that. Maybe tomorrow I can talk my wife into going downstairs and grab my laptop.

More updates are going to come, in time.
Take it easy but keep moving! They taught me using a cane on the stairs. Be sure your handrail is solid.

I had an upstairs walker and a downstairs walker. I graduated from the walkers a year ago but it looks like the cane is here to stay.
__________________
.

The United States Constitution ©1787. All Rights Reserved

Sometimes I'm fast. Most of the time I'm half fast!

Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together!

Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate

FF REQUIRES NO PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM.
EVERYONE GETS ENOUGH EXERCISE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS, FLYING
OFF THE HANDLE, RUNNING DOWN THE MODERATORS, KNIFING FRIENDS IN THE
BACK, DODGING RESPONSIBILITY AND PUSHING THEIR LUCK.

Last edited by jim slagle; 05-18-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jim slagle For This Useful Post:
NorthernRedneck (05-19-2018)
  #5513  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:45 PM
jim slagle's Avatar
jim slagle jim slagle is offline
Cold Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,454
Thanks: 13,706
Thanked 5,239 Times in 2,500 Posts
jim slagle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_girl View Post
Well, downtown is Arp's Dairy.
Right on Clinton St.
Heavy traffic, impatient drivers and rain equals..
No one was seriously injured.
Ty got a free milk for helping lol
Wasn’t there a saying back in the CB Radio days?

“Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down?”
__________________
.

The United States Constitution ©1787. All Rights Reserved

Sometimes I'm fast. Most of the time I'm half fast!

Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together!

Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate

FF REQUIRES NO PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM.
EVERYONE GETS ENOUGH EXERCISE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS, FLYING
OFF THE HANDLE, RUNNING DOWN THE MODERATORS, KNIFING FRIENDS IN THE
BACK, DODGING RESPONSIBILITY AND PUSHING THEIR LUCK.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jim slagle For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-19-2018), pirate_girl (05-18-2018)
  #5514  
Old 05-18-2018, 11:11 PM
pirate_girl's Avatar
pirate_girl pirate_girl is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Defiance Ohio
Posts: 39,890
Thanks: 4,807
Thanked 7,676 Times in 3,385 Posts
pirate_girl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Yup!
Normally what we hear from Ty when he calls about one of these more interesting runs is "Haulin' ass!" followed by the destination.
__________________
- My Lifeguard walks on water -
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pirate_girl For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-19-2018), jim slagle  (05-19-2018)
  #5515  
Old 05-19-2018, 10:03 AM
NorthernRedneck's Avatar
NorthernRedneck NorthernRedneck is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,460
Thanks: 2,609
Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,802 Posts
NorthernRedneck will become famous soon enough
Style: T66
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim slagle View Post
Take it easy but keep moving! They taught me using a cane on the stairs. Be sure your handrail is solid.

I had an upstairs walker and a downstairs walker. I graduated from the walkers a year ago but it looks like the cane is here to stay.
We're all a bunch of old cripples. Lmao. I bounce from walker to cane depending on the day.

It's pouring rain here. At least it wasn't raining last night when we set up.

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NorthernRedneck For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-20-2018), jim slagle  (05-19-2018), pirate_girl (05-19-2018)
  #5516  
Old 05-19-2018, 10:25 AM
zekeusa's Avatar
zekeusa zekeusa is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: northwest corner, Ct.
Posts: 343
Thanks: 470
Thanked 230 Times in 134 Posts
zekeusa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim slagle View Post
Wasn’t there a saying back in the CB Radio days?

“Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down?”
It's always amazing to me how do all these cars wind up upside down?
__________________
Did you remember my cookies?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zekeusa For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-20-2018), jim slagle  (05-19-2018)
  #5517  
Old 05-19-2018, 12:56 PM
pirate_girl's Avatar
pirate_girl pirate_girl is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Defiance Ohio
Posts: 39,890
Thanks: 4,807
Thanked 7,676 Times in 3,385 Posts
pirate_girl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeusa View Post
It's always amazing to me how do all these cars wind up upside down?
In this case, the woman swerved to avoid getting rear ended in the southbound lane.
The person behind her wasn't paying attention to the coming traffic lights at the bottom of the hill.
She'd been better off getting crunched maybe.

Ty, Allison and Maddie are going shopping.
I'll stay here with Elaina and straighten up and read her books.

Hopefully Noah and the other guys won't need him today for anything.
It's nice when he's home.
__________________
- My Lifeguard walks on water -
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pirate_girl For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-20-2018), jim slagle  (05-19-2018)
  #5518  
Old 05-19-2018, 12:57 PM
jim slagle's Avatar
jim slagle jim slagle is offline
Cold Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,454
Thanks: 13,706
Thanked 5,239 Times in 2,500 Posts
jim slagle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post

Saturday, I'm going to the boat! I may not return.
Franc, I’m running a little late but I’m headed your way bringing the beer. Since it’s just you and me will 3 cases be enough?
__________________
.

The United States Constitution ©1787. All Rights Reserved

Sometimes I'm fast. Most of the time I'm half fast!

Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together!

Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate

FF REQUIRES NO PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM.
EVERYONE GETS ENOUGH EXERCISE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS, FLYING
OFF THE HANDLE, RUNNING DOWN THE MODERATORS, KNIFING FRIENDS IN THE
BACK, DODGING RESPONSIBILITY AND PUSHING THEIR LUCK.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jim slagle For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-20-2018)
  #5519  
Old 05-19-2018, 10:07 PM
pirate_girl's Avatar
pirate_girl pirate_girl is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Defiance Ohio
Posts: 39,890
Thanks: 4,807
Thanked 7,676 Times in 3,385 Posts
pirate_girl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

It's been quite a day.
I'm beat from getting up so early to watch the Royal wedding.

Ty and Ali went out on a date night, I made the girls and I dinner.
They're in bed tucked away with their new dollies I bought them.

Might be an early night for me.
__________________
- My Lifeguard walks on water -
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pirate_girl For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-20-2018), jim slagle  (05-19-2018)
  #5520  
Old 05-20-2018, 08:16 PM
pirate_girl's Avatar
pirate_girl pirate_girl is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Defiance Ohio
Posts: 39,890
Thanks: 4,807
Thanked 7,676 Times in 3,385 Posts
pirate_girl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you doing today?

It's been a busy day.
Ty has actually been home all day.
Most of it was spent mowing.
I visited my two hospice patients to do their med sets etc, for the week.

Right now we're listening to Alex Jones.
Whoa man. He's on fire tonight lol
__________________
- My Lifeguard walks on water -
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pirate_girl For This Useful Post:
jim slagle  (05-20-2018)
Reply

Tags
what are you doing today?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just for today! muleman Open Forum 3 05-21-2012 03:00 PM
This is appropriate today DaveNay Political Debate Forum 11 08-25-2008 04:43 PM
today LarryRB Jokes_Forum 7 06-06-2006 11:20 AM
Buy something TODAY!! Av8r3400 Political Debate Forum 11 05-09-2006 02:48 PM
Does everyone know what today is? DaveNay Junkman's Corner 10 05-01-2006 02:27 PM





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2018 www.ForumsForums.com