• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How women pack - WTF?!?!?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, we're going on a vacation.

I pack (in about 15-20 minutes).
- A suitcase of clothes that will fit in overhead.
- A backpack (electronics and such).

My son's stuff:
- A small suitcase.

My daughter's stuff:
- Wife packed a huge bag that the zipper won't even close. I have her re-do it and get down to manageable size.

Wife...
About 8 friggin suitcases that weigh about 70#'s each and she hasn't even gotten to her clothes yet. Don't know the total yet. I want the van packed tonight and she's in the bedroom picking out clothes, trying them on, checking her look in the mirror... It's going to be hours before this gets done.

She's been knowing this is going to happen (as it's about the only thing she's talked about for the last 3 months which gets really annoying) yet she waits until the very last minute to pack and must first try everything on. WTF?!?!?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I get it pal. One of the best vacations my wife and i ever had was a week long trip to Boston. We argued about her 4 sutcases for most of the night before and i dutifuly loaded them next to my one travel bag. ( it was all we had left after she packed)
got to Boston in pouring rain, had to walk to the terminal(plane was unable to go to the gates) and found our luggage was lost. Next day they still could not find it.

So we spent the week in new clothes bought almost daily for the next day. Each day we called the airline, no luck so we got out the credit cards and went to the store. Wife had a ball shopping and I was delighted she was having so much fun.

And despite not having her entire wardrobe and toiletries at hand,we managed to enjoy all the places we had planned to see. End of the week it all went in a big cheap bag we handed the porter & sky cap at the gate, got on a plane and came home.

Now we take a few clothes and a credit card.

Last edited:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Fortunately, my wife travels light.

When we were visiting Poland while her mom was alive, we'd bring giant wardrobe suitcases full of clothes for her relatives, especially jeans. Holy crap, it's like giving away thousand dollar bills by the bag.

On the way back, the bags were mostly empty other than trinkets and things we picked up over there.

But here at home, a small bag is all she needs to go on trips.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, I'm a big fan of packing lite and buying what I need when I need it. :thumb:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
WTF is a suitcase?? I can spend a week on the road with 2 pairs of jeans serving as all the baggage I need. Roll and stuff the legs and tie them together and ready to roll.:whistling:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
So ..... leave her home . Show her who is in charge . :wink:oh yea.... she is .:biggrin:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That's one of the reasons I bought a RV. She can pack all she wants right down to her pots and pans. Meanwhile I can throw in socks, T-shirts and undies and I'm ready to go. Oh, a box of cigars and one jacket in case it rains or gets cold. We're off. :smile:

I'm glad that our international travel days are over. Well, perhaps one last visit to Scotland. Those used to be a nightmare.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
when my Mum took her job as a travelling consultant, we would pack. & pack. i know i cannot leave here sans my jansport & 2 purses in that. w/ my lanyards, a phone, @ least 2 bottles of gatorade/pop, stamps, a notebook, 2 pens, lipstick, eyeshadow, extra hair-ties, a snack, $5, sanitizer, a phone charger, ibuprofen, & a map. to get my mail & a few groceries. i'll pack winter boots to get to the pool. a block away. in the sun. in july. might snow on the way there.

most guys stick w/ that, 'I need 1 thing. my mind.' my school of thought- us women were placed here to make u lose ur mind, then gripe that there is a dish in the sink.

Last edited: