Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > Open Forum

Old 05-18-2018, 05:04 PM
Silver Member

Thanked 3,911 Times in 1,517 Posts
FrancSevin has a spectacular aura aboutFrancSevin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What are you doing today?

I spent he first two days of this week in North Carolina on what was to be a 2 hour tune-up and training on a packaging line. The machine was a total disaster. "Bought it cheap" They got what they paid for.

Two frustrating days later, I went home with an engineering challenge I couldn't fathom. By today I have it sorted but, the crew produced crap whilst I was out of town and now I have two very upset customers.

The wife is busy with Hospice for Dad so I'm running the office and the plant. I AM EXHAUSTED!

That I can handle but,,,;

I am frustrated by the failures of others this week. And my self. Copious Consumption of Scotch tonite.

Saturday, I'm going to the boat! I may not return.

Last edited by FrancSevin; 05-18-2018 at 05:22 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-18-2018), jim slagle  (05-18-2018), pirate_girl (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 05:44 PM
Bronze Member

zekeusa is on a distinguished road

My mother wanted nothing to do with my sisters children. I don't think she ever even held them as babies!
Old 05-18-2018, 06:32 PM

OhioTC18 is on a distinguished road

I'm at home from a 4 day hospital stay for a broken hip. On Monday morning i missed one lousy step and fell to the floor. As soon as I hit the floor I heard a loud snap. I knew instantly what had happened. EMS took me to a fantastic hospital here in town. Sure enough x-ray showed I snapped the bone where the thigh bone meets the ball in my hip. Had surgery the next day. After 2 rods 2 screws and a nail put things back in place.This is absolutely horrible pain. I'm going to be using a walker for awhile. I saw the surgeon later in the day. I was walking the hall. He called me a show-off for walking the distance I had. I knew rehab was going to be a long time. I just wanted a head start. Came home yesterday afternoon and had to learn to do things that we all take for granted like taking a pee. Had a PT assessment today for home place safety. Since it involves bone there's not much actual physical therapy to be done. Just making sure things don't get all wonky on me. Muscles respond to therapy, but not so much with a bone. They just will take some time to get the bones to start knitting back together. Just make sure things don't move.
So far the therapist was impressed at what things we had already done. Already had grab bars installed for bath/shower. Laptop tray to help if I want to be in the living room. Swivel stool for shower on order.

Every few minutes I'll take a walk around the house with the walker. Keeps muscles from cramping up on me. My ass gets tired from just sitting. Can't sleep too much at any one time. But I do look sexy walking around in compression stockings LOL. Since they are white I call them my nurses hose. I'm really glad we live in a single floor plan house. I was gone for the better part of 4 days. The dog will not leave my side. Have to make sure he doesn't get run over with the walker. I have some good pain meds that I hate to take because they are an opiod. I don't want to get addicted to the damn things. But if I need them, I have them.
I have a computer room but it's in the basement. Haven't gotten the nerve to try to go down there. I confiscated my wife's laptop for a bit. The therapist said that on his next visit, we'll try to go down there. He can teach/help me go downstairs and back up with the walker. I use my phone to keep track of all the activity here, but I can't post or reply with it. The forum app I have on the phone has not been supported since 2003. I'll need to correct that. Maybe tomorrow I can talk my wife into going downstairs and grab my laptop.

More updates are going to come, in time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhioTC18 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2018, 06:35 PM
Platinum Member

Thanked 7,676 Times in 3,385 Posts
pirate_girl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeusa View Post
My mother wanted nothing to do with my sisters children. I don't think she ever even held them as babies!
I can't even imagine!
Doc  (05-18-2018), jim slagle  (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 06:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioTC18 View Post
I'm at home from a 4 day hospital stay for a broken hip. On Monday morning i missed one lousy step and fell to the floor. As soon as I hit the floor I heard a loud snap. I knew instantly what had happened. EMS took me to a fantastic hospital here in town. Sure enough x-ray showed I snapped the bone where the thigh bone meets the ball in my hip. Had surgery the next day. After 2 rods 2 screws and a nail put things back in place.This is absolutely horrible pain. I'm going to be using a walker for awhile. I saw the surgeon later in the day. I was walking the hall. He called me a show-off for walking the distance I had. I knew rehab was going to be a long time. I just wanted a head start. Came home yesterday afternoon and had to learn to do things that we all take for granted like taking a pee. Had a PT assessment today for home place safety. Since it involves bone there's not much actual physical therapy to be done. Just making sure things don't get all wonky on me. Muscles respond to therapy, but not so much with a bone. They just will take some time to get the bones to start knitting back together. Just make sure things don't move.
So far the therapist was impressed at what things we had already done. Already had grab bars installed for bath/shower. Laptop tray to help if I want to be in the living room. Swivel stool for shower on order.

Every few minutes I'll take a walk around the house with the walker. Keeps muscles from cramping up on me. My ass gets tired from just sitting. Can't sleep too much at any one time. But I do look sexy walking around in compression stockings LOL. Since they are white I call them my nurses hose. I'm really glad we live in a single floor plan house. I was gone for the better part of 4 days. The dog will not leave my side. Have to make sure he doesn't get run over with the walker. I have some good pain meds that I hate to take because they are an opiod. I don't want to get addicted to the damn things. But if I need them, I have them.
I have a computer room but it's in the basement. Haven't gotten the nerve to try to go down there. I confiscated my wife's laptop for a bit. The therapist said that on his next visit, we'll try to go down there. He can teach/help me go downstairs and back up with the walker. I use my phone to keep track of all the activity here, but I can't post or reply with it. The forum app I have on the phone has not been supported since 2003. I'll need to correct that. Maybe tomorrow I can talk my wife into going downstairs and grab my laptop.

Good grief!
Oh Jerry, rest up and take care.
Doc  (05-18-2018), jim slagle  (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member

Well, downtown is Arp's Dairy.
Right on Clinton St.
Heavy traffic, impatient drivers and rain equals..
No one was seriously injured.
Ty got a free milk for helping lol
Attached Images

Doc  (05-18-2018), jim slagle  (05-18-2018), zekeusa (05-19-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_girl View Post
Good grief!
Oh Jerry, rest up and take care.
Yeah getting old sucks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhioTC18 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2018, 08:20 PM
Forum Admin

Thanked 9,615 Times in 4,080 Posts
Doc will become famous soon enoughDoc will become famous soon enough

Man Jerry, that's horrible. And now, after all this pain from missing one step you are talking about trying steps to basement with a walker??? Fa get about that man. Crazy.

I sure not a doctor but from what I understand the opiods will help you when you take them when you really need them. It's when you take them and you do not need them that the trouble can start. I think it was a nurse or someone who knows a nurse told me that. So not gospel but if ya need help with the pain do yourself a favor and take them in moderation.

I used Forum Runner for my phone and that is no longer supported. If you get an app and it does not work here let me know and I'll see if I can find the ad-on for VB software. It's usually pretty easy to add so no prob. Take care man.

Other Fun Forums:

Net Pet Talk + Net Tractor and RTV Talk + Net Cooking Talk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:
jim slagle  (05-18-2018), pirate_girl (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I used Forum Runner for my phone and that is no longer supported. If you get an app and it does not work here let me know and I'll see if I can find the ad-on for VB software. It's usually pretty easy to add so no prob. Take care man.
Forum Runner is what have been using. Guess I may need to try Tapatalk.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member

I tried tapatalk and hated it.
Felt like I was lost lol
Old 05-18-2018, 09:50 PM
Gold Member

Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,802 Posts
NorthernRedneck will become famous soon enough
Style: T66

I've been using tapatalk for a couple years now. Works good.

Damn. Broken hip. Ouch. Sounds painful.

We're at our fish camp for the weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to NorthernRedneck For This Useful Post:
jim slagle  (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 10:03 PM
Cold Member

Thanked 5,239 Times in 2,500 Posts
jim slagle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioTC18 View Post

Take it easy but keep moving! They taught me using a cane on the stairs. Be sure your handrail is solid.

I had an upstairs walker and a downstairs walker. I graduated from the walkers a year ago but it looks like the cane is here to stay.

The United States Constitution ©1787. All Rights Reserved

Sometimes I'm fast. Most of the time I'm half fast!

Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together!

Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate

FF REQUIRES NO PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM.
EVERYONE GETS ENOUGH EXERCISE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS, FLYING
OFF THE HANDLE, RUNNING DOWN THE MODERATORS, KNIFING FRIENDS IN THE
BACK, DODGING RESPONSIBILITY AND PUSHING THEIR LUCK.

Last edited by jim slagle; 05-18-2018 at 10:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jim slagle For This Useful Post:
NorthernRedneck (05-19-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 10:45 PM
Cold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_girl View Post
Well, downtown is Arp's Dairy.
Right on Clinton St.
Heavy traffic, impatient drivers and rain equals..
No one was seriously injured.
Ty got a free milk for helping lol
Wasn’t there a saying back in the CB Radio days?

“Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down?”

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jim slagle For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-19-2018), pirate_girl (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member

Yup!
Normally what we hear from Ty when he calls about one of these more interesting runs is "Haulin' ass!" followed by the destination.
Doc  (05-19-2018), jim slagle  (05-19-2018)
Old 05-19-2018, 10:03 AM
Gold Member

Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,802 Posts
NorthernRedneck will become famous soon enough
Style: T66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim slagle View Post
Take it easy but keep moving! They taught me using a cane on the stairs. Be sure your handrail is solid.

I had an upstairs walker and a downstairs walker. I graduated from the walkers a year ago but it looks like the cane is here to stay.
We're all a bunch of old cripples. Lmao. I bounce from walker to cane depending on the day.

It's pouring rain here. At least it wasn't raining last night when we set up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NorthernRedneck For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-20-2018), jim slagle  (05-19-2018), pirate_girl (05-19-2018)
Old 05-19-2018, 10:25 AM
Bronze Member

zekeusa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim slagle View Post
Wasn’t there a saying back in the CB Radio days?

“Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down?”
It's always amazing to me how do all these cars wind up upside down?
Doc  (05-20-2018), jim slagle  (05-19-2018)
Old 05-19-2018, 12:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeusa View Post
It's always amazing to me how do all these cars wind up upside down?
In this case, the woman swerved to avoid getting rear ended in the southbound lane.
The person behind her wasn't paying attention to the coming traffic lights at the bottom of the hill.
She'd been better off getting crunched maybe.

Ty, Allison and Maddie are going shopping.
I'll stay here with Elaina and straighten up and read her books.

Hopefully Noah and the other guys won't need him today for anything.
It's nice when he's home.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:57 PM
Cold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post

Saturday, I'm going to the boat! I may not return.
Franc, I’m running a little late but I’m headed your way bringing the beer. Since it’s just you and me will 3 cases be enough?

The Following User Says Thank You to jim slagle For This Useful Post:
Doc  (05-20-2018)
Old 05-19-2018, 10:07 PM
Platinum Member

It's been quite a day.
I'm beat from getting up so early to watch the Royal wedding.

Ty and Ali went out on a date night, I made the girls and I dinner.
They're in bed tucked away with their new dollies I bought them.

Might be an early night for me.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:16 PM
Platinum Member

It's been a busy day.
Ty has actually been home all day.
Most of it was spent mowing.
I visited my two hospice patients to do their med sets etc, for the week.

Right now we're listening to Alex Jones.
Whoa man. He's on fire tonight lol
jim slagle  (05-20-2018)

Tags
what are you doing today?